COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kermit has admitted vaccines only slightly reduce transmission so even more reason not to mandate them

The die hard fans of the vaccine will still all be on-board after 2yrs of scaremongering.
The mandating is already in process, it's too late now I think. The media worked their magic in not broadcasting the marches against it all and instead labeled them violent anti vaxxers. The damage is done.

Reactions: 6
The die hard fans of the vaccine will still all be on-board after 2yrs of scaremongering.
The mandating is already in process, it's too late now I think. The media worked their magic in not broadcasting the marches against it all and instead labeled them violent anti vaxxers. The damage is done.
Saw so many care home managers expressing their sadness at how many of their staff have gone and wondering where they're going to turn next :(

B1428326-D26B-4E6B-BC86-04322A635FBB.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Saw so many care home managers expressing their sadness at how many of their staff have gone and wondering where they're going to turn next :(
Radio 1 newsbeat were interviewing a woman today who was a care worker for 14 years and was sacked today. The interviewer didn’t sound sympathetic in the slightest, just a ‘oh well good luck’ attitude. I was so pissed off driving home from the shop listening to it, why are more peope not outraged by this?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Radio 1 newsbeat were interviewing a woman today who was a care worker for 14 years and was sacked today. The interviewer didn’t sound sympathetic in the slightest, just a ‘oh well good luck’ attitude. I was so pissed off driving home from the shop listening to it, why are more peope not outraged by this?!
A lot of people don’t see the care sector until they’re at the stage where they/ families are in need ,it’s only then you see how much these people do .I hold them into higher regard than medical professionals , these are the people who will give us a bit of dignity in our latter years .

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A lot of people don’t see the care sector until they’re at the stage where they/ families are in need ,it’s only then you see how much these people do .I hold them into higher regard than medical professionals , these are the people who will give us a bit of dignity in our later years .
It’s a disgrace, so much for clap for career eh.

View attachment 860126
They must have considered the staff that will leave because they'll be exhausted working overtime to cover the staff that have been fired. Or leave because the agency staff are tit and they can't bare watching them work the way they do... but ain't it lucky the Slap dash agency staff that have no bond with the residents are double vaccinated

Reactions: 5
They must have considered the staff that will leave because they'll be exhausted working overtime to cover the staff that have been fired. Or leave because the agency staff are tit and they can't bare watching them work the way they do... but ain't it lucky the Slap dash agency staff that have non bond with the residents are double vaccinated
Yeah ,especially as so many residents need consistency and routine a strange face every day is just what they need:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Yeah ,especially as so many residents need consistency and routine a strange face every day is just what they need:rolleyes:
When I worked in care some residents didn't mind different people popping in to assist them each day. Others were different and would only respond to certain carers. They still got their care if you were off, but they would be distressed. Many times I had to call in someone else, or someone would have to call me in, but being regular staff who knew your residents, how to care, and most importantly their care plan it was easy to judge.
We had one resident who was particularly challenging and if me and another certain 2 carers weren't on, or on that wing for a while then they wouldn't receive any assistance at all, and agency wouldn't even attempt going in.
They weren't bed bound, but their level of washing wasn't washing. Their opinion of eating wasn't eating.. they'd hide food in drawers and eat it days later and they'd stay in that room for days, or longer. I can't even describe the smell after that long.
Now that's someone who could walk and attempt personal care on themselves. What now for the residents who are bed bound and so physically contracted through illness that only you know how to move them without causing more pain, or get the care done without them pulling your hair out and scratching you to bits and getting them to remain calm.
We know what songs to sing to distract, we know what relative we might be that day to them, we know when we can stroke their hair to calm them and when it will result in an assault.

All this really breaks my heart. Families don't know what goes on behind that closed door because we don't tell them. It's already too much for them to see them so ill, so for them to know how distressing things are is too much and we keep private.
It's not just called personal care because we're wiping a bum, it's personal for their whole dignity and the families wellbeing.

Sorry, I went on a rant there, but this is more than covid now. I understand families wanting staff vaccinated, but they have no idea the damage all this will do by not having particular staff there

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
When I worked in care some residents didn't mind different people popping in to assist them each day. Others were different and would only respond to certain carers. They still got their care if you were off, but they would be distressed. Many times I had to call in someone else, or someone would have to call me in, but being regular staff who knew your residents, how to care, and most importantly their care plan it was easy to judge.
We had one resident who was particularly challenging and if me and another certain 2 carers weren't on, or on that wing for a while then they wouldn't receive any assistance at all, and agency wouldn't even attempt going in.
They weren't bed bound, but their level of washing wasn't washing. Their opinion of eating wasn't eating.. they'd hide food in drawers and eat it days later and they'd stay in that room for days, or longer. I can't even describe the smell after that long.
Now that's someone who could walk and attempt personal care on themselves. What now for the residents who are bed bound and so physically contracted through illness that only you know how to move them without causing more pain, or get the care done without them pulling your hair out and scratching you to bits and getting them to remain calm.
We know what songs to sing to distract, we know what relative we might be that day to them, we know when we can stroke their hair to calm them and when it will result in an assault.

All this really breaks my heart. Families don't know what goes on behind that closed door because we don't tell them. It's already too much for them to see them so ill, so for them to know how distressing things are is too much and we keep private.
It's not just called personal care because we're wiping a bum, it's personal for their whole dignity and the families wellbeing.

Sorry, I went on a rant there, but this is more than covid now. I understand families wantinge staff vaccinated, but they have no idea the damage all this will do by not having particular staff there
👏🏻 💯 like I said people don’t “see “ the care sector.

👏🏻 💯 like I said people don’t “see “ the care sector.
No, people will only care when it's the nhs affected because it affects them now.
They will see soon enough though when people die or are neglected, or when you're desperate for respite but there's no home that can give you that.
Then it will affect social services. When dementia gets worse and people start wandering the streets it will affect the police, who are also short staffed

Reactions: 9
I had to switch off Greg James the other day, and I love him, when he started his whole singalong vaccination bit. What wound me up was when he said to the caller that having the vaccine means “you can be back in the office having face to face meetings which is great” how can they not see how ridiculous that sounds, that to go to work you have to be vaccinated!
The whole situation is so sad. My parents are going to a wedding this weekend and my mum hasn’t slept for days worrying about it. She said she doesn’t want to be in a room full of people but can’t get out of it as it’s my cousins wedding. My dad is tripple vaccinated and she’s waiting on her booster but it makes me so sad to hear how scared she is. She’s no faith in their vaccines, still considers my dad vulnerable and I just think how does she ever move on. How do we ever get back to normal?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I had to switch off Greg James the other day, and I love him, when he started his whole singalong vaccination bit. What wound me up was when he said to the caller that having the vaccine means “you can be back in the office having face to face meetings which is great” how can they not see how ridiculous that sounds, that to go to work you have to be vaccinated!
Same. I had it on yesterday and now they are doing a booster song!

Reactions: 5
Same. I had it on yesterday and now they are doing a booster song!
It's a blatant psychological operation. Things like this will become ear worms, and they hope it will catch on to others. How they're getting away with messaging like this I don't know.

I read a good comment yesterday that said that the government are in a bit of a dilemma.
They're in the position of having to convince the vaccinated that they need the booster, while convincing the unvaccinated that the vaccines work

Reactions: 10
The whole situation is so sad. My parents are going to a wedding this weekend and my mum hasn’t slept for days worrying about it. She said she doesn’t want to be in a room full of people but can’t get out of it as it’s my cousins wedding. My dad is tripple vaccinated and she’s waiting on her booster but it makes me so sad to hear how scared she is. She’s no faith in their vaccines, still considers my dad vulnerable and I just think how does she ever move on. How do we ever get back to normal?
I really feel sorry for people like this because the governments and media have managed to instil this fear into them when they have nothing to be scared of. I was reading a book last week that mentioned how they quietly stopped using ventilators in hospitals for covid, it’s because people were dying from them not covid. Also do you remember that doctor in China who discovered covid then died from it, his picture all over the news? He was an actor and he’s not dead. China also didn’t sanitise their streets because of covid that was all for our benefit to scare people and impose lockdowns, and it worked perfectly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
It's a blatant psychological operation. Things like this will become ear worms, and they hope it will catch on to others. How they're getting away with messaging like this I don't know.

I read a good comment yesterday that said that the government are in a bit of a dilemma.
They're in the position of having to convince the vaccinated that they need the booster, while convincing the unvaccinated that the vaccines work
It really is isn't it, it just makes me eye roll 🤣 This morning they were talking about the crisp shortage and comparing how bbc4 reported and he said something along along lines of he liked to panic everyone (kids were talking so not quite paying attention)

Reactions: 3
It really is isn't it, it just makes me eye roll 🤣 This morning they were talking about the crisp shortage and comparing how bbc4 reported and he said something along along lines of he liked to panic everyone (kids were talking so not quite paying attention)
I’ve really gone off him with the whole vaccination thing. Considering it’s listened to on the school run it’s just blatant propaganda
I laughed when a colleague of mine who is Irish told me she wasn’t allowed to watch BBC as a child because it was propaganda tv, I remember being shocked and thinking wtf….. now I absolutely get it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve really gone off him with the whole vaccination thing. Considering it’s listened to on the school run it’s just blatant propaganda
I laughed when a colleague of mine who is Irish told me she wasn’t allowed to watch BBC as a child because it was propaganda tv, I remember being shocked and thinking wtf….. now I absolutely get it
We were fed Gov propaganda from an early age. I think you'll find that's where most of the mis trust comes from not anti vaxxers in people of my generation...Here's a couple of examples although be warned they're not for the faint hearted and these were aimed at kids and young people ...They’ve now updated it and aimed it at muslims.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
We were fed Gov propaganda from an early age. I think you'll find that's where most of the mis trust comes from not anti vaxxers in people of my generation...Here's a couple of examples although be warned they're not for the faint hearted and these were aimed at kids and young people ...They’ve now updated it and aimed it at muslims.
Absolutely shocking!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.