COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair I think what she was getting at is if you give a reason they will stop repeatedly asking you. She will have a form to complete.

I refused some testing whilst pregnant, and once I explained it was noted and I wasn’t asked and again and patient choice respected.
They don’t, I was also asked when I was pregnant and I told them not to ask me again and they kept sending me texts and letters to book my covid vaccine.

Reactions: 4
This is bleeping horrendous especially about the babies Anyone who has had their cycle affected by the vaccine but doesn't believe what those who won't have the vaccine say, you must see that it's so very possible that it's affecting pregnancy and births?
Not the first, second, or even third funeral director I have heard saying this. One day, and I believe it's going to be very soon, this tit is all going to hit the fan.

That's absolutely awful! Just looking at the married at first sight couple who went into premature labour hours after the jab shows you there's got to be some correlation. I also wonder whether there is an uptick in still births because of the midwife shortages and lack of maternity care at present. I know when I had my son 2 years ago I didn't see anyone for the last month of pregnancy. Not one check up. I was very fortunate there were no issues tbh. I can't imagine how bad it must be after Covid!

Reactions: 2
They don’t, I was also asked when I was pregnant and I told them not to ask me again and they kept sending me texts and letters to book my covid vaccine.
That’s different from your midwife asking you at every appointment though.

Those texts and letters are just the NHS comms machine. I had my first 2 vaccines via nhs research and despite being vaccinated the nhs don’t speak to each other I got the same letters and emails 😂. They got more passive aggressive with every text message 🤣

To be fair I think what she was getting at is if you give a reason they will stop repeatedly asking you. She will have a form to complete.

I refused some testing whilst pregnant, and once I explained it was noted and I wasn’t asked and again and patient choice respected.
She wasn't. It is already on my notes and my previous midwife has respected my decision however this one made it clear it would be discussed in every appointment, simply because she didn't agree and thought if she kept pushing it, she'd scare me into it eventually. It's luck of the draw whether you get someone who respects your choice or if they don't - but if it's the latter, it doesn't matter how many times you say no.

I don't owe anyone a reason, no is a full sentence. That is the beauty of consent, or should be if we hadn't lose sight of that as a society.

"Would you like the vaccine, this is why we feel you should" "No thank you" "Ok we don't agree but respect you right to choose, if you change your mind in the future let us know" should be the complete conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That’s different from your midwife asking you at every appointment though.

Those texts and letters are just the NHS comms machine. I had my first 2 vaccines via nhs research and despite being vaccinated the nhs don’t speak to each other I got the same letters and emails 😂. They got more passive aggressive with every text message 🤣
And how is that ok 🤨

She wasn't. It is already on my notes and my previous midwife has respected my decision however this one made it clear it would be discussed in every appointment, simply because she didn't agree and thought if she kept pushing it, she'd scare me into it eventually. It's luck of the draw whether you get someone who respects your choice or if they don't - but if it's the latter, it doesn't matter how many times you say no.

I don't owe anyone a reason, no is a full sentence. That is the beauty of consent, or should be if we hadn't lose sight of that as a society.

"Would you like the vaccine, this is why we feel you should" "No thank you" "Ok we don't agree but respect you right to choose, if you change your mind in the future let us know" should be the complete conversation.
Fair enough, if you also don’t like your midwife you can use freedom of choice to get another one!

And how is that ok 🤨
I’m not saying it is 😂

Its bleeping sickening. Reminds me of them type of guys who constantly ask you to have sex with them and think eventually if they ask enough you’ll give in, disgusting. Its not a choice but coercion plain and simple, people should just take no for an answer.
Regarding pregnancy women literally avoid eating certain cheeses, meats and caffeine but would still happily get injected with this tit, it actually makes no sense to me, really stresses me out 😫. Im still breastfeeding my 1 year old and don’t even dare take paracetamol when I have a headache so why would I take this. The thing is with the vaccines now which is even more of a reason to say no is the fact its not just two injections and thats it, it’s literally a subscription of constant vaccinations along with the risks that come with it. Nah thanks.

Reactions: 18

That’s awful @jackolantern if you feel comfortable, you should write to the head of midwifes in the trust you’re under. I had a similar experience in pregnancy when I refused blood pressure checks because everytime I was in a clinical setting my blood pressure would rise (it’s known as white coat syndrome) and I had consultants (even though I had never met them and was a low risk pregnancy and always midwifery led care) and midwives telling me if I didn’t go into hospital for further monitoring I could kill my baby etc it was very distressing. I wrote to the head of midwives to complain about how I felt pressured and coerced into changing my mind even though I’d made clear I made an informed decision to decline the blood pressure checks and that I shouldn’t have to have the same conversation every time and if I changed my mind I could bring it up at any appointment but didn’t want asked and probed every time at every appointment as the stress of it couldn’t have been good for me or my baby!

She wrote back apologising and they actually done a training session with all staff in the maternity department about respecting informed choice! So even though it was really tit something good did come off it in the end.

hope you’re ok 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Its bleeping sickening. Reminds me of them type of guys who constantly ask you to have sex with them and think eventually if they ask enough you’ll give in, disgusting. Its not a choice but coercion plain and simple, people should just take no for an answer.
Regarding pregnancy women literally avoid eating certain cheeses, meats and caffeine but would still happily get injected with this tit, it actually makes no sense to me, really stresses me out 😫. Im still breastfeeding my 1 year old and don’t even dare take paracetamol when I have a headache so why would I take this. The thing is with the vaccines now which is even more of a reason to say no is the fact its not just two injections and thats it, it’s literally a subscription of constant vaccinations along with the risks that come with it. Nah thanks.
Ah mate don't get me started on the food! It cracks me up no end. God forbid you have 10mg too much caffeine but an experimental vaccine that 6 months ago was strongly advised against in pregnancy and even in the official NHS leaflets now, they admit they can't guarantee it's safe? Well duck yeah gimmie that tit! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
Ah mate don't get me started on the food! It cracks me up no end. God forbid you have 10mg too much caffeine but an experimental vaccine that 6 months ago was strongly advised against in pregnancy and even in the official NHS leaflets now, they admit they can't guarantee it's safe? Well duck yeah gimmie that tit! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You're declining a trial based drug that has been around for less than a year and somehow you're the nutter! 🤡 world .....

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was on the pregnancy threads up until April and I was actually shocked at how many ‘couldn’t wait’ to get the vaccine, but the same ones were so sad they couldn’t eat Brie and drink coffee. A separate thread had to be made for pregnancy and vaccines because the thread would get derailed every day with it

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I was on the pregnancy threads up until April and I was actually shocked at how many ‘couldn’t wait’ to get the vaccine, but the same ones were so sad they couldn’t eat Brie and drink coffee. A separate thread had to be made for pregnancy and vaccines because the thread would get derailed every day with it
I'm in that thread now and one of the funniest things I find is the obsession with McDonalds. I mean don't get me wrong, I love McDonalds and I get it, when you are pregnant you feel like trash and *anything* you can stomach is a blessing. But plz, you are having multiple McDonalds a week and joking about it with no worries about the baby, yet a bite of NHS forbidden foods would kill your child? Make it make sense, people are so oddly selective about what they do find safe and what they don't with relatively benign things like foods that really, are only harmful in ridiculous amounts, but man made vaccines you know nothing about are safe, peeeeeeeople :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Eggs is one of the funniest. Eggs must be lion stamped and if they aren't, you are a child murderer, but do you really think they are considering the quality of the eggs in all their Maccies?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder who the Brits are going to wheel out for their campaign :rolleyes:

• Sad
Jeez I never dreamed I’d be bringing my kids up in a medicated society, in that they’d need it to function and be a part of. I used to say stay away from drugs you don’t need them they’ll wreck your body and here we are 😕

Reactions: 7
Jeez I never dreamed I’d be bringing my kids up in a medicated society, in that they’d need it to function and be a part of. I used to say stay away from drugs you don’t need them they’ll wreck your body and here we are 😕
But thats street drugs, government pushed drugs are completely fine 🙄

Reactions: 5
Jimmy Dore and Eric Clapton talk about their vax injuries media claim Clapton is racist WTF. So damn funny a few belly laughs here

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The most vaccinated county in Ireland is also the epicentre 🤷🏼‍♀️ Seems to be a running trend

Shocking!! How is this not making the headlines, children, pregnant women put at risk any wonder people question these rushed vaccines and pills 🙄

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Maternity care is overly coercive full stop. I did breastfeed but my friends who didnt and didnt want to were asked over and over why and to reconsider.

If there are things you wish to opt out of they do tend to hound you about it. Even if youre making an informed decision.

Ive seen it time and time again, sadly. I am Covid vaxxed too so Im saying it from my view of maternal care in the UK, they just hound you full stop.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.