COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its going around in circles on here again. It’s terribly sad people can’t see this for exactly what it is. For those that really think a child seeing their favourite character getting a vaccine won’t incentivise them or put it in their head you’re wrong. Our neighbour has a 3 year old who saw his favourite YouTuber wearing a mask he now wears one all the time. At home. In the garden. In the supermarket. It’s nuts. Kids are influenced massively by characters they enjoy to watch. That’s why they use characters to get their messages spread. It works.

Even when it inevitably gets approved for youngsters these people will probably still not bat an eyelid. The vaccine can do no harm. Anyone who has anything concerning or negative about the vaccine is spreading misinformation and fear mongering 🥱
Well I always took mine in blind the last thing I wanted them to know was they were getting a 6 inch needle no matter what character was advocating it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well I always took mine in blind the last thing I wanted them to know was they were getting a 6 inch needle no matter what character was advocating it 😂
Exactly no point making a big deal out of it especially when it’s over with in 2 seconds. Ask questions later 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Every kid is different. My eldest needs to know a play by play of absolutely everything we do before we do it or they cant cope.

Just how their brains works and causes us a lot of heartache as they just meltdown completely when something unexpected happens.

We do loads of social stories/ what happens books with them.

Reactions: 2
Exactly no point making a big deal out of it especially when it’s over with in 2 seconds. Ask questions later 😂
A packet of haribos or toy as a distraction works wonders no point putting the fear of god into them beforehand ,a' quick look over there whats that 'is better than any book the practice nurse is the most hated person in the world afterwards 😂

A packet of haribos or toy as a distraction works wonders no point putting the fear of god into them beforehand ,a' quick look over there whats that 'is better than any book the practice nurse is the most hated person in the world afterwards 😂
Exactly. And I do get that every child is different, my daughter likes reassurance and to know the plans of the day and it must go in that order that she’s told or she will freak out; but that being said, for us anyway I consider how often are vaccination appointments, we can break the rule for one 5 minute appointment if it means she’s not going to go in petrified and worrying all day about getting an injection.

Every kid is different. My eldest needs to know a play by play of absolutely everything we do before we do it or they cant cope.

Just how their brains works and causes us a lot of heartache as they just meltdown completely when something unexpected happens.

We do loads of social stories/ what happens books with them.
Yes they're all different, mine would be the opposite I'd be pulling him in by the hair if I told him what was to happen he's not anxious about life but my sisters son has autism and needs routine and structure so more explaining for her.

Its going around in circles on here again. It’s terribly sad people can’t see this for exactly what it is. For those that really think a child seeing their favourite character getting a vaccine won’t incentivise them or put it in their head you’re wrong. Our neighbour has a 3 year old who saw his favourite YouTuber wearing a mask he now wears one all the time. At home. In the garden. In the supermarket. It’s nuts. Kids are influenced massively by characters they enjoy to watch. That’s why they use characters to get their messages spread. It works.

Even when it inevitably gets approved for youngsters these people will probably still not bat an eyelid. The vaccine can do no harm. Anyone who has anything concerning or negative about the vaccine is spreading misinformation and fear mongering 🥱
My children won’t be being covid vaccinated, but I see no issue with a book explain vaccines for children. Mine have had all their childhood ones.

My eldest did have a reaction to her men b one, she had an allergic reaction. Was thankfully fine. I did question the vaccine for my youngest and I was given the support following my concern via health visitors and my GP. She did have it and was fine.

In all respect if a 3 year old has been watching so much you tube that feel the need to wear a mask 24/7 because they are influenced their parents should switch it off and get him out the house (mask free 😂).

Reactions: 4
In all respect if a 3 year old has been watching so much you tube that feel the need to wear a mask 24/7 because they are influenced their parents should switch it off and get him out the house (mask free 😂).
To be fair you could say the same about fully grown adults who watch BBC News 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What boosters are those that got two pfizers getting ?

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Awful at public speaking but her point is an excellent one no matter what you believe

Reactions: 6
I didn't think anything that woman murphy said was lies the same was said this morning by the chair of the HSE and he wasn't run out of town .

My children won’t be being covid vaccinated, but I see no issue with a book explain vaccines for children. Mine have had all their childhood ones.

My eldest did have a reaction to her men b one, she had an allergic reaction. Was thankfully fine. I did question the vaccine for my youngest and I was given the support following my concern via health visitors and my GP. She did have it and was fine.

To be honest I think his mums doing the best she can in her circumstances, she’s working from home full time while looking after him. He didn’t get a nursery place and she’s a single mum with little support now that her parents refuse to mind him so I think the tv buys her time. He is outside a lot in their garden in fairness so I don’t think he watches it too excessively.

I think young kids are really impressionable and when they see their favourite characters or role models doing things they want to do it too.

Where does it say the book is for a covid vaccination? I assume it’s as the above poster says it’s for childhood vaccinations - especially those 3+ pre school boosters.

Children who read peppa pig aren’t being offered a covid vaccine, unless secondary aged kids are even more behind from lockdowns than what we thought 😂

As a parent of a 3 year old peppa pig superfan I can confirm she brings out new books and tat every month 😂
Peppas 17 no need to stigmatise her because she still likes jumping in muddy puddles 😂

• Haha
To be honest I think his mums doing the best she can in her circumstances, she’s working from home full time while looking after him. He didn’t get a nursery place and she’s a single mum with little support now that her parents refuse to mind him so I think the tv buys her time. He is outside a lot in their garden in fairness so I don’t think he watches it too excessively.

I think young kids are really impressionable and when they see their favourite characters or role models doing things they want to do it too.
Your in England? If so she should contact the local council every child is entitled to a nursery place for pre school. The early years dept of education would help her find a place.

Your in England? If so she should contact the local council every child is entitled to a nursery place for pre school. The early years dept of education would help her find a place.
She has contacted them it’s an ongoing battle. They can only “guarantee” him a place when he’s 4.

• Wow
Thats absolutely scandalous :eek: some kids turn 4 in the summer before they start school so wouldnt attend nursery at all.

Thats absolutely scandalous :eek: some kids turn 4 in the summer before they start school so wouldnt attend nursery at all.
I know it’s crazy what they’re going through, I’ve read the letters back and forth and it’s just shocking. Guess that’s the joys of the postcode lottery!

• Wow
  • Sad
I know it’s crazy what they’re going through, I’ve read the letters back and forth and it’s just shocking. Guess that’s the joys of the postcode lottery!
Shocking, I know at my LA they have profiles of population growth and have invested locally in extensions/opened up nurseries in community buildings when they knew demand would outstrip supply to ensure every child have a local place.

Nothing to do with their restrictions the longest and tightest in Europe 🙄

This woman comes across as very passionate about her work I wonder is what she said true 😕

Last edited:
Absolutely unhinged

Scary that there are people like this who have children but she wants those who don't have the vaccine to lose their children. Lady with the way things are going be very careful your wish doesn't backfire on you

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.