COVID-19 vaccine #23 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Joint Flu & covid jab and stroke.

"In September, Dr Ashish Jha, White House Covid Response Coordinator, said: 'I believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other for the Covid shot.'"

Shame God didn't give you a brain
What a disgusting and stupid comment! Shows the mentality of the scum that gets into power.

And yet people will listen to them.

Reactions: 6
I think most were using their common sense on the word ban , not everyone thinks in a literal way , it’s very clear they were still being offered to certain groups as stated in the articles, it even says those under 50 classed as immunocompromised will get an extra shot in line with the spring booster being offered to the elderly.

Reactions: 7
I think most were using their common sense on the word ban , not everyone thinks in a literal way , it’s very clear they were still being offered to certain groups as stated in the articles, it even says those under 50 classed as immunocompromised will get an extra shot in line with the spring booster being offered to the elderly.
That’s what was posted on here a few days ago and similar things going around on social media. It’s misleading and not factual.

Yes it was clear as to what was advised but people (general speaking) chose to take it out of context and say it was a ban.

That’s what was posted on here a few days ago and similar things going around on social media. It’s misleading and not factual.

Yes it was clear as to what was advised but people (general speaking) chose to take it out of context and say it was a ban.
I’m sure that’s only those that can’t /didn’t read the article, we know the governments pants but even they have a duty of care to certain groups in society even though it’s very poor.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure that’s only those that can’t /didn’t read the article, we know the governments pants but even they have a duty of care to certain groups in society even though it’s very poor.
You would think.. but someone posted a Tweet on here which said Government bans Covid boosters for under 50’s. 🙄 People can and/or are reading but choose to mislead.

You would think.. but someone posted a Tweet on here which said Government bans Covid boosters for under 50’s. 🙄 People can and/or are reading but choose to mislead.
Like I say it’s only those lacking in common sense wouldn’t be able to tell the difference,

---

It’s as clear as day that they’re being given to certain groups even if the stock photo is like something from SAW 😂
https://news.sky.com/story/spring-a...d-for-people-most-at-risk-from-covid-12794846'Emergency' vaccine surge an option if new COVID variant emerges as boosters plan announced

Last edited:
It's hardly a shock that over the course of a pandemic things change. Also those who keep saying about cardiac testing etc seem to be attributing this to the vaccines, why not covid itself of which the risk is 7 x higher?

---

The news of the discontinuation of the vaccine for under 50s makes me feel so utterly stupid for getting the two jabs I did consent to.

Apparently I totally wasted my time and endured horrible and lasting side effects for nothing?
No you didn't. Over the course of the pandemic the risk profile changes, the vaccines were massively effective in changing the course of it. They weren't a waste of time, just because advice changes and progresses it can't be applied directly to the past when things were different.

Last edited:

Joint Flu & covid jab and stroke.

"In September, Dr Ashish Jha, White House Covid Response Coordinator, said: 'I believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other for the Covid shot.'"

Shame God didn't give you a brain
I refused a flu jab this year because I was seeing so many people having some horrendous reactions to theirs. I normally get mine every year without fail because getting flu can cause hospitalisation for me due to pre-existing issues but I'm just self isolating instead this winter, feeling grateful I can do that and have support who understand.

---

UK not banning Covid-19 vaccines for people under the age of 50, like some are wrongly claiming.

I hate our media. Hate it hate it hate it (to sort of quote the late, great Roger Ebert).

Reactions: 3
It's hardly a shock that over the course of a pandemic things change. Also those who keep saying about cardiac testing etc seem to be attributing this to the vaccines, why not covid itself of which the risk is 7 x higher?

---

No you didn't. Over the course of the pandemic the risk profile changes, the vaccines were massively effective in changing the course of it. They weren't a waste of time, just because advice changes and progresses it can't be applied directly to the past when things were different.
Did the benefit to risk profile change for healthy under 50’s since the pandemic began?

I refused a flu jab this year because I was seeing so many people having some horrendous reactions to theirs. I normally get mine every year without fail because getting flu can cause hospitalisation for me due to pre-existing issues but I'm just self isolating instead this winter, feeling grateful I can do that and have support who understand.
Really sorry to hear of your bad reactions to the 2 covid vaccines, Lilyann. I agree with Struggs123 that vaccines were massively effective in altering the pandemic's trajectory, in a postivive way. This only happened because enough of the population got them initially, so you definitely shouldn't feel bad about that decision but that is not to downplay those who've experienced unfortunate side effects.
It would seem sensible if someone wanted to have both a covid booster and an annual flu shot to get them separately, say two weeks apart (not a medical opinion just my thoughts). I thought Biden's 'that's why god gave us two arms' phrase was unfortunate and cringeworthy.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Like what ? It was always the elderly with the highest death rate throughout the pandemic, that remains unchanged.
Generally speaking anyone is now at less risk from dying that they were when covid emerged. Sure the proportionality between groups hasn't changed, but currently the elderly and other high risk groups are (thankfully) less likely to die from covid than they were, ergo proportionately as a crude measure so are under 50s and people who are low risk. Its more complex than that but your statement is true as is the fact that the risk profile has changed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Generally speaking anyone is now at less risk from dying that they were when covid emerged. Sure the proportionality between groups hasn't changed, but currently the elderly and other high risk groups are (thankfully) less likely to die from covid than they were, ergo proportionately as a crude measure so are under 50s and people who are low risk. Its more complex than that but your statement is true as is the fact that the risk profile has changed.
But surely those factors are evolutionary more than vaccine driven . I don’t think it has changed tbh its the same demographics of people at risk along with those with underlying conditions who potentially can die with most viruses if they overwhelm their system.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Like what ? It was always the elderly with the highest death rate throughout the pandemic, that remains unchanged.
Well apparently enough of the population got the jab, so that saved everybody (note the dig at the great unvxd) - even though it was clear that it never stopped transmission.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well apparently enough of the population got the jab, so that saved everybody (note the dig at the great unvxd) - even though it was clear that it never stopped transmission.
That wasn’t true of all countries and they faired better.

Reactions: 5
Really sorry to hear of your bad reactions to the 2 covid vaccines, Lilyann. I agree with Struggs123 that vaccines were massively effective in altering the pandemic's trajectory, in a postivive way. This only happened because enough of the population got them initially, so you definitely shouldn't feel bad about that decision but that is not to downplay those who've experienced unfortunate side effects.
It would seem sensible if someone wanted to have both a covid booster and an annual flu shot to get them separately, say two weeks apart (not a medical opinion just my thoughts). I thought Biden's 'that's why god gave us two arms' phrase was unfortunate and cringeworthy.

Where's the proof that vaccines altered the trajectory?

Also it wasn't Biden who used the 2 good arms phrase

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.