COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There also used to be many more who didn't want it, were injured by it and who lost people through it.

Remember this thread was started for those who didn't want the vaccine, for some reason it was then turned into a general vaccine thread. but it explains why most here are those who have a problem with the vaccine.
I know, but there were also people who were for the vaccine and getting it which is why it became a general thread for vaccine talk. It didn’t make sense for there to be more than one and harder for the Mods.

Well it made sense to me for there to be more than one thread as most of us who didn't want it, were wary of it, had to have it to stay employed but didn't want it, got sick after it , literally had NOWHERE else to go for support and advice and to rant,moan etc.
We honestly didn't need the added stress of having our posts debunked, sneered at and picked on continuously .
Whereas those who were for it had no such problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another sudden death.

Remember, guys, it’s fine to post this in a thread about the vaccine, but if it’s later discovered this person’s death wasn’t vaccine related, it’s disrespectful to say that.

Yes, it’s perfectly fine to speculate about someone’s death to push an agenda, but not OK to make factual statements. 🤡

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Remember, guys, it’s fine to post this in a thread about the vaccine, but if it’s later discovered this person’s death wasn’t vaccine related, it’s disrespectful to say that.

Yes, it’s perfectly fine to speculate about someone’s death to push an agenda, but not OK to make factual statements. 🤡
No, remember it's very disrespectful to speculate on any sudden death unless you are speculating its anything other than the vaccine.

Reactions: 4
No, remember it's very disrespectful to speculate on any sudden death unless you are speculating its anything other than the vaccine.
When the death turns out not to be the vaccine, posters are still adamant that it is the vaccine. Such as the death of pop singer Darius Danesh, which was accidental inhalation of chloroethane.

The tweet above about the sudden death of the NFL player Paul Duncan seems to be from yesterday. If you type his name into twitter, there are multiple accounts re posting about it (blaming the vaccine) yet his death occured in June. There doesn’t seem to be any news source citing the actual cause of death.

Yet people have already decided that it is the vaccine and are pushing this on social media where the post will just keep getting re shared.

Last edited:
No, remember that even if a death is ruled by a coroner to not be vaccine related, it’s fake news and shouldn’t be believed, because people on the internet know better than coroners.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I don't give these people any airtime anymore. Not worth my time. They don't contribute anything to the thread. Cognitive dissonance is very real.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't give these people any airtime anymore. Not worth my time. They don't contribute anything to the thread. Cognitive dissonance is very real.
Cognitive dissonance? Not sure how that applies here (or to anyone) as cognitive dissonance is when someone holds two conflicting beliefs or values, eg. You want to be healthy but do not exercise or have a healthy diet.

Just because people offer a different opinion or another perspective it does not mean they contribute 0 to the thread.

Last edited:
You don’t give airtime because you know there’s no counter argument.

Just like you posted about someone’s facial rash yesterday, then when it was pointed out to you that it was caused by withdrawal from a topical steroid cream, you didn’t say a thing.

Again, not because you were trying to rise above it, but no doubt because you thought “oh crap, I got that one wrong, but I’m not gonna admit it”.

Reactions: 2
My fully vaccinated best friend has once again got covid. I have lost count now of how many times she has had it.

My unvaccinated daughter has had it once and didn't even take time off work (WFH) she lost her sense of smell/taste but that was her most serious symptom. My eldest (unvaccinated) son hasn't had it, or might have, (same as myself) but neither of us has ever tested. my middle vaccinated child has had covid a few times now he was really poorly with it as was his partner.

• Sad
Another misleading title from Toby Young - nowhere in the study linked does it state that the “vaccines destroy any protection a person would have from natural immunity.” 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also what is linked is not the actual study but a letter to the editor referring to parts of the study.

What it does say is -

“Both the BNT162b2 vaccine and previous infection were found to confer considerable immunity against omicron infection and protection against hospitalization and death. The rapid decline in protection against omicron infection that was conferred by vaccination and previous infection provides support for booster vaccination.”

I implore anyone to go and read it themselves before going by the misleading title that Toby Young/Daily Sceptic is claiming. A common occurence.

Last edited:
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...o-over-65s-carers-and-pregnant-women-12695534COVID-19: Booster jab rollout moves to over-65s, carers and pregnant women
1662969176677.png

No one has been vaccinated specifically against the newer variants yet, but like with 'flu an we'll get to a sitation where an updated version of the vaccine will be offered each year. Annual innoculation schedules are pretty standard for certain viruses.

Given the current situation, it makes sense to offer specific demographics a booster each Autumn (as we do for influenza). Your choice to turn it down if you're not convinced, but best if this is an evidence based decision.

FWIW, I work in a hospital, very low risk for coronavirus personally, but see no issue in having a booster if recommended.
It’s was available to book from last week , let us know how it goes 👍🏻

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My fully vaccinated best friend has once again got covid. I have lost count now of how many times she has had it.

My unvaccinated daughter has had it once and didn't even take time off work (WFH) she lost her sense of smell/taste but that was her most serious symptom. My eldest (unvaccinated) son hasn't had it, or might have, (same as myself) but neither of us has ever tested. my middle vaccinated child has had covid a few times now he was really poorly with it as was his partner.
Yeah my cousin is the only unvaccinated person who's had it and she had some sniffles. I'm like you, never tested so technically never had it!

Just to add an alternative view, all of my vaccinated friends and family who've had covid have had it mild. Some have commented that they're glad they had the vaccine as they may have had much more severe symptoms had they not been jabbed.

I'm triple jabbed and have never (to my knowledge) had covid. Of course, I may well have had it and the vaccine meant I showed no symptoms.

Edit - I see I'm the only one whose vaccine experience is being laughed at. Wonder why that might be...

• Haha
Will this be the fifth ?!!!!!
My dad's had four and no doubt will be having this.
Seems crazy to me.

I'm laughing at the old cliche glad they had the vaccine as symptoms could have been more severe 🙄

Just to add an alternative view, all of my vaccinated friends and family who've had covid have had it mild. Some have commented that they're glad they had the vaccine as they may have had much more severe symptoms had they not been jabbed.

I'm triple jabbed and have never (to my knowledge) had covid. Of course, I may well have had it and the vaccine meant I showed no symptoms.

Edit - I see I'm the only one whose vaccine experience is being laughed at. Wonder why that might be...
Likewise, my family members and friends who are vaccinated and had Covid-19, have had it mild. A few (including myself) that had Covid-19 before the vaccine had it much worse.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.