COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will this be the fifth ?!!!!!
My dad's had four and no doubt will be having this.
Seems crazy to me.
The majority of the UK population who are vaccinated have had the initial first and second dose followed by the booster, so the answer to your question will this be the fifth - no.

For those who are vulnerable, elderly and immunocompromised they have been offered more due to their immune response not being as strong.

Reactions: 1
The majority of the UK population who are vaccinated have had the initial first and second dose followed by the booster, so the answer to your question will this be the fifth - no.

For those who are vulnerable, elderly and immunocompromised they have been offered more due to their immune respose not being as strong.
Indeed. I don't know anyone who's had more than three. My mum is almost 70 but hasn't had more than that. She's hoping to be offered the booster soon and she'll take it, just like she's had the flu vaccine every autumn.

But I'm sure most people here will laugh at the concept of someone exercising her free will and making choices for herself.

Indeed. I don't know anyone who's had more than three. My mum is almost 70 but hasn't had more than that. She's hoping to be offered the booster soon and she'll take it, just like she's had the flu vaccine every autumn.

But I'm sure most people here will laugh at the concept of someone exercising her free will and making choices for herself.
For most it has been around 9-12 months since they had their booster so it would be a similar interval to their annual flu vaccine.

I don’t know why it is laughed at if people want to have another vaccine or booster. Thought people didn’t care if others choose to get vaccinated. If someone does not want it, fine. If someone does want it, fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

For those who are vulnerable, elderly and immunocompromised they have been offered more due to their immune response not being as strong.
So it will be the fifth.
Doh!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Read mongas Post
It's for over 65s,auto immune etc so it will be their 5th one offered.
Doh
Over and out

Reactions: 2
Surely any cancer increase is more likely due to lockdowns and people not seeking medical attention, rather than a vaccine causing it.
It’s like all the excess deaths being blamed on the vaccine yet people will not consider the fact that delayed appointments and operations would have been a contributing factor and Covid-19 as it is associated with so many long term problems.

Surely any cancer increase is more likely due to lockdowns and people not seeking medical attention, rather than a vaccine causing it.
It's always about the spike protein the spike the spike :eek:
I think the key mistake was in the naming, and calling it a spike which just doesn't have any niceness about it.
They should have called it 'fluffy bunny protein', complete with official diagram showing two of the proteins together and how the pointy bits are quite obviously ears.

Just to add an alternative view, all of my vaccinated friends and family who've had covid have had it mild. Some have commented that they're glad they had the vaccine as they may have had much more severe symptoms had they not been jabbed.

I'm triple jabbed and have never (to my knowledge) had covid. Of course, I may well have had it and the vaccine meant I showed no symptoms.

Edit - I see I'm the only one whose vaccine experience is being laughed at. Wonder why that might be...
You laugh reacted when I talked about my brother in laws vaccine experience when he went on to take a seizure and almost died as he driving a vehicle at the time, so no you aren’t the only one being laughed at, you’re one who does the laughing 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s like all the excess deaths being blamed on the vaccine yet people will not consider the fact that delayed appointments and operations would have been a contributing factor and Covid-19 as it is associated with so many long term problems.
Yes indeed. They're so blinkered and hell bent on the vaccine being bad that so many random things get attributed to it. And that actually just weakens their argument because it looks like they're desperately clutching at straws to prove they're right.

It's always about the spike protein the spike the spike :eek:
I think the key mistake was in the naming, and calling it a spike which just doesn't have any niceness about it.
They should have called it 'fluffy bunny protein', complete with official diagram showing two of the proteins together and how the pointy bits are quite obviously ears.
But that would be criticised along the following lines: "They're using cutesy terms to make the vaccine sound attractive to children!!!" :p

You laugh reacted when I talked about my brother in laws vaccine experience when he went on to take a seizure and almost died as he driving a vehicle at the time, so no you aren’t the only one being laughed at, you’re one who does the laughing 👀
Can you find that post for me? I wouldn't laugh at someone having a seizure, so I'm sure it was another aspect of the post I was reacting to and I'm more than happy to clarify if presented with the actual text.

Yes indeed. They're so blinkered and hell bent on the vaccine being bad that so many random things get attributed to it. And that actually just weakens their argument because it looks like they're desperately clutching at straws to prove they're right.
This is a gossip forum. No one is here to prove they’re right. They’re here to gossip about things which may be related to the vaccine in one way or another. I don’t get why so many are coming out of the woodwork for the purpose of arguing or fact checking other peoples opinions. It could be described as desperate IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
At the moment it seems like most things are being attribute to the vaccines - excess deaths, sudden deaths, the increase of difibrillators when there are many other factors to consider.

This is a gossip forum. No one is here to prove they’re right. They’re here to gossip about things which may be related to the vaccine in one way or another. I don’t get why so many are coming out of the woodwork for the purpose of arguing or fact checking other peoples opinions. It could be described as desperate IMO.
I know exactly why. The titanic is sinking so let's argue about how the deck chairs were arranged.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I get this is a gossip forum, but that relates to all the influencer threads, not this one.

It's not "desperate" to want to check if something is right. It's desperate to make out like misinformation doesn't matter when you're called out on it.

I know exactly why. The titanic is sinking so let's argue about how the deck chairs were arranged.....
Haha, says the one who posted something that was proven false yesterday and then magically changed the subject.

I can understand why you're in favour of that view. 😂

At the moment it seems like most things are being attribute to the vaccines - excess deaths, sudden deaths, the increase of difibrillators when there are many other factors to consider.
I believe it's called "smoke and mirrors".

But those who post about the vaccine being the cause of so many things could be seen as trying to prove they are right. I don’t see an issue with pointing out if something is not accurate, I personally don’t do it to cause an argument. If I see/read something that is not correct, I’ll say so or may offer another perspective. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But those who post about the vaccine being the cause of so many things could be seen as trying to prove they are right. I don’t see an issue with pointing out if something is not accurate, I personally don’t do it to cause an argument. If I see/read something that is not correct, I’ll say so or may offer another perspective. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's only wrong when you do it, Prefrontal. ;)

I get this is a gossip forum, but that relates to all the influencer threads, not this one.

It's not "desperate" to want to check if something is right. It's desperate to make out like misinformation doesn't matter when you're called out on it.

Haha, says the one who posted something that was proven false yesterday and then magically changed the subject.

I can understand why you're in favour of that view. 😂
Nope. It’s all a gossip forum. No one is here for educational purposes. It’s desperate attempts to prove people wrong. No one posting about the vaccine potentially causing x y or z are trying to prove they are right, they are sharing their opinion.

I’ve never been called out on misinformation myself so I can’t really comment on that but perhaps those you and others feel you’re “exposing” don’t want to get into trouble by engaging in arguments?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.