COVID-19 vaccine #16 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They likely see the type of replies we get and think "fucked if I'm subjecting myself to that". šŸ˜‚

I genuinely feel some people here straight up dislike me as well, not just my views. Whenever I post in this thread my notification bell lights up like a Christmas tree with replies/reactions from the same people, generally berating me, being nasty, relentessly targeting me with repetitive accusations, etc. I can take it as I've got thick skin, but most people come to Tattle for a bit of light entertainment so I can see why they'd rather avoid the more serious topics like this one.
I have felt the same at times, more so when I have posted about my experience of Covid-19 and my posts were laughed at and berated. Generally I can take it, some days more than others. šŸ«£

Yes for sure, Tattle has plenty of threads for light hearted convos that are not as deep as the ones on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They likely see the type of replies we get and think "fucked if I'm subjecting myself to that". šŸ˜‚

I genuinely feel some people here straight up dislike me as well, not just my views. Whenever I post in this thread my notification bell lights up like a Christmas tree with replies/reactions from the same people, generally berating me, being nasty, etc. I can take it as I've got thick skin, but most people come to Tattle for a bit of light entertainment so I can see why they'd rather avoid the more serious topics like this one.
Really? How could anyone dislike someone they donā€™t know though?! Weā€™re all anonymous here. For what itā€™s worth I donā€™t dislike anyone just because they have different views about vaccine than me, and lifeā€™s far too short to hate on people especially when you donā€™t even know their real name.

I havenā€™t seen anyone doing any of those things to you but i would really encourage you to report it. We can all disagree respectfully without getting personal. Iā€™ve had people be incredibly nasty to me on other threads and their comments got removed almost instantly, the mods are fantastic around here and they do an excellent job. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a mammoth task for them!

Reactions: 5
Yes I do think this is also a reason why people no longer post on here, because we are in a different place than we were a year or two ago. The main Covid thread has also gone very quite, more so than this one as people are getting on with life.
Yea I guess itā€™s a good thing that covid is becoming an issue of the past and people are living life again itā€™s great to see. Although apparently cases are on the rise in England and Northern Ireland šŸ˜³

Reactions: 2
Yea I guess itā€™s a good thing that covid is becoming an issue of the past and people are living life again itā€™s great to see. Although apparently cases are on the rise in England and Northern Ireland šŸ˜³
Yes Iā€™ve also seen that there are signs it is on the rise. Not just here, in other countries too. Looks like it could be the Omicron sub-variants.

As long as they donā€™t lock down the world again I donā€™t think anyone could cope with that šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
I donā€™t think thatā€™ll happen as we know so much more about this virus than we did when it first emerged and hopefully can be prepared for winter outbreaks. Saying that, the NHS does not seem like it can cope with anything.

Reactions: 1
I think this is a good representation of this thread lately šŸ˜‚
Think it would be this personally : šŸ¤Ŗ

Iā€™ve not been posting here because i donā€™t have the mental energy and you guys do go in circles.

• Haha
@Ensay I didn't refute your point because I was out enjoying the sunshine & had better things to do šŸ˜‚

But now I've had a chance to see what you wrote: isn't gaslighting also telling someone they're wrong for feeling insulted? That you somehow know this person's feelings better than them, and therefore they shouldn't be offended?

Don't mind me, just applying that 'classic method' of using someone's word against them*. Oooops sorry, actually, isn't that gaslighting too? šŸ¤”

Itā€™s the classic method of changing a couple of words in a personā€™s post to show how their criticism of the opposing viewpoint applies equally to their own viewpoint.

• Heart
@Ensay I didn't refute your point because I was out enjoying the sunshine & had better things to do šŸ˜‚

But now I've had a chance to see what you wrote: isn't gaslighting also telling someone they're wrong for feeling insulted? That you somehow know this person's feelings better than them, and therefore they shouldn't be offended?

Don't mind me, just applying that 'classic method' of using someone's word against them*. Oooops sorry, actually, isn't that gaslighting too? šŸ¤”

I, too, enjoyed the sunshine today. Lovely, wasn't it? :cool:

Assuming you're referring to the "ilk" thing, I just said I didn't mean it in an insulting way and provided a link to a dictionary definition of ilk when I was challenged which supported my view that it means 'type'.

Despite this, I was repeatedly told how I meant it, as though others knew my mind better than me. Which, yes, I said was gaslighting. I stand by that.

I wish more would vocalise from the pro-vaccine community it seems to be just a few of you here now which is a huge shift from the older threads reading back. Thatā€™s why I believe a lot of them do carry regret because of all the things coming out against the vaccine it must feel like the ultimate betrayal for so many - I know you and the others who are vocally pro vaccine on this thread have said you dont regret your decision personally.

I genuinely welcome opposing views to mine it helps form a wider discussion.
Great!
I don't regret having the vaccine, and none of my friends, colleagues or family have expressed regret, or any thoughts of betrayal. We believe it reduced our chances of contracting covid, and/or suffering major complications from the virus. I'll be happy to have an annual booster. šŸ™‚
We're aware of the small chance of side effects, as with any medication, but wish to avoid the more common, serious, effects of covid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Great!
I don't regret having the vaccine, and none of my friends, colleagues or family have expressed regret, or any thoughts of betrayal. We believe it reduced our chances of contracting covid, and/or suffering major complications from the virus. I'll be happy to have an annual booster. šŸ™‚
We're aware of the small chance of side effects, as with any medication, but wish to avoid the more common, serious, effects of covid.
Thanks for commenting. Iā€™m glad you are happy with your choice. Just wondered if you would ever consider having the booster more than annually as according to the fact checkers the efficacy goes to virtually nothing after 20-25 weeks?
The majority of people I know personally who had the vaccines went on to develop covid more than once so they expressed they wouldnā€™t get it again as they felt ā€œwhatā€™s the pointā€ to use their words, which makes me believe they regret getting it in the first place.
1A3A5F92-B9AB-47B5-B5F6-7A6680246FD7.png

Sorry to jump on this thread but itā€™s just come back to me and Iā€™ve tried Googling (shock canā€™t find any clear answers).

What happened to the whole ā€œNHS workers will be fired if they donā€™t take the vaccineā€? Did this actually happen? Or is it still waiting to happen? Itā€™s just been completely dropped from the media & I stopped reading these threads a few months ago

Reactions: 3
The majority of the people who are currently on this thread are against the Covid vaccine and have maintained the same stance since the very start of this thread. We used to have a few more users who were pro vaccine but are no longer around - not sure why, donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily because they regret their decision, could be šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø but many come and go.

It definitely is interesting when there is more than one view point and perspective. That goes for any discussion.
Noā€¦ no no no - I don't regret my decision, and would rather eat my chuddies than have some mass experimental vaccine pumped into me. Personally, I have not been around because my brother became house bound after having his third booster about a month ago. He has given up on doctors and will not report problems; like many other people I have been told about. Trying to help out, but have to travel 5 or 6 hours by train and bus which is taking up my time. I'm in no way critical of anyone who chooses to have the vaccine but believe it's my body, my choice.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Sorry to jump on this thread but itā€™s just come back to me and Iā€™ve tried Googling (shock canā€™t find any clear answers).

What happened to the whole ā€œNHS workers will be fired if they donā€™t take the vaccineā€? Did this actually happen? Or is it still waiting to happen? Itā€™s just been completely dropped from the media & I stopped reading these threads a few months ago
They U-turned their decision on that! Wise move if the nhs is crumbling now heavens knows what it would be like with even less feet on the ground

Reactions: 8
The time limit doesnā€™t concern me, as I suspect future covid vaccines will follow a similar pattern to the flu vaccine - ie administered in the autumn to cover the winter period, when infection is most likely. Then, when protection starts to wane, infection rates will also decline.

That said, work on vaccines is always ongoing and there may well be future vaccines that provide protection for a longer period.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.