COVID-19 vaccine #16 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 4
So do you believe the vaccine is likely the cause then or not because your previous comments give the impression you donā€™t believe it? Came across very dismissive of it even.

Heres another case, this time a female.

I cannot say as the study does not have a definitive conclusion and in their analysis, the p value was 0.07 which means it is not a significant result.

I cannot say as the study does not have a definitive conclusion and in their analysis, the p value was 0.07 which means it is not a significant result.
Thats fine youā€™re entitled to believe what you do. I respect weā€™re all different here.

Your rationale behind this vs the Mrs Beiber case is why I say itā€™s double standards, because Mrs Beibers case was also a small isolated sample and yet you were quite certain those doctors in her case were right. So much so that you shared it more than once as a ā€œgotchaā€ and refuted any other suggestion as to why she had a blood clot. Her case wasnā€™t a clear cut 100% explanation either but you believed that one anyway!

Reactions: 6
Thats fine youā€™re entitled to believe what you do. I respect weā€™re all different here.

Your rationale behind this vs the Mrs Beiber case is why I say itā€™s double standards, because Mrs Beibers case was also a small isolated sample and yet you were quite certain those doctors in her case were right. So much show that you shared it more than once as a ā€œgotchaā€ and refuted any other suggestion as to why she had a blood clot. Her case wasnā€™t a clear cut 100% explanation either but you believed that one anyway!
There was no mention of the vaccine regarding factors her doctors were considering. I didnā€™t share it as a gotcha. I wouldnā€™t say she is a small isolated sample, many people have suffered what she has, blood clots and heart related issues but it was not the vaccine.

Yes, we certainly believe different things and have our opinions.

There was no mention of the vaccine regarding factors her doctors were considering. I didnā€™t share it as a gotcha.

Yes, we certainly believe different things and have our opinions.
Vaccine aside - why did you believe their conclusion as what caused the blood clot if it was only a one person sample if thatā€™s the reason you donā€™t believe the researchers in both of those case studies I shared.

Not to mention the cases I shared were on recognised and reputable platforms. Mrs Beibers case is going off her account and interpretation only, that was shared on social media - I thought that was frowned upon to give credibility to anecdotes shared on social media platforms.

Reactions: 4
Vaccine aside - why did you believe their conclusion as what caused the blood clot if it was only a one person sample if thatā€™s the reason you donā€™t believe the researchers in both of those case studies I shared.

Not to mention the cases I shared were on recognised and reputable platforms. Mrs Beibers case is going off her account and interpretation only, that was shared on social media - I thought that was frowned upon to give credibility to anecdotes shared on social media platforms.
The study you posted, the researcher themselves said there is no definitive association. I am just repeating myself here, have already discussed this at length and I really donā€™t fancy repeating myself any further.

The study you posted, the researcher themselves said there is no definitive assocation. I am just repeating myself here, have already discussed this at length and I really donā€™t fancy repeating myself any further.
No problem at all! No answer is an answer. Iā€™m just explaining why I feel youā€™ve double standards so you donā€™t feel Iā€™m plucking it out of thin air.

Reactions: 3
No problem at all! No answer is an answer. Iā€™m just explaining why I feel youā€™ve double standards so you donā€™t feel Iā€™m plucking it out of thin air.
I donā€™t know what else to add to this conversation. I think weā€™ve spoken at length about it and could probably publish our very own case study about it. šŸ˜…

I donā€™t know what else to add to this conversation. I think weā€™ve spoken at length about it and could probably publish our very own case study about it. šŸ˜…
You could always answer the questions you skim by and donā€™t acknowledge šŸ˜‚ now thereā€™s an idea to keep us all out of trouble. Youā€™d have to declare all your bias though šŸ˜‰

All jokes aside hopefully this is the first of many to get compensated for their injuryā€™s from vaccination šŸ˜¢

The way I see it is you're saying there's no definitive proof that the vaccine was the cause, which doesn't mean it isn't, just that we can't say for sure that is or isn't based on the information available.

Which sounds logical to me.

It's twofold; it distracts from the main points we're making and it also adds to the hostile 'piling on' atmosphere, which I've spoken about before.

It's the groupthink mentality, when a group of people who are in the majority all share the same viewpoint so feel more emboldended to attack those in the minority. Seen it before over and over. Usually results in the minority withdrawing, but I'm made of tough stuff, so I'm going nowhere.
There is definitely a majority here in terms of opinion but I also think it is important for discussion to be had from another perspective/viewpoint/opinion/belief/whatever you want to call it.

You could always answer the questions you skim by and donā€™t acknowledge šŸ˜‚ now thereā€™s an idea to keep us all out of trouble. Youā€™d have to declare all your bias though šŸ˜‰

All jokes aside hopefully this is the first of many to get compensated for their injuryā€™s from vaccination šŸ˜¢

I have acknowledged things more than I needed to. For what? Just repeating myself. My only bias is #FundedByPfizer.

The way I see it is you're saying there's no definitive proof that the vaccine was the cause, which doesn't mean it isn't, just that we can't say for sure that is or isn't based on the information available.

Thank you, there wasnā€™t anything more to it. šŸ„²

Yea you know what, you are so right. Entirely logical to believe a personal account on a YouTube vlog and at the same time deny 2 published case studies were the researchers believe the vaccine is likely to be responsible.

Yea you know what, you are so right. Entirely logical to believe a personal account on a YouTube vlog and at the same time deny 2 published case studies were the researchers believe the vaccine is likely to be responsible.
I didnā€™t deny. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Please can you not twist what I have said.

I didnā€™t deny. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Please can you not twist what I have said.
You said the sample was too small for you to be sure, but yet a personal vlog on YouTube is enough size of a sample for you to be certain. Thatā€™s denial in my eyes, you disagree, youā€™ve made clear youā€™ve nothing further to say on it.

Reactions: 7
You said the sample was too small for you to be sure, but yet a personal vlog on YouTube is enough size of a sample for you to be certain. Thatā€™s denial in my eyes, you disagree, youā€™ve made clear youā€™ve nothing further to say on it.
The researchers themselves did not say it was a definitive association, hardly denial.

No I donā€™t have any further to say but will speak up as you are twisting what I have said.

The researchers themselves did not say it was a definitive association. No I donā€™t have any further to say but will speak up as you are twisting what I have said.
Everyone here can read. The researchers believe itā€™s likely the cause. A bit like the YouTube video said she believed her doctors thought it was likely x y and z. Both werenā€™t 100% definitive but you chose to only believe the social media platform because apparently 2 cases have a smaller sample size than 1 anecdotal experience - thatā€™s cool Iā€™m not arguing or trying to prove you otherwise nor am I twisting anything.

Reactions: 3
Everyone here can read. The researchers believe itā€™s likely the cause. A bit like the YouTube video said she believed her doctors thought it was likely x y and z. Both werenā€™t 100% definitive but you chose to only believe the social media platform because apparently 2 cases have a smaller sample size than 1 anecdotal experience - thatā€™s cool Iā€™m not arguing or trying to prove you otherwise nor am I twisting anything.
You have, by saying I have denied/dismissed it is the vaccine when all I have said is there is no definitive association.

There was NO mention of the vaccine in any report regarding Hailey, if the doctors are able to talk about the pill, Covid-19 infection or a long haul flight as potential factors, they are just as capable of talking about a vaccine.

Over and out. šŸ™…šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.