COVID-19 vaccine #16 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No… no no no - I don't regret my decision, and would rather eat my chuddies than have some mass experimental vaccine pumped into me. Personally, I have not been around because my brother became house bound after having his third booster about a month ago. He has given up on doctors and will not report problems; like many other people I have been told about. Trying to help out, but have to travel 5 or 6 hours by train and bus which is taking up my time. I'm in no way critical of anyone who chooses to have the vaccine but believe it's my body, my choice.
In my initial comment I wasn’t talking about people who have NOT had the vaccine regretting their decision. We were discussing users who were pro vaccine and used to post but they are no longer posting. I said I don’t think they’ve stopped posting because they regret getting the vaccine.

Great that you are happy with the choice you made.

Reactions: 1
The time limit doesn’t concern me, as I suspect future covid vaccines will follow a similar pattern to the flu vaccine - ie administered in the autumn to cover the winter period, when infection is most likely. Then, when protection starts to wane, infection rates will also decline.

That said, work on vaccines is always ongoing and there may well be future vaccines that provide protection for a longer period.
I didn’t think covid had become a seasonal illness yet though? Is it not equally as likely to catch it at any time of the year, I mean we’re going into the warmest months of the year and infections are rising.

Reactions: 6
In my initial comment I wasn’t talking about people who have NOT had the vaccine regretting their decision. We were discussing users who were pro vaccine and used to post but they are no longer posting. I said I don’t think they’ve stopped posting because they regret getting the vaccine.

Great that you are happy with the choice you made.
My initial comment was about those in the early threads being awful and nasty to those who didn't get the vaccines and told people they were selfish and killing people. I wondered if they now regretted that
You decided to once again run with what you thought I had said rather than what I actually said and not for the first time

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else ever wonder how people will reflect on this generation in terms of health advice? Hindsight is a wonderful thing and what we told people was safe and effective years ago is frightening now we “know better”. I wonder how the future generations will think of the advice and treatments given today vs what they’ll do in 50 years from now!
530B32BD-3BC0-47B4-AAFF-7018BC5AB885.png

Reactions: 6
I didn’t think covid had become a seasonal illness yet though? Is it not equally as likely to catch it at any time of the year, I mean we’re going into the warmest months of the year and infections are rising.
I’m talking more long term. There have been small rises recently but numbers are still pretty low overall. It can likely be attributed to all the gatherings over the half term break/long jubilee weekend.

The rate is likely to increase going into the winter season and that’s the key time to target vaccines for the more vulnerable.

My initial comment was about those in the early threads being awful and nasty to those who didn't get the vaccines and told people they were selfish and killing people. I wondered if they now regretted that
You decided to once again run with what you thought I had said rather than what I actually said and not for the first time
I did not run with anything. You said this followed by a photo of a bird with their head in the ground, also note where you say ‘anyone.’

“IMO Anyone still fully believing they were not lied to or manipulated in any way must be related to a certain large bird.”

I’m talking more long term. There have been small rises recently but numbers are still pretty low overall. It can likely be attributed to all the gatherings over the half term break/long jubilee weekend.

The rate is likely to increase going into the winter season and that’s the key time to target vaccines for the more vulnerable.
The experts say we’re not there yet though, so before we get there, would you consider a vaccine every 20-25 weeks for protection?

Reactions: 3
I did not run with anything. You said this followed by a photo of a bird with their head in the ground, also note where you say ‘anyone.’

“IMO Anyone still fully believing they were not lied to or manipulated in any way must be related to a certain large bird.”

This was your own reply to that post .... I posted the photo after your post.

1655020132016.png

Pop your head up for a moment.

1655020508110.png

1655020544683.png

1655020593309.png

I will go as far as to say, if you really do still believe 100% that there were no lies or manipulation at that time then yes, you do have your head in the sand.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This was your own reply to that post .... I posted the photo after your post.

I will go as far as to say, if you really do still believe 100% that there were no lies or manipulation at that time then yes, you do have your head in the sand.
That’s what I said a couple of pages back regarding the image - people have their heads buried in the same. You said I run with it. I didn’t.

I think by now it’s quite clear we don’t agree on vaccines or other things related to Covid. I have said previously I have not always agreed with all the decisions made by the government, no image or what you say is going to make me change my mind. Likewise, anything I say will not change yours. 😅

Cool. I wasn’t sure if you’d agree with the experts on it or make your own mind up. They say with every booster you risk weakening your own immune system.

Even that article uses lots of caveats -- e.g. "European regulators say giving COVID-19 booster shots too frequently may weaken immune response."

Which shows further research needs to be done and I believe will be done before a long term vaccine strategy is decided upon.

Even that article uses lots of caveats -- e.g. "European regulators say giving COVID-19 booster shots too frequently may weaken immune response."

Which shows further research needs to be done and I believe will be done before a long term vaccine strategy is decided upon.
Yea that’s why I said you risk, not you indefinitely will 😴

Reactions: 3
That’s what I said a couple of pages back regarding the image - people have their heads buried in the same. You said I run with it. I didn’t.

I think by now it’s quite clear we don’t agree on vaccines or other things related to Covid. I have said previously I have not always agreed with all the decisions made by the government, no image or what you say is going to make me change my mind. Likewise, anything I say will not change yours. 😅
Christ on a bike, my point, that you ran away with, was nothing to do with that image.. what came after was purely down to you- once again -taking it off in another direction to yet again point out you don't regret the vaccine.

I don't want to change your mind.. my point was, I wondered how many people regret the things they said to others at that time.. You clearly don't. End of the matter.

Reactions: 9
Christ on a bike, my point, that you ran away with, was nothing to do with that image.. what came after was purely down to you- once again -taking it off in another direction to yet again point out you don't regret the vaccine.

I don't want to change your mind.. my point was, I wondered how many people regret the things they said to others at that time.. You clearly don't. End of the matter.
Have a nice Sunday. 🌞

Does anyone else ever wonder how people will reflect on this generation in terms of health advice? Hindsight is a wonderful thing and what we told people was safe and effective years ago is frightening now we “know better”. I wonder how the future generations will think of the advice and treatments given today vs what they’ll do in 50 years from now! View attachment 1336968
This isn't a real vintage ad, btw. It's a parody done for a 'bad ads' competition. I've seen all the vintage ads with doctors proclaiming cigarettes are great but this most definitely is not real.

• Haha
Oh yeah, I didn't mean to suggest you said I definitely would, I just read the article and replied about its content.

It's all hypothetical after all.
I’m sure experts in infectious disease are best placed to make these warnings.

This isn't a real vintage ad, btw. It's a parody done for a 'bad ads' competition. I've seen all the vintage ads with doctors proclaiming cigarettes are great but this most definitely is not real.
I’m sorry where did I say it was real?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Indeed and I'm sure experts will be fully involved in any long term vaccine programs, same as they are with the annual flu jabs.
Yea thats why I was asking if you agreed with the experts or if you go off your own instinct.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.