COVID-19 vaccine #16 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those people are harming others though, particularly the oceans and the environment around us. Many of them end up in woodlands and oceans which contributes to the disruption of life for our vulnerable creatures.

You might say that it wasn’t ok, however that demonstrates your lack of insight. People who didn’t wear masks were treated significantly differently, refused entry into shops, refused entry to restaurants even though you take it off to eat the food, refused entry to outdoor markets, refused medical treatment. Can you recall the “no mask no entry” signs at every doorway of every shop and public building?! Maybe you’ve a different recollection than I do.

I was called a murderer for not wearing a mask. Bit more than giving “stick”.
Oh come on. Most people who choose to wear masks these days have the cloth rewashable type. And even those who use the disposable ones hopefully mostly put them in the bin. Littering is bad, but it's always been the minority who do it. The environment is more at risk from pollutants, palm oil and mass produced plastics than face coverings.

Obviously I don't agree with people calling you a murderer for not wearing a mask and I'd certainly never say something like that. It's not OK and it's also not OK to tell people they shouldn't wear masks if they want to.

You might want to scroll back and re read, I didn’t make that comment.
I know you didn't. :D But you did make a follow up comment, which I replied to and clarified my stance.

I didn't take offence to what your husband said. I replied to the post you made before the one where you mentioned your husband.

It was the head in sand bit I was more referring to and that was aimed at people like me -- i.e. those who don't regret their decision.
Maybe if you could stop taking things personally and actually read what was said then we might get somewhere

My post was aimed at those who truly believe the media and governments didn't manipulate and lie about the situation.

" Anyone still fully believing they were not lied to or manipulated in any way must be related to a certain large bird"

If you truly believe we were told the truth at all times and the unvaccinated were indeed killing granny while the vaccinated were keeping them safe Then sorry I do think you are beyond actual help

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh come on. Most people who choose to wear masks these days have the cloth rewashable type. And even those who use the disposable ones hopefully mostly put them in the bin. Littering is bad, but it's always been the minority who do it. The environment is more at risk from pollutants, palm oil and mass produced plastics than face coverings.

Obviously I don't agree with people calling you a murderer for not wearing a mask and I'd certainly never say something like that. It's not OK and it's also not OK to tell people they shouldn't wear masks if they want to.

I know you didn't. :D But you did make a follow up comment, which I replied to and clarified my stance.
Cloth masks don’t do anything so anyone still wearing one of those isn’t really a believer at all. I only see people wearing single use ones. My sons pick them up In the park where morons drop them or they fall out of pockets. Where do the disposable ones go? If they’re put in the bin they still go to landfill and guess where that ends up. I didn’t tell anyone they couldn’t wear a mask. I said there are still believers who are muzzled.

Yes I made a follow up comment, that still doesn’t mean I said it, someone else said it. For what it’s worth I agree whole heartedly with what they said 😉

Reactions: 6
Maybe if you could stop taking things personally and actually read what was said then we might get somewhere

My post was aimed at those who truly believe the media and governments didn't manipulate and lie about the situation.

" Anyone still fully believing they were not lied to or manipulated in any way must be related to a certain large bird"

If you truly believe we were told the truth at all times and the unvaccinated were indeed killing granny while the vaccinated were keeping them safe Then sorry I do think you are beyond actual help
I disagree with the government on a lot of things, but when it came to the vaccine program I do believe they did it with the interests of the population at the front and centre. They didn't make all the right decisions but covid was new and some decisions were hastily made.

Cloth masks don’t do anything so anyone still wearing one of those isn’t really a believer at all. I only see people wearing single use ones. My sons pick them up In the park where morons drop them or they fall out of pockets. Where do the disposable ones go? If they’re put in the bin they still go to landfill and guess where that ends up. I didn’t tell anyone they couldn’t wear a mask. I said there are still believers who are muzzled.

Yes I made a follow up comment, that still doesn’t mean I said it, someone else said it. For what it’s worth I agree whole heartedly with what they said 😉
As long as cloth masks are kept clean and handled with clean hands then they do help. They don't make the wearer invincible, but it's literally a barrier in front of their mouth, so as long as they use it in conjunction with keeping distance then it reduces the chance of them passing on viruses if they're infected. If they weren't "a believer" they wouldn't wear one at all, considering most people don't now, so there'd be no shaming from anyone.

The environmental concern is disingenuous in my opinion, unless you never dispose of things that will end up in landfill.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I disagree with the government on a lot of things, but when it came to the vaccine program I do believe they did it with the interests of the population at the front and centre. They didn't make all the right decisions but covid was new and some decisions were hastily made.

As long as cloth masks are kept clean and handled with clean hands then they do help. They don't make the wearer invincible, but it's literally a barrier in front of their mouth, so as long as they use it in conjunction with keeping distance then it reduces the chance of them passing on viruses if they're infected. If they weren't "a believer" they wouldn't wear one at all, considering most people don't now, so there'd be no shaming from anyone.

The environmental concern is disingenuous in my opinion, unless you never dispose of things that will end up in landfill.
Many experts disagree with you on cloth masks. Be better wearing a Halloween face covering.

Unnecessary clinical waste going to landfill does concern me. Do I send rubbish to landfill, absolutely. That doesn’t make me a hypocrite. It’s all about making small changes to lessen what goes to landfill, one change that everyone could make is stopping using and disposing of facemasks. Leave the clinical waste to the clinicians - they use enough of it. That’s my opinion- you disagree and that is perfectly fine. Wear your muzzle if you wish.

Many experts disagree with you on cloth masks. Be better wearing a Halloween face covering.

Unnecessary clinical waste going to landfill does concern me. Do I send rubbish to landfill, absolutely. That doesn’t make me a hypocrite. It’s all about making small changes to lessen what goes to landfill, one change that everyone could make is stopping using and disposing of facemasks. Leave the clinical waste to the clinicians - they use enough of it. That’s my opinion- you disagree and that is perfectly fine. Wear your muzzle if you wish.
I'm sure they do and other experts disagree with those. The world keeps turning.

The word 'muzzle' is deliberately emotive and exposes your true motivation. I'll leave it there. :)

I'm sure they do and other experts disagree with those. The world keeps turning.

The word 'muzzle' is deliberately emotive and exposes your true motivation. I'll leave it there. :)
It’s really not that deep. Opinions are subjective and if you take them too personally it’s a reflection of only you, not others.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Putting people with covid in care homes while stopping those people in care homes from having visitors or going out in case they got covid. 🤪

Making people wear (useless) masks and obey SD while they themselves didn't when not in front of a camera, including our lovely queen.

Going out as and when they please twisting the rules to suit while keeping us locked up.

Making people have vaccines they didn't need or they would lose their jobs. still making people have vaccines even though it was proved not to be working as they thought..

That brings me to the "we don't think they were tested enough" V "they were fully tested" arguments. I remember you and Pre saying testing was full and conclusive ( not in those exact words) and the vaccines did and do what they were supposed to.... yet now?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Putting people with covid in care homes while stopping those people in care homes from having visitors or going out in case they got covid. 🤪

Making people wear (useless) masks and obey SD while they themselves didn't when not in front of a camera, including our lovely queen.

Going out as and when they please twisting the rules to suit while keeping us locked up.

Making people have vaccines they didn't need or they would lose their jobs. still making people have vaccines even though it was proved not to be working as they thought..

That brings me to the "we don't think they were tested enough" V "they were fully tested" arguments. I remember you and Pre saying testing was full and conclusive ( not in those exact words) and the vaccines did and do what they were supposed to.... yet now?
Yeah, like I say, some decisions weren't the best, but it was hard to know what to do. My Grandma was still alive in 2020 and we couldn't go and see her in her care home. I felt that was right, as I'd have hated to pass something onto her as she was very frail and it would have almost certainly killed her or made her very ill.

I don't buy that we should have had zero restrictions. And I suspect a lot of the people who say we should have just let it rip through the population, would have been equally critical if we had - especially if the death toll had been a lot higher, which it almost certainly would have been.

I think the vaccines did work, and I feel it was right for me to take them. I get you don't think they worked. We're never going to agree there.

Last edited:
Indeed. You said it a lot more succinctly than I did. 😂

Same with people who give stick to those who still wear masks in crowded places. They're harming no one, so if it makes them feel safe, what's the issue?

If it wasn't OK to give stick to those who chose not to wear masks in the pandemic, then it's not OK to give stick to those who still choose to wear face coverings. After all, aren't most of us libertarians - i.e. make your own choice for you and don't give others grief for their choices? It'd be nice if so.
That’s the bit I don’t get. It’s their body, their choice if they want to get the vaccine or continue wearing a mask. Getting the vaccine does not make you stubborn, delusional or you’re sticking your head in the sand. Similarly, those who continue to wear masks are not harming anyone - I don’t get the whole ‘muzzling’ name towards them.

I despise the government especially the failure of a leader we have, however I do think certain decisions were necessary and they were decisions that had input from the likes of Van Tam, Vallance and Whitty. I had more trust in them than the government.

That’s the bit I don’t get. It’s their body, their choice if they want to get the vaccine or continue wearing a mask. Getting the vaccine does not make you stubborn, delusional or you’re sticking your head in the sand. Similarly, those who continue to wear masks are not harming anyone - I don’t get the whole ‘muzzling’ name towards them.

I despise the government especially the failure of a leader we have, however I do think certain decisions were necessary and they were decisions that had input from the likes of Van Tam, Vallance and Whitty. I had more trust in them than the government.
I have always maintained if it’s your body then it’s your choice and that choice shouldn’t be taken away from you. Perhaps don’t get faux offended on someone else’s behalf. I am allowed to voice my opinion here that doesn’t mean I believe my opinion should be enforced as a rule of law 🙄.

I have always maintained if it’s your body then it’s your choice and that choice shouldn’t be taken away from you. Perhaps don’t get faux offended on someone else’s behalf. I am allowed to voice my opinion here that doesn’t mean I believe my opinion should be enforced as a rule of law 🙄.
I don’t understand how it works only one way? So name calling is not okay for those that didn’t get the vaccine or didn’t wear masks but it is okay to call people delusional and stubborn and whatever else. Right. 👍🏻

If we go by your logic of ‘I am allowed to voice my opinion’ then people who call others anti vaxxers / anti maskers are just voicing their opinion then and its fine to do so. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I don’t understand how it works only one way? So name calling is not okay for those that didn’t get the vaccine or didn’t wear masks but it is okay to call people delusional and stubborn and whatever else. Right. 👍🏻
I didn’t call anyone either of those things. You’re always a fan of adding context when it suits you. I referenced a conversation I had with my husband - quite obviously not aimed at you or anyone on tattle. If you’re faux offended then that’s on you. Scroll past or mute me if you’re that upset by it.

I didn’t call anyone either of those things. You’re always a fan of adding context when it suits you. I referenced a conversation I had with my husband - quite obviously not aimed at you or anyone on tattle. If you’re faux offended then that’s on you. Scroll past or mute me if you’re that upset by it.
I am generally speaking and having a discussion to try and understand how this works for some. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Once again... I didn't say that, I said..

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Once again... I didn't say that, I said..

You posted a picture of a bird with its head buried in the ground, I took that to mean people have their heads buried in the sand. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.