COVID-19 vaccine #12 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it interesting that you don't seem to apply the same level of scepticism, mistrust and scrutiny to the sources that support your view point on vaccines. Why is that?
Why do you find that interesting? Are these sources being paid to have these views? No, so how is that the same thing. 🥴 a lot of the people that I listen to are putting their jobs on the line to speak out about vaccines, it’s actually the opposite of what you have just said. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I mean, you have to hand it to them, it's very clever what they've done - label it FACT(anything) and the everyday person will accept that and assume it must be true 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

Why do you find that interesting? Are these sources being paid to have these views? No, so how is that the same thing. 🥴 a lot of the people that I listen to are putting their jobs on the line to speak out about vaccines, it’s actually the opposite of what you have just said. 🤣
I find it interesting as it is hypocritical of you. If you don't apply the same logic to both sides then bias will inevitably be present.

Reactions: 4
I mean, you have to hand it to them, it's very clever what they've done - label it FACT(anything) and the everyday person will accept that and assume it must be true 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔
People read things on social media and label that as truth or accurate when they’re not. Things have been posted here such as screenshots taken from twitter or FB with 0 context. A quick search shows they are inaccurate.

People read things on social media and label that as truth or accurate when they’re not. Things have been posted here such as screenshots taken from twitter or FB with 0 context. A quick search shows they are inaccurate.
Yes but lots of people hopefully apply a small amount of intelligence to posts they see on social media.

But they won't apply the same thought process simply because the domain has 'fact' in it - saves having to apply critical thinking doesn't it? The nice kind people at Reuters (who have zero bias and just want you to go on your merry way feeling validated), have laid it all out for them, so why should they question it?

I can't believe that we still go round in circles about this. The only people who are likely to be telling the truth and are worth listening to, are the ones that have no horse in the race.

The reason it goes round in circles is because some people imply there's more fake news on one 'side' than the other.

The fact of the matter is there's a lot of fake crap out there on both sides of the argument. But some people often act like sources that back up their viewpoint are generally more accurate than those that don't.

It's the inconsistent approach.

Reactions: 3
I find it interesting as it is hypocritical of you. If you don't apply the same logic to both sides then bias will inevitably be present.
You don’t seem to have any logic at all? One side is being paid a lot of money and the other isn’t. No offence but you come across as quite slow and it’s frustrating trying to debate with you so I will leave it at that, sorry if you don’t understand what I am trying to say 🙂

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
The reason it goes round in circles is because some people imply there's more fake news on one 'side' than the other.

The fact of the matter is there's a lot of fake crap out there on both sides of the argument. But some people often act like sources that back up their viewpoint are generally more accurate than those that don't.

It's the inconsistent approach.
Just playing devil's advocate, but doesn't 'one side' have much more financial benefits to gain than the other ? For example, billions of dollars in continued vaccine programmes.

Pfizer annual/quarterly gross profit history and growth rate from 2006 to 2021. Gross profit can be defined as the profit a company makes after deducting the variable costs directly associated with making and selling its products or providing its services.
  • Pfizer gross profit for the quarter ending September 30, 2021 was $14.121B, a 70.75% increase year-over-year.
  • Pfizer gross profit for the twelve months ending September 30, 2021 was $45.185B, a 74.32% increase year-over-year.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2020 was $33.216B, a 0.9% increase from 2019.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2019 was $32.921B, a 3.4% increase from 2018.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2018 was $31.838B, a 22.94% decline from 2017.

• Heart
Novavax has been approved in Australia. I wonder if people who did not want the vaccine or are hesitant, would be more comfortable with this one as it protein based. 🤔

Reactions: 1
You don’t seem to have any logic at all? One side is being paid a lot of money and the other isn’t. No offence but you come across as quite slow and it’s frustrating trying to debate with you so I will leave it at that, sorry if you don’t understand what I am trying to say 🙂
You are the outlier in this debate I'm sorry to say Strawberry. Ask yourself why your views are shared by so few people and take a minute to step outside of your echo chamber once in a while too.

Novavax has been approved in Australia. I wonder if people who did not want the vaccine or are hesitant, would be more comfortable with this one as it protein based. 🤔
I'm sure they will be able to find a reason not to like it don't worry about that.

Just playing devil's advocate, but doesn't 'one side' have much more financial benefits to gain than the other ? For example, billions of dollars in continued vaccine programmes.

Pfizer annual/quarterly gross profit history and growth rate from 2006 to 2021. Gross profit can be defined as the profit a company makes after deducting the variable costs directly associated with making and selling its products or providing its services.
  • Pfizer gross profit for the quarter ending September 30, 2021 was $14.121B, a 70.75% increase year-over-year.
  • Pfizer gross profit for the twelve months ending September 30, 2021 was $45.185B, a 74.32% increase year-over-year.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2020 was $33.216B, a 0.9% increase from 2019.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2019 was $32.921B, a 3.4% increase from 2018.
  • Pfizer annual gross profit for 2018 was $31.838B, a 22.94% decline from 2017.
The whole thing is based on one assumption, though -- i.e. that Pfizer only cares about money. Now of course almost any business' prime goal is to make money for the simple fact that no business is viable if it continues to make a loss.

However, that said, not all businesses (even large ones) want to make a profit at the expense of everything else. It's an assumption to assume otherwise.

And I'm sure you know what they say about assuming things...

(Before someone accuses me of owning Pfizer shares, I can confirm I have no shares or any connection to Pfizer. I didn't even have the Pfizer vaccines. :D )

• Haha
The whole thing is based on one assumption, though -- i.e. that Pfizer only cares about money. Now of course almost any business' prime goal is to make money for the simple fact that no business is viable if it continues to make a loss.

However, that said, not all businesses (even large ones) want to make a profit at the expense of everything else. It's an assumption to assume otherwise.

And I'm sure you know what they say about assuming things...

(Before someone accuses me of owning Pfizer shares, I can confirm I have no shares or any connection to Pfizer. I didn't even have the Pfizer vaccines. :D )
I appreciate you trying, but

• Haha
Well, if that's the only response you can muster...
No, I'm sorry you're right, I'm being facetious.

Of course the billions of dollars annual profit is just a by-product of them saving the world and caring about everybody's health.

Reactions: 8
Well, if that's the only response you can muster...
I'd take it as a compliment to be honest if that's the best they're coming up with. Come on, at least give us a random twitter screenshot of a quote that's been taken completely out of context!

• Haha
I'd take it as a compliment to be honest if that's the best they're coming up with. Come on, at least give us a random twitter screenshot of a quote that's been taken completely out of context!
It's OK poppet, not sure you'd remember but I actually gave you evidence and links for a silly question you asked in another thread, which you ignored because you couldn't come up with a reasonable response. I'm sure I can find a cutesy screenshot that will fit the lovely little echo chamber you have if you like?

It's OK poppet, not sure you'd remember but I actually gave you evidence and links for a silly question you asked in another thread, which you ignored because you couldn't come up with a reasonable response. I'm sure I can find a cutesy screenshot that will fit the lovely little echo chamber you have if you like?
Yeah if you wouldn't mind. Could you make it as far away from the mainstream accepted view as possible please I think it will give it more credibility. Perhaps something about the moon landings being fake or something like that?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No, I'm sorry you're right, I'm being facetious.

Of course the billions of dollars annual profit is just a by-product of them saving the world and caring about everybody's health.
Apology accepted.

And I didn't say their profit was a by-product of saving the world. I literally said profit is essential for running a business. I just don't think the majority of people who train for a career in pharmaceuticals do so just to make money. I guess I'm not as cynical as you.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.