COVID-19 vaccine #12 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you ever asked yourself why earth flatteners are keeping on with their youtube videos, their conferences and all activities related to it? Because it brings money. It's a business.

It can be applied as well to some anti-vaxxers campaigners. Since the beginning of the pandemic I have seen so many pills and other treatments being sold to boost the immunity or to take when sick of covid. Those products are often barely regulated. It's a business, like the money generated by the audience on youtube and other platforms. It's not some pure altruism. If then people prefer to listen to those people, to crowfund them or buy products they are selling, that's their choice. But I find mad to not see it. The wellness business generally speaking is a booming business and covid, anxiety caused by the pandemic and lockdowns are being used by some influencers or guru to make some money out of it.

You'll say I prefer to get vaccinated and take advices on covid from scientists that are also making money out of it. That's right. But I give more trust to trained doctors and scientists than some random dude on youtube. That's my point of view.

Btw I take some vitamin D since years - but it's the one I got prescribed by my doctor, not some random vitamin D sold online. You'll be amazed if you dig a bit in the business of food complements - not regulated as not considered as medicaments - by the sheer amount of products being wrongly dosed or questionnable in term of composition or ineffective on the market.

I am not dismissing alternative medicine. I find great they have been integrated in today's healthcare. I do think they can be great in some cases and I am a proponent of using the minimum of medicaments when possible. But as with big pharma, there is also some drifts unfortunately.

Lastly it has been demonstrated that some extreme political movements are using the pandemic to attract people around the doubts generated by the pandemic and the mess created by politicians in power. Then some extreme views are exposed to their new audience. They also benefit from the current chaos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I love it when people compare not having the covid vaccine to being a flat earther because it makes them look absolutely ridiculous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Did you ever asked yourself why earth flatteners are keeping on with their youtube videos, their conferences and all activities related to it? Because it brings money. It's a business.

It can be applied as well to some anti-vaxxers campaigners. Since the beginning of the pandemic I have seen so many pills and other treatments being sold to boost the immunity or to take when sick of covid. Those products are often barely regulated. It's a business, like the money generated by the audience on youtube and other platforms. It's not some pure altruism. If then people prefer to listen to those people, to crowfund them or buy products they are selling, that's their choice. But I find mad to not see it. The wellness business generally speaking is a booming business and covid, anxiety caused by the pandemic and lockdowns are being used by some influencers or guru to make some money out of it.

You'll say I prefer to get vaccinated and take advices on covid from scientists that are also making money out of it. That's right. But I give more trust to trained doctors and scientists than some random dude on youtube. That's my point of view.

Btw I take some vitamin D since years - but it's the one I got prescribed by my doctor, not some random vitamin D sold online. You'll be amazed if you dig a bit in the business of food complements - not regulated as not considered as medicaments - by the sheer amount of products being wrongly dosed or questionnable in term of composition or ineffective on the market.

I am not dismissing alternative medicine. I find great they have been integrated in today's healthcare. I do think they can be great in some cases and I am a proponent of using the minimum of medicaments when possible. But as with big pharma, there is also some drifts unfortunately.

Lastly it has been demonstrated that some extreme political movements are using the pandemic to attract people around the doubts generated by the pandemic and the mess created by politicians in power. Then some extreme views are exposed to their new audience. They also benefit from the current chaos.
Very good points you make. Especially regarding the people who push alternative medicine/selling things that have not been approved. This industry makes millions, as well as their talks, wellness retreats and whatever else they like to market.

Reactions: 8
Very good points you make. Especially regarding the people who push alternative medicine/selling things that have not been approved. This industry makes millions, as well as their talks, wellness retreats and whatever else they like to market.
'Alternative' medicine makes me laugh. If whatever it was actually worked to treat what ever it claimed to treat it wouldn't be called Alternative medicine it would just be called medicine.

Reactions: 3
'Alternative' medicine makes me laugh. If whatever it was actually worked to treat what ever it claimed to treat it wouldn't be called Alternative medicine it would just be called medicine.
Some alt medicine does not have scientific or valid studies to show that it works or is effective. This isn’t to say all of it should be written of but it is questionable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I can see why people might think it's a vast majority if they only read threads like this one and are selective about who they follow on social media.
Indeed, echo chambers are an unfortunate consequence of the social media age.

Reactions: 4
The numbers are are dropping rapidly with each vaccine, why have millions only get 1 and no more? Why have millions had 2 and not getting a third? If we follow this pattern with a 4th the % will significantly drop further.
2F00A8A0-B551-4A80-A3FF-34CC02976217.jpeg

Reactions: 6
The numbers are are dropping rapidly with each vaccine, why have millions only get 1 and no more? Why have millions had 2 and not getting a third? If we follow this pattern with a 4th the % will significantly drop further. View attachment 1008138
We could look at it from another angle - first doses were given over a year ago, followed by second doses. Boosters were only rolled out autumn/winter of 2021 so obviously there will be less given.

Reactions: 2
We could look at it from another angle - first doses were given over a year ago, followed by second doses. Boosters were only rolled out autumn/winter of 2021 so obviously there will be less given.
Ok, will happily revisit these statistics in a few months and see how much they change. Will be interesting to see take up for the 4th jab also.

Ok, will happily revisit these statistics in a few months and see how much they change. Will be interesting to see take up for the 4th jab also.
I think the number of boosters given/uptake is pretty good when they only starting rolling them out a few months ago. Me when they start rolling out the 4th…🤪

Reactions: 1
I can't see people keeping coming forward for boosters now the pandemic is essentially over

I’ve gotten covid again. As you all know I am unvaccinated and pro choice. I feel like tit. Worse then the first time (delta). So natural immunity does wane, because this is around the 6 month mark, or omicron does evade it. But to put it into perspective, vaccinated people are also catching it. I picked it up at work. Wish me luck guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve gotten covid again. As you all know I am unvaccinated and pro choice. I feel like tit. Worse then the first time (delta). So natural immunity does wane, because this is around the 6 month mark, or omicron does evade it. But to put it into perspective, vaccinated people are also catching it. I picked it up at work. Wish me luck guys.
The issue is those Covid tests have an extremely high false positive rate so there may be a chance that you might not have had it twice. Not saying you haven't had it twice but it's impossible to know for sure. Anyway I hope you feel better soon. I've caught my sons bug this week so feel your pain 😭.

• Heart
Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The issue is those Covid tests have an extremely high false positive rate so there may be a chance that you might not have had it twice. Not saying you haven't had it twice but it's impossible to know for sure. Anyway I hope you feel better soon. I've caught my sons bug this week so feel your pain 😭.
It was covid first time around, I had the classic loss of taste and smell. the loss of smell still effected me to this day. Certain things smell of smoke now or cat piss 🤣
This variant is on my chest already.
my vaccinated colleagues are off with it too though so the vaccine didn’t seem to make a difference or the boosters.
I am Just going to be honest about this experince, without agenda, because I believe in Freedom of choice and exercised my right to decline it. But if that feels like the wrong choice I will be honest!
I am Just hoping that as a reinfection of covid it will be milder?

• Heart
It was covid first time around, I had the classic loss of taste and smell. the loss of smell still effected me to this day. Certain things smell of smoke now or cat piss 🤣
This variant is on my chest already.
my vaccinated colleagues are off with it too though so the vaccine didn’t seem to make a difference or the boosters.
Yeah it seems omicron evades the vaccine immunity so vaxx mandates and passports are completely pointless. Hope you feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry you’ve got it again and so soon after the first time. Hope you get well very soon. Take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.