Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Herd immunity was always one of the ways of getting through it. But to get there without vaccines and restrictions would have meant many, many more thousands dying who didn't have to. Would you have been ok with this?
Herd immunity has not ‘always’ been one of the ways of getting through it. Restrictions should have never happened, lockdowns didn’t work and anyone that claims they saved lives cannot prove that it any way. Lockdowns caused more disruption to our lives than covid has, many will not recover financially or mentally for years after the affects of lockdown. Are you ok with this?

Why do people get angry and defensive about things like vaccine passports being scrapped, vaccines being pulled, covid being endemic and life possibly heading back to normal?

It’s like some people never want this to end and want to live in a covid world where you get vaccinated every 3 months and need to show a pass to go about your day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

VoodooChile

I agree that most people do only care about themselves. Sadly that is a reflection of our society. People are free to do whatever they like but as long as they're willing to deal with the consequences of their choices.
The thing is, people have different opinions and viewpoints. I think you’ve been brainwashed, but I’m sure you’d disagree. You think people refusing the jab are selfish, but that’s a totally subjective point of view and others won‘t see it that way because having the jab, which isn’t actually a vaccine but a therapeutic treatment, does not stop transmission. This is a scientifically proven fact. You choose not to believe that, that’s your choice.

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Long Covid is being studied and tests are done. It is real.
Without wanting to sound rude.. but are you serious saying that! If I hadn't laughed, I'd have shouted at my phone! My words actually left me when I read that!

Remember the yellow card system? That's for monitoring adverse effects, so they can be investigated.
Remember cardiologists? They're investigating myocarditis and pericarditis and thrombosis due to vaccines.
Remember GP's? They're advocating people recording on Yellow Card so things are investigated.

Problem is, these investigations won't make top headlines, because they'll slow uptake to the vaccine.

Where long covid has its advantage is that if we immediately pump millions into investigating it, and make it a thing, then it promotes vaccine uptake.

Why should long covid be a thing when what are serious side effects for some are ignored?

Why is someone's sense of smell more important to protect than a woman who's TTC and not had a proper cycle since her vaccine?

Mbouzer

What's the overall agenda behind the alleged mainstream media and government lies though? What are they getting out of all this?
Read the conspiracy thread or ‘do your own research’ 😉
'Mainstream media', 'big pharma'. They sound like buzzwords and cliches. Maybe we can throw in words and phrases like 'Magna Carta' and 'do your own research' while we're at it?
Kinda like ‘misinformation’ or ‘anti vaxxers’ or ‘trust the science’ or ‘get boosted now’ or ‘dont kill granny’ etc etc 🥴

• Haha

barmcake

They don't take into account that every body is different. We all have different genetic and cultural traits. Even if everyone got this jab, some would be fit and healthy and others would have endless health problems. I have never had the flu jab because I last had flu in 1987, my brother has it every year but still gets a dose of flu every year and any infection that's doing the rounds. Like the old lady who smokes 100 cigs a day and lives to 94 and the fitness fanatic who snuffed it young.

If you can't give peanut butter to each and every child because some kids will have severe reactions how can they get away with this?

Maybe this will be the hill some normally compliant parents will refuse.
So true.

Thank you. Loved this, it’s disgusting how we were encouraged to clap and are now sacking them. Like I mentioned I’m a previous post, there is a covid outbreak in a local care home caused by a member of staff. A vaccinated member of staff. It is tyranny.
Bet he hasn't even seen 4000 people in the last 12 months, other than to jab them.
Have also been told that doctors are in such a hurry to earn money, they are failing to aspirate when injecting, which could lead to blood clots. Anyway, I think the whole rotten show's beginning to crumble. The Gov are backing down from endless Boosters and maybe towards preventative tablets.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Poddular

VIP Member
As someone who was at school in the late 60s/70s and single vaccines where around I didn't need the measles one as I had had measles and we all had to have a test before our TB vaccine, I'm sure that this checked for immunity or for a reaction.
People are hysterical 🙃

monga

VIP Member
The thing that tickled me is he's an anaesthetist yet touched the middle of his mask while talking. :) Surely he should know better than most that it's unsanitary to handle a mask in that way.
He wasn't in theatre I'm sure his hands are extra clean

monga

VIP Member
Patients don't have a choice whether they require hospital treatment or not though do they, they get ill and need treatment. They shouldn't have their health put at further detriment because some of the staff are afraid of having the vaccine.

So, now you know more about the vaccine are you leaning towards having it or would you say you are even further away from having it?
Fully vaccinated staff still pass it on what part of this do you not understand ,the vaccines don't stop transmission

• Heart

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
Hi thank you but i follow them already on social media. Interested in knowing what other peoples experiences have been too

Im 99% certain i dont but also cannot afford to lose my job. I rely on my income/have struggled financially this year so feel they're putting us in a horrible situation as dont want to wait too long and end up getting the sack and if they follow through we'd need the first one in next few weeks ☹ Going to try hold out til as late as i can.
Don't leave of your free will, if you don't want the vaccine hold out. My daughter is NHS and is going through the same as you.

I'm led to believe that if you decline the vaccine and they are going through with the mandate they have to follow a disciplinary procedure.

There are many people with you ❤ my daughters ward are nearly all against mandatory vaccines even though they are vaccinated themselves.

• Heart

HaggisInMyBin

Chatty Member
Can anyone else pinpoint the time when they decided not to or to have the vaccine?

I decided before it was even launched, it was when they were on the countdown to it being a breakthrough vaccine. There and then I said to my husband I'm not having any vaccine. I'm on immunosuppressants and for me there isn't enough research on reactions to other drugs, there can't possibly be with the length of time it's been available.

My decision was only enhanced when the info came out about it only reducing symptoms and you still being able to pass it on. I'd not had Covid at this point either.

We don't watch the news, we barely watched the press conferences. I couldn't even tell you about the vaccine programme and the types you can have with or without the other. I don't feel the need to know as I won't be having them.

I haven’t been locked in a room on the deep dark web trawling for conspiracy theories as some people assume!

My husband doesn't want it either and that is the right decision for us 🙂
Late to this ‘party’ but happy to answer.

I decided not to have it ‘in the near future’ before it was even announced as being in trials. I don’t know why but I knew as soon as they mentioned it I had a gut feeling it wasn’t going to be limited to the elderly and vulnerable. At that point in time I watched BBC news. We tuned in to all the briefings and announcements. We were scared. I’m early 40’s but was offered it earlier than the rest of my age group due to a preexisting condition. I declined. Repeatedly. And I still am.

We followed all the guidelines. My kids could’ve got a school place due to having a key-worker step parent but instead I quit my job to keep them home and not take up spaces from others (I recognise I was incredibly fortunate to be in the position to do that). We saw no one. Our shopping was delivered. We didn’t even visit my elderly FIL as my MIL was languishing in hospital.

Pre Covid I was probably as far away from what anyone would class as a CT. My job involved taking data from various sources, analysing it, recognising where my company had f’d up and would be penalised, and tweaking charts and graphs so it was presented in a way that our clients wouldn’t notice and penalties would be minimised. I probably love Excel more than I love people. It just didn’t stack up to me. It still doesn’t.

My husband turned 50 after the roll out (and after I’d been offered it) and he booked in as soon as he could.

My 12 year old son hasn’t had it. Neither me (unvaccinated), his father (vaccinated) or my husband (vaccinated) wish for him to have it. Nor does he himself. My 10 year old won’t be having it either.

It's unpalatable, I agree but sadly I am of the view that it is necessary. If people aren't prepared to make the smallest of sacrifices of taking a vaccine to protect the most vulnerable people in their care...
Were you clapping for those same people in 2020 when they were caring for the most vulnerable under crap conditions and at the detriment of their own well-being?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Was in Tesco today. Got talking to someone I kind of knew and asked me advice something I'm familiar with. He needed to buy something for his wife who had a stroke a few months back after the vaccine 😩
He had a mask on and was obviously saddened and said they knew it was a possibility but didn't think it would happen to them. He knew that was the cause though.
I really felt bad for them.he's taking her on a break away from home and buying said item once they're there. Felt a bit strange that it was someone I kind of know. He said she's strong willed and she's determined to be fighting fit again.

• Sad
  • Heart
I'd say obesity is a fairly big one with long lasting and enormously costly impacts for the NHS.
Aids too, that's might even still be an epidemic.

Indeed suicide is awful and the number of people taking their own lives (especially young men) is tragic. But if I came to you with a solution that would greatly reduce or eliminate these suicides would you reject it like some on here reject the Covid vaccine?
If you wanted me to put my health and life at risk, even a tinnie tiny risk, to reduce suicide. No I wouldnt do it.

It's not my job to keep strangers healthy. It's also not my job to protect the NHS. Call me selfish if you want, I don't give shit. There's no awards or special place in heaven for those dying of the covid vax is there.

• Sick

Slothgang

Chatty Member
Question. Are you all avoiding mixing indoors with others right now? Advice in Wales is work from home so my husband is and we don’t go anywhere unless we have to right now.
Personally, my house is carrying on with normal life. We have been mixing with friends and family and going out. Anyone that has felt ill has stayed away anyway until they have felt better. Nobody close to me has covid but a lot of people have a nasty bug.

Channy86

In October I woke up one day with severe pain in my left side ,it got worse until I couldnt move, 111 took 12hrs to call bk &a ambulance was 4+hrs wait,got taxi to a&e after a long wait was told I had a blood clot the size of a sideplate in my tummy, had emergency op to remove it, was told I woulda died in next 48hrs if I didn't go hospital . I often wonder was this cos of the 1 vaccine I had (in Feb) never followed up the vaccines as became ill after it&lost a stone in weight due to completely losing appetite for 6wks 🥴

• Sad
  • Heart

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
You can no longer see this tweet because another account(s) has been suspended 😐

The censorship is so out of hand now. I see YouTube have removed some of Joe Rogan’s interviews too. Only state approved thinking allowed.

• Angry
  • Sad

AutumnSpring

Thank you all for your responses. Phoned 111 who put me through to a local clinical team. They advised to take ibuprofen and see how I feel today. It has gone away overnight & dr Google says it might be inflamed lungs touching the ribcage 🤷🏼‍♀️ HR has also come down significantly and I actually managed to get a decent sleep. Day 3, here we go 🤞🏼

begaphobia

I saw a quote recently that said, “they’re not conspiracy theories - they’re spoiler alerts!” And unfortunately that’s how it feels.

What gets me is, pre-vaccine, every reported death was “dies of Covid” and we all know they measured someone as dying from Covid was anyone who had a positive test and died within 28 days. Thus I could’ve had Covid, recovered, and a week later got hit by a bus and be marked as a “Covid death” (PS not interested in any debate on this, it was marked in small but clear writing on all news channels that this is how they measured Covid deaths - it’s fact).

But now, post-vaccine, not one remark in the news of how the vaccine “may” have caused someone’s death. Just “died suddenly”. I’ve never personally known so many young people or fit footballers who have “died suddenly” in my life. And that’s not mention the strangers who’s deaths are reported as “died suddenly” on the news/social media. It’s disgraceful and very very scary.

Reactions: 15