Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ensay

VIP Member
I always thought a booster was another dose. No one ever told me it was a different vaccine anyway.

I also had 2 x Oxford vaccines and I'm still alive!

@Prefrontalmedialcortex Thankyou for replying. I shall watch and read later.

Interested to hear more opinions.
I went back a few threads and found this I had posted regarding absolute risk reduction and relevant risk reduction and relates to that video in my post above.

———————————————————————
RRR tells us how much the risk of infection is “reduced in the test vaccine group, compared to a control group who did not receive the test vaccine.” The RRR, or efficacy, tells us "how well the vaccine protects clinical trial participants from getting sick or getting very sick.”

This is what is usually presented as vaccine efficacy. For Pfizer BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine this is 95%, for Moderna’s 94.1%, and 66.3% for the J&J/Janssen vaccine.

The Absolute Risk Reduction (ARR) is the arithmetic difference between event rates (the percentage of people who, for example, got infected) within the two groups.

An example which explains it well which is also used in the video I posted above:

“Let’s say a study enrolled 20,000 patients into the control group and 20,000 in the vaccine group. In that study, 200 people in the control group got sick and 0 people in the vaccine group got sick. Even though the vaccine efficacy would be a whopping 100%, the ARR would show that vaccines reduce the absolute risk by just 1% (200/20,000= 1%). For the ARR to increase to 20% in our example study with a vaccine with 100% efficacy, 4,000 of the 20,000 people in the control group would have to get sick (4,000/20,000= 20%).”

But how many got it ? from what I remember very little and the full rollout wasn't advised till they gathered data from the US which I believe was around March .
I don’t know exact numbers but there will be a minority that did receive the vaccine at the start of the year.

monga

VIP Member
Yes that is correct. I’m sure I’ve also read that they have used AZ as 3rd dose for those who had it 1st and 2nd, don’t think this was in the UK.

They still work against the variants that have since emerged although we know the mutations can evade.
New ones needed, they’re not sustainable

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
It's not 'a theory' my daughter works on a ward where most of their covid patients have caught while already there.

What are the annual death figures? Example according to ons.gov the month of November 2021 the leading cause of death was Alzheimers, Covid was the third.
I believe the 2020 figures (so pre-vaccines which have reduced deaths significantly) were at record highs.

panache

Chatty Member
A poster earlier today made a comment that posters had told her she was wrong regarding the vaccine and effects of it. Why are you not asking this poster to ‘show evidence’ of their claims?

Why are you so fixated on my comment. Go through the threads yourself.

I'm in this conversation so let's focus on that

Still waiting...

ChineseAlan

VIP Member
My son travels back tomorrow from his holiday. He’s done his pcr there so he’s ok to fly back, once home he’s isolating at his friends who he went with, doing a day 2 pcr then he’s free to stop isolating if not positive. I’m just a tad worried if it’s too soon to let him back home, surely day 2 is too soon for a pcr to pick up covid? He flies into Manchester tomorrow afternoon and private pcr is Friday so he’s hoping to be back home Saturday.

monga

VIP Member
How? Taking the vaccine is the easy choice. Its the default, we are tje ones who are being vilified for the majority of

My problem with that study was what are they classing as unvaccinated? Are the women still classed as unvaccinated until 14 days post vaccine? Major flaw as if a woman received her vaccine then two days later suffered a stillbirth she wouldn’t be classed as vaccinated yet?
14 days post 2nd vaccine is classed a fully vaccinated

0C33A86B-0BBE-484B-9395-0EF12781454D.jpeg

Onetwofour

VIP Member
For the record, I'm not saying long covid doesn't exist, but I find it very interesting though that serious reactions after vaccines are deemed by some as 'coincidence' but any after affects from Covid are taken deadly seriously.

Make it make sense!
That's not true - it is known that myocarditis is a side effect from vaccines. No one denies it. But it has been studied and the chance of developping a myocarditis in teenagers between 10 and 19 after catching covid is higher than after the vaccine. The number of myocarditis in teenagers increased in 2020 - before they received any vaccine. But then it's a personal choice - I don't think anyone should be forced to be vaccinated.

Since evidences have been gathered about myocarditis after the vaccine, advices have been given on how to recognize the symptoms and check immediately with a doctor. Myocarditis normally don't have lomg term effects.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
View attachment 992772

Second a paper linking the vaccine and prion diseases. Obviously not peer reviewed or from a scientist who has been discreted or something.

Also important to note that prion diseases can take YEARS to build up. Vaccines have only been out for less then 3 years.

Some reviewers do not seem overly complimentary of this paper - have not read their stuff yet though also noting (in the same vein as opinion vs correction) that commentary by peers is not the same as peer review... just a quick glance at everything first before a closer look.

Interesting implicit warning in the abstract though about how too much zinc in one's body can play a role in prion formation.
Though like I said, not read the full thing as yet so it's possible the author meant something else entirely.
+/- whether or not I fully grasp what he's trying to say

Not really Covid-19 vaccine related but still vaccine related. I just had the flu vaccine at my local Boots pharmacy and saw a leaflet for a pneumonia vaccine - didn’t know there was one for pneumonia. It costs £70 and is a one off.
My mum gets it because she had pneumonia. It's also in the baby vaccine schedule now which to be honest is unnecessary and they're now having too many at once.

I've had three pre schoolers all 2 years apart and it's been more vaccinations each time . My youngest had so many at 12 months he was suffering effects from them for 2 weeks.