COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not all CEV being offered a 4th dose only immunocompromised as they count 3 as a primary dose for those people.
I thought the gap was smaller for 3rd primary does.
I really wish they'd stop trying to give jab 1,2,3,4 and probably number jab 67 at this rate, fancy names.
They're all exactly the same dose, unless you had Moderna as a booster, then thats a slightly different dose I believe.
Other than that, they're all identical doses and all are still made for the Wuhan strain.

You've had 3 vaccines and that's that
Yea she's had phizer so all the same wether it's third primary or booster. She had covid after her initial ones
A booster is different to a 3rd dose.

A third primary dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is being offered to people with a severely weakened immune system. This third primary dose is an extra ‘top-up’ dose to help increase the level of protection for people who may not have generated a full immune response to the first two doses and might be less protected than the wider population.

A third primary dose is different from a booster dose. A booster dose is an additional dose to extend the duration of protection from previous doses.

Hope you get well soon and symptoms remain mild!
Pfizer is no different, moderna is half the first dose

Attachments

Reactions: 5
What I am reading says boosters are not the same as 3rd dose.

Moderna have different ml. 3rd dose is 0.5ml and booster is 0.25ml.

Each primary series dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is 0.5 mL.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is administered as a primary series of two doses (0.5 mL each)
1 month apart to individuals 18 years of age or older.

A third primary series dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (0.5 mL) at least 1 month following the second dose is authorized for administration to individuals at least 18 years of age who have undergone solid organ transplantation, or who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.

Booster Dose:
The booster dose of the Moderna COVID-19
Vaccine is 0.25 mL.
A single Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine booster dose (0.25 mL) may be administered at least 5 months after completing a primary series of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to individuals 18 years of age or older.
A single booster dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (0.25 mL) may be administered to individuals 18 years of age and older as a heterologous booster dose following completion of primary vaccination with another authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. The dosing interval for the heterologous booster dose is the same as that authorized for a booster dose of the vaccine used for primary vaccination.
In my original post I did say that Moderna was the exception

Obviously children's doses are different to adults - that goes without saying

If you have Pfizer or AZ the doses are the same no matter if you're on the 1st or 50th jab as it stands

Reactions: 10
I thought the gap was smaller for 3rd primary does.
Yea she's had phizer so all the same wether it's third primary or booster. She had covid after her initial ones
Pfizer is no different, moderna is half the first dose
I’m not sure when the 3rd primary dose was approved? But most CEV would’ve had their second dose by April at the latest.

Reactions: 3

If you have Pfizer or AZ the doses are the same no matter if you're on the 1st or 50th jab as it stands
Sorry I missed that. Everywhere I’ve read they say booster is not the same as 3rd dose. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sorry I missed that. Everywhere I’ve read they say booster is not the same as 3rd dose. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's just clever wording, and yet another confirmation that no one uses getting proper informed consent.
If it were then everyone would know about this, but the wording leads people to believe that their getting some miracle medicine and dosage.

Let's also remember that you can choose what you get after your first 2 jabs.
You're being lead to believe that if you accept a 3rd Pfizer that it's different.
If you take Moderna then you're not being told that its a different dose.

No one is also being openly told at the point of vaccination that no matter what your take that it is still for the Wuhan strain - therefore leading people to believe that the next jab will protect them against the latest variant.

When you've heard people like me screaming about informed consent, this is one of the very many reasons why

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Wait so it's just a 'marketing ploy' to badge it as a booster because presumably people might be less likely to be sold on the idea of a 3rd jab?

And you wouldn't necessarily know which one they had available on the day, so you couldn't assume I've had 2 moderna so my booster is definitely half dose.

But online they are using clever wording to try & sell it that the booster is different to dose 1 & 2?!

I don't know why I'm surprised. This is madness, honestly 🤯

Reactions: 11
I thought the whole purpose of the second gen vaccines were to target the NV ! apparently the current ones won’t hold up much longer, they want something more long lasting and sustainable.

Wait so it's just a 'marketing ploy' to badge it as a booster because presumably people might be less likely to be sold on the idea of a 3rd jab?

And you wouldn't necessarily know which one they had available on the day, so you couldn't assume I've had 2 moderna so my booster is definitely half dose.

But online they are using clever wording to try & sell it that the booster is different to dose 1 & 2?!

I don't know why I'm surprised. This is madness, honestly 🤯
Well if you knew that you had taken the exact same medication 3 times for a different variant would you have taken it, thought about it, or refused it?

I think your decision answers the question?

You get told at the vaccine center what's available, and I was given choice, told what the vaccine was for and talked through every single side effect openly. I can honestly say that when I went back I had 100% informed consent - but who else can say they did?

Reactions: 9
It's just clever wording, and yet another confirmation that no one uses getting proper informed consent.
If it were then everyone would know about this, but the wording leads people to believe that their getting some miracle medicine and dosage.

Let's also remember that you can choose what you get after your first 2 jabs.
You're being lead to believe that if you accept a 3rd Pfizer that it's different.
If you take Moderna then you're not being told that its a different dose.

No one is also being openly told at the point of vaccination that no matter what your take that it is still for the Wuhan strain - therefore leading people to believe that the next jab will protect them against the latest variant.

When you've heard people like me screaming about informed consent, this is one of the very many reasons why
It has and does offer protection against Delta as well as Omicron. That is evident in the numbers and hospitalisations now vs peaks before the vaccine rollout.

Reactions: 1
All of them were still developed from the original strain and not the mutants.

Reactions: 2
On the other hand (in the UK at least), people who had their two doses of the AZ were offered a booster of Moderna or Pfizer, unless for whatever reason they couldn't have either of those.
Yes that is correct. I’m sure I’ve also read that they have used AZ as 3rd dose for those who had it 1st and 2nd, don’t think this was in the UK.

All of them were still developed from the original strain and not the mutants.
They still work against the variants that have since emerged although we know the mutations can evade.

Reactions: 1
Yes that is correct. I’m sure I’ve also read that they have used AZ as 3rd dose for those who had it 1st and 2nd, don’t think this was in the UK.

They still work against the variants that have since emerged although we know the mutations can evade.
New ones needed, they’re not sustainable

It has and does offer protection against Delta as well as Omicron. That is evident in the numbers and hospitalisations now vs peaks before the vaccine rollout.
I didn't say they didn't. They offer 'some' protection yes.

Enough to introduce vaccine mandates? Absolutely not

Are they different and worth using fancy names for?
No

Reactions: 8
Well if you knew that you had taken the exact same medication 3 times for a different variant would you have taken it, thought about it, or refused it?

I think your decision answers the question?

You get told at the vaccine center what's available, and I was given choice, told what the vaccine was for and talked through every single side effect openly. I can honestly say that when I went back I had 100% informed consent - but who else can say they did?
Me and if I had my time over I'd have it again.

Was fully informed of everything, including possible side effects.

I'm sure many here would say I'm stupid or whatever, but as those who don't want the vaccine like to say: my body, my choice.

Reactions: 5

I'm sure many here would say I'm stupid or whatever, but as those who don't want the vaccine like to say: my body, my choice.
I wouldn't call you stupid and have a lot of family members who did the same. You made the best choice for you.

We want the choice without coercion.

Reactions: 10

I would never say that someone is stupid, and I'm glad you felt you were fully informed and are happy with your decision.
The same has to be for everyone though, which unfortunately it isn't

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.