COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'As France prepares for a major change to its health pass system, the health minister has warned that many people could see their pass deactivate on Saturday.

“We count 800,000 people who still need to get a booster dose to hold on to their health pass,” health minister Olivier Véran told a press conference – although he conceded that this figure was “probably overestimated” and “the upper limit”.

On Saturday, January 15th new rules come into force meaning that everyone over the age of 18 who has not received a booster dose within seven months of completing a full Covid vaccination course (a double dose of AstraZeneca/Pfizer/Moderna vaccine) will have their health passes deactivated.
These rules are already in place for people over the age of 65, while those who were vaccinated with the single-dose Janssen vaccine face a two month deadline to receive a booster before their health passes are deactivated.
The health pass is used in France to gain access to a wide range of public venues like restaurants, bars, museums, cinemas and some large outdoor events – excluding political rallies.

February 15th, anyone over 18 will have to receive a booster dose within four months for their pass to remain active.

The French government is also pushing to introduce a vaccine pass which means a negative test result would no longer be accepted as a means to access venues where the health pass is currently applied. Full vaccination with a booster dose will be required to gain entry to these venues.'

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Who checks the fact checkers though?
People on all sides, surely - those checking for errors, those checking it's accurate, those checking that it says what it seems to be saying - anybody who doesn't like blindly taking anything at face value.

For my own use of them, if there's one offering too much of what feels like opinion rather than plain fact I'll pinch their reference and link that rather than the article, even better if it's an actual source not just a summarised report of one.

On the 'quis checks ipsos factcheckores' article, I hadn't heard Dr Bob's fancy psychosis phrase before (or I forgot...) but if it was trending on twitter I'm not particularly surprised that it got spotted by the factchecker radar.

Reactions: 1
People on all sides, surely - those checking for errors, those checking it's accurate, those checking that it says what it seems to be saying - anybody who doesn't like blindly taking anything at face value.

For my own use of them, if there's one offering too much of what feels like opinion rather than plain fact I'll pinch their reference and link that rather than the article, even better if it's an actual source not just a summarised report of one.

On the 'quis checks ipsos factcheckores' article, I hadn't heard Dr Bob's fancy psychosis phrase before (or I forgot...) but if it was trending on twitter I'm not particularly surprised that it got spotted by the factchecker radar.
I would hope that most people that read those sources do their extra due diligence, but it's pretty clear lots don't.

My point really is that we shouldn't assume what we're reading is absolute gospel, just because it appears to come from a source that is deemed 'worthy'. And as you say, it's right to view all sources with a balanced open mind and not take everything at face value.

Reactions: 4
In facebook's latest lawsuit they called their own factchecks " opinions."

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In facebook's latest lawsuit they called their own factchecks " opinions."

Proving my very point above! All the big tech companies are censoring information, lots of us are aware of that, but many aren't. So assume if they only see 1 narrative (the aforementioned echo-chamber), and a constant barrage of mockery of anything that goes against that narrative - which is stated as fact for example, by Fakebook, this is what they may be led to believe is absolute truth.

Reactions: 6
The French government is also pushing to introduce a vaccine pass which means a negative test result would no longer be accepted as a means to access venues where the health pass is currently applied. Full vaccination with a booster dose will be required to gain entry to these venues.'
Statements like this is also why I’m vaccine skeptical, surely it’s better to have confirmed negative people that a room full of vaccinated who could well be positive ?!
Makes no sense until you start thinking it’s just a agenda to push vaccines?

Reactions: 18
If there's one thing the French know how to do well apart from cheese & bread that is to rebel. I'd picture it like this:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Statements like this is also why I’m vaccine skeptical, surely it’s better to have confirmed negative people that a room full of vaccinated who could well be positive ?!
Makes no sense until you start thinking it’s just a agenda to push vaccines?
'Emmanuel Macron has prompted a furore after saying that his government’s vaccination strategy is to “piss off” people who have not had coronavirus jabs by continuing to make daily life more and more difficult for them.

“I am not about pissing off the French people,” the president said in an interview with readers of Le Parisien on Tuesday. “But as for the non-vaccinated, I really want to piss them off. And we will continue to do this, to the end. This is the strategy.”'

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
'Emmanuel Macron has prompted a furore after saying that his government’s vaccination strategy is to “piss off” people who have not had coronavirus jabs by continuing to make daily life more and more difficult for them.

“I am not about pissing off the French people,” the president said in an interview with readers of Le Parisien on Tuesday. “But as for the non-vaccinated, I really want to piss them off. And we will continue to do this, to the end. This is the strategy.”'
Macron truly is the most odious little man! I wish he’d just piss off, roll on the elections!! 😬

I had an absolute mare with my MIL last night and in all the fuss she told me the Dr had been out to her on Wednesday. I thought strange she hadn’t mentioned it before but anyway. So I asked what the Dr was out for. Now my MIL is pretty much house bound and hasn’t been “out out” since before the pandemic.
Anyway the surgery had phoned concerned she hadn’t had her booster! She told them she couldn’t get to the surgery as she struggles getting into a car so Lo and behold the GP came out to administer it!
The same GP who refuse to see patients, are snowed under with calls but had time to drive out and give a booster to a woman who doesn’t leave her house 🤦🏻‍♀️ The £15 would cover his fuel though
GPs can't win, though. On my local news a few weeks back there was a piece that featured some elderly people who wanted the vaccine but couldn't get to any vaccine centres/doctors surgeries without a lot of help, because they were mostly housebound. I guess they wanted the jab due to having carers in and out on a daily basis.

They were saying things like "I want the vaccine and my GP keeps contacting me asking why I haven't had it, but won't do anything to help me get it". I think one was a guy who'd served in the Army so he was complaining that he'd given service to his country and when he wanted something from his country, he got nothing, etc etc etc.

Viewers were annoyed, asking why GPs couldn't do house visits for people like this to administer a vaccine, given it would take very little time.

Then people like you whinge when they do. 😂

Some are never satisfied.

Reactions: 3
If it helps my sons class have had 9 confirmed cases over the past 5 days and all is well 😊
I've had a text everyday this week about pos cases they all sit either to the side or in front of each other .

Macron truly is the most odious little man! I wish he’d just piss off, roll on the elections!! 😬
I bet he's just bitter with still having to knock off that old bird/bloke after all these years 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
GPs can't win, though. On my local news a few weeks back there was a piece that featured some elderly people who wanted the vaccine but couldn't get to any vaccine centres/doctors surgeries without a lot of help, because they were mostly housebound. I guess they wanted the jab due to having carers in and out on a daily basis.

They were saying things like "I want the vaccine and my GP keeps contacting me asking why I haven't had it, but won't do anything to help me get it". I think one was a guy who'd served in the Army so he was complaining that he'd given service to his country and when he wanted something from his country, he got nothing, etc etc etc.

Viewers were annoyed, asking why GPs couldn't do house visits for people like this to administer a vaccine, given it would take very little time.

I think its good that housebound people can access the vaccine via a home visit, it's good that they can adapt and be person centered.

What annoys me and a lot of people is that the very same housebound person has probably been on the phone to the GP because they have many things wrong with them and the GP hadn't bothered to come out then. Instead they'll have received a phone call.
The amount of housebound people that haven't had a basic face to face med check is unreal. Med checks are important because they tend to be on a concoction of tablets and occasionally these clash causing more health problems. Plus observation is better than listening with vulnerable people.

If a Doctor can come out for a vaccine to help someone's health, then they should be coming out for other ailments.

A Doctor doesn't have to administer the vaccine anyway, they could free up their time by getting a qualified volunteer to do it or a nurse... whoever gives it the surgery still get their £30 kick back... then they might actually be able to see people for other health problems either in the surgery or at home

@Freedomofspeech89 I meant to ask the other day, how is your Nanna?

Reactions: 12
'As France prepares for a major change to its health pass system, the health minister has warned that many people could see their pass deactivate on Saturday.

“We count 800,000 people who still need to get a booster dose to hold on to their health pass,” health minister Olivier Véran told a press conference – although he conceded that this figure was “probably overestimated” and “the upper limit”.

On Saturday, January 15th new rules come into force meaning that everyone over the age of 18 who has not received a booster dose within seven months of completing a full Covid vaccination course (a double dose of AstraZeneca/Pfizer/Moderna vaccine) will have their health passes deactivated.
These rules are already in place for people over the age of 65, while those who were vaccinated with the single-dose Janssen vaccine face a two month deadline to receive a booster before their health passes are deactivated.
The health pass is used in France to gain access to a wide range of public venues like restaurants, bars, museums, cinemas and some large outdoor events – excluding political rallies.

February 15th, anyone over 18 will have to receive a booster dose within four months for their pass to remain active.

Is the 7 months from the first dose or the second?

Whinge??? Read my comment again. GPS are refusing to see patients face to face but happy to go to someone’s house to administer the booster. If they can do that then they can see patients face to face

I think its good that housebound people can access the vaccine via a home visit, it's good that they can adapt and be person centered.

What annoys me and a lot of people is that the very same housebound person has probably been on the phone to the GP because they have many things wrong with them and the GP hadn't bothered to come out then. Instead they'll have received a phone call.
The amount of housebound people that haven't had a basic face to face med check is unreal. Med checks are important because they tend to be on a concoction of tablets and occasionally these clash causing more health problems. Plus observation is better than listening with vulnerable people.

If a Doctor can come out for a vaccine to help someone's health, then they should be coming out for other ailments.

A Doctor doesn't have to administer the vaccine anyway, they could free up their time by getting a qualified volunteer to do it or a nurse... whoever gives it the surgery still get their £30 kick back... then they might actually be able to see people for other health problems either in the surgery or at home

@Freedomofspeech89 I meant to ask the other day, how is your Nanna?
Yes this is exactly it! My MIL has been on the phone numerous times over the last 2 years and never been offered a home visit but got one for the booster

Even precovid my London GP aunt would earn £300 per home visit. She's still seeing patients face to face at the moment.

In the US:

NB: VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine.

Vaers reports for menstrual issues and miscarriages:

1642276880676.png

Mortality:

1642276696310.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.