COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd certainly take odds of 99% over 1% yes. People should be free to choose whether to have the vaccine or not. In fact that is exactly what the situation is, nobody is forcing you. However, you should also be prepared to deal with the consequences of your choice which many anti-vaxxers are not prepared to do.
Do you not understand removal of income aka livelihood and job, for not having a vaccine which doesn’t stop transmission, is coercion and not freedom of choice. You are justifying a consequence which feels like forcing people to take A medical procedure, injecting something into their bodies, which they do not want. This is not ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It should not be a race to the bottom. The cancer treatment issue you raise is terrible and should be addressed. I'm sorry to hear you have suffered with cancer by the way, it has affected close members of my family too so you have my support in your battle against it.

You might not be able to get treatment as NHS staff that are unvaccinated won't be available to treat you. I'm not sure what you mean about flu jabs as there are campaigns every year for people to get these.
No it's not cancer, sorry should have put a full stop there.

I have a flu jab (did) but was still worried about people around me, mainly my husband passing it on so I contacted our gp and they said don't worry YOU are vaccinated. He went for it anyway but had to pay. I didn't expect anyone else in the country to have a flu vaccination on my behalf, same as I don't now!

I go into hospital every 8 weeks for an infusion of immunosuppressants, I do not give a monkeys if anyone on that ward hasn't had the vaccination or anyone in the rest of the country.

NHS staff who aren't vaxxed won't be able to treat me because they will have been given the boot. I feel like we go round in circles.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When will the penny finally drop? The vaccine is to protect yourself and only you. Vaccine mandates make 0 sense. Where is your care and compassion for the NHS staff (like me) who do not want to take a medical treatment they don't want or don't need?
Especially at this point in time when omnicron is a mild cold even the mainstream media have pointed that out, so at this stage now the virus has mutated to virtually a sniffle what sense would even getting a vaccine now make? Absolutely none. Why are people hanging on to this pandemic, its over.
It's scary how many people think like you on this point and you're just plain wrong I'm sorry to say. The vaccines do provide a level of protection against transmissibility. Also, if fewer people are getting ill with the disease then there are fewer people passing it on to others and continuing the spread.

The Omicron variant does look milder which is excellent news. However, the virus will mutate again the longer it keeps circulating so there is no guarantee it won't become more deadly again.

I find it hard to have care and compassion for those who fail to show any to their patients and fellow citizens. It's a struggle but I do try to in the end which is why I don't throw insults around and make try to make the discussions I have with people civil.

Do you not understand removal of income aka livelihood and job, for not having a vaccine which doesn’t stop transmission, is coercion and not freedom of choice. You are justifying a consequence which feels like forcing people to take A medical procedure, injecting something into their bodies, which they do not want. This is not ok.
It's unpalatable, I agree but sadly I am of the view that it is necessary. If people aren't prepared to make the smallest of sacrifices of taking a vaccine to protect the most vulnerable people in their care...

Reactions: 3
It's scary how many people think like you on this point and you're just plain wrong I'm sorry to say. The vaccines do provide a level of protection against transmissibility. Also, if fewer people are getting ill with the disease then there are fewer people passing it on to others and continuing the spread.

The Omicron variant does look milder which is excellent news. However, the virus will mutate again the longer it keeps circulating so there is no guarantee it won't become more deadly again.

I find it hard to have care and compassion for those who fail to show any to their patients and fellow citizens. It's a struggle but I do try to in the end which is why I don't throw insults around and make try to make the discussions I have with people civil.
If you want to put your life on hold that's your choice ,don't include everyone in that ,most people want to move on especially those with young families if the next variant comes along so be it ,people have the option of a vaccine .

• Heart
Reactions: 15

But thats not happening in real life is it? Triple and double vaccinated people are spreading it like wildfire, In my team alone we have three triple vaccinated staff off isolating who have all spread it to one another.

But don’t viruses mutate and become less deadly though, I thought that was basic science?

I am a hugely caring and compassionate person so I am told often by patients and my vaccine status has nothing to do with my level of care and compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you want to put your life on hold that's your choice ,don't include everyone in that ,most people want to move on especially those with young families if the next variant comes along so be it ,people have the option of a vaccine .
I agree that most people do only care about themselves. Sadly that is a reflection of our society. People are free to do whatever they like but as long as they're willing to deal with the consequences of their choices.

I agree that most people do only care about themselves. Sadly that is a reflection of our society. People are free to do whatever they like but as long as they're willing to deal with the consequences of their choices.
I only take the vaccine for me ! I don't expect anyone else to be responsible for my health ,the vaccines don't offer sterilising immunity so they're no good to anyone only the person taking them , you'll never stop yourself catching an airborne virus ,there is no consequences.

Reactions: 13
It's unpalatable, I agree but sadly I am of the view that it is necessary. If people aren't prepared to make the smallest of sacrifices of taking a vaccine to protect the most vulnerable people in their care...
How is taking a medical procedure with potential life changing consequences the smallest of sacrifices? For a job that pays pennies? What happens if I become vaccine injured? Will you be compensating me? I think I’m going to end this debate here its going nowhere

• Heart
Reactions: 17
But thats not happening in real life is it? Triple and double vaccinated people are spreading it like wildfire, In my team alone we have three triple vaccinated staff off isolating who have all spread it to one another.

But don’t viruses mutate and become less deadly though, I thought that was basic science?

I am a hugely caring and compassionate person so I am told often by patients and my vaccine status has nothing to do with my level of care and compassion.
Just think how much worse it would have been if we didn't have such high levels of vaccinated people.

I'm no virologist but I have heard that too yes. Although if the price of getting to that point is for more people to die that didn't have to then I don't agree that this is a price worth paying. People seem to be so casually content with people dying for their ability to not wear a mask at the supermarket or for health care workers to take basic preventative measures like having a vaccine. I don't understand it at all, perhaps its the anonymity of it all and an attitude of it doesn't affect me so I don't care?

Not quite how I would word it but more along the lines of Omicron is a highy transmissible variant which can evade vaccines as well as previous infection.

Regarding the behaviour of viruses, it is not basic science that they become less deadly. The nature of them is unpredictable and no one can say for certain what trajectory this pandemic will follow.

Reactions: 4
How is taking a medical procedure with potential life changing consequences the smallest of sacrifices? For a job that pays pennies? What happens if I become vaccine injured? Will you be compensating me? I think I’m going to end this debate here its going nowhere
I understand the fear you feel I do but I'd ask whether you shun and avoid all forms of medicine then as there are similar and even greater risks in plenty of other everyday medicines?

I have to say this has got to be my last reply to you because I feel like you don't have an open mind.

'You're just plain wrong' has cemented this.

My daughter is NHS healthcare, she has just completed an apprenticeship. From day 1 she was thrown in at the deep end and I think it was only day 2 or 3 where she had to attend to her first patient who had passed away. She washes patients who are unable to do it for themselves, feeds them, sits with them when they are alone, helps them dress, shower, use the bathroom, she is grabbed regularly, she was called a slag and a c&nt recently in front of the whole ward. She did all this in her first year she was paid £4 an hour!!!

Please do not tell me that by not having a vaccine that she doesn't care or have compassion I find that so disrespectful. I would rather have her by my side any day of the week in hospital even if she is unvaccinated because I tell you what after all that she enjoys her job and enjoys helping people. These are the kind of people the NHS will lose and they will never go back.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not quite how I would word it but more along the lines of Omicron is a highy transmissible variant which can evade vaccines as well as previous infection.

Regarding the behaviour of viruses, it is not basic science that they become less deadly. The nature of them is unpredictable and no one can say for certain what trajectory this pandemic will follow.
Yeah so no point in mandating vaccines then

Reactions: 11
The thing is, people have different opinions and viewpoints. I think you’ve been brainwashed, but I’m sure you’d disagree. You think people refusing the jab are selfish, but that’s a totally subjective point of view and others won‘t see it that way because having the jab, which isn’t actually a vaccine but a therapeutic treatment, does not stop transmission. This is a scientifically proven fact. You choose not to believe that, that’s your choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

That's true it could go either way ,but the options are the same , you can have a vaccine to possibly protect you ,nothing more.

Reactions: 5
The thing is, people have different opinions and viewpoints. I think you’ve been brainwashed, but I’m sure you’d disagree. You think people refusing the jab are selfish, but that’s a totally subjective point of view and others won‘t see it that way because having the jab, which isn’t actually a vaccine but a therapeutic treatment, does not stop transmission. This is a scientifically proven fact. You choose not to believe that, that’s your choice.
It is a vaccine. Don’t know why you’re calling it a therapeutic treatment.

I think my mind is as open as yours is to my view. We both hold our opinion on it and that's ok I'm not trying to change your mind we're just debating.

I know how great NHS staff, I've experienced it first hand. The way you describe your daughter, she sounds a wonderful person and I'm very grateful to her for working in such a demanding and important job. Having a vaccine is just one other step in that same role and caring attitude she is clearly already displaying. I hope she reconsiders going forward and is not affected by any measures imposed by the government on unvaccinated are workers.

Reactions: 2
I think my mind is as open as yours is to my view. We both hold our opinion on it and that's ok I'm not trying to change your mind we're just debating.

I know how great NHS staff, I've experienced it first hand. The way you describe your daughter, she sounds a wonderful person and I'm very grateful to her for working in such a demanding and important job. Having a vaccine is just one other step in that same role and caring attitude she is clearly already displaying. I hope she reconsiders going forward and is not affected by any measures imposed by the government on unvaccinated are workers.
It's only England applying these mandates so do you think the governments / CMO's of the other nations are CT'ers ?

I'd ask you the same question as I've asked other conspiracy theorists then; if I've been brainwashed who has done the brainwashing and what is their agenda for doing so, what do they get out of it all?

It's only England applying these mandates so do you think the governments / CMO's of the other nations are CT'ers ?
No, I'd be of the view that they aren't doing enough for their citizens then. Of course in a global world that impacts directly on us here too.

• Haha
I'd ask you the same question as I've asked other conspiracy theorists then; if I've been brainwashed who has done the brainwashing and what is their agenda for doing so, what do they get out of it all?

No, I'd be of the view that they aren't doing enough for their citizens then. Of course in a global world that impacts directly on us here too.
I can assure you our government has went beyond anything the English have done ...btw I don't think they had a designated Friday night party night

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.