COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd certainly take odds of 99% over 1% yes. People should be free to choose whether to have the vaccine or not. In fact that is exactly what the situation is, nobody is forcing you. However, you should also be prepared to deal with the consequences of your choice which many anti-vaxxers are not prepared to do.
I'll ask again because I've asked before but you didn't answer.

What consequences?

Reactions: 7
So the 1 view is irrelevant because the 99 are different.

If 99 want a vaccine let them, if 1 doesn't then 1 in 99 won't matter will it?

Dr Steve James is mainstream media at the moment, go look him up.
Dr Steve James failed to mention that ‘natural immunity’ from a previous infection against Omicron is as low as 19%…past infection is not guaranteed to protect you from new variants.

Reactions: 4
I'll ask again because I've asked before but you didn't answer.

What consequences?
I must have missed when you asked me that question sorry.

One of the consequences is that if you're an NHS staff member then you will not be allowed to continue with your job if you don't. That is the correct decision in my view as it is simply unacceptable to expose your patients to greater risk when there is a mitigation action you can take. If a doctor or a nurse decided that they didn't like the fact that they have to wash their hands as an infection control method and refused to do so then I would expect (and I'm sure you would too) that they should not be allowed to continue with their job until they did so.

• Haha
Dr Steve James failed to mention that ‘natural immunity’ from a previous infection against Omicron is as low as 19%…past infection is not guaranteed to protect you from new variants.

What other facts and figures are other people/organisations failing to point out then.

They are after all in the mainstream media.

I must have missed when you asked me that question sorry.

One of the consequences is that if you're an NHS staff member then you will not be allowed to continue with your job if you don't. That is the correct decision in my view as it is simply unacceptable to expose your patients to greater risk when there is a mitigation action you can take. If a doctor or a nurse decided that they didn't like the fact that they have to wash their hands as an infection control method and refused to do so then I would expect (and I'm sure you would too) that they should not be allowed to continue with their job until they did so.
I'm not NHS staff though.

What consequences will I face?

Reactions: 5
In regards to what?
Dr Steve James is at the moment in the mainstream media which the poster said to follow.

You said he's failed to point out some facts and figures. So am I led to believe that anyone else in the mainstream media isn't to be questioned on what they say or are we to go with the flow?

What other facts and figures are other people/organisations failing to point out then.

They are after all in the mainstream media.

I'm not NHS staff though.

What consequences will I face?
You or one of your loved ones might get an illness and die as a result of not being able to get the treatment you need in time is one example, extreme though it is. I would implore people to think outside of their own little bubble in life. Take a wider view and show some care and compassion for your fellow humans.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Dr Steve James is at the moment in the mainstream media which the poster said to follow.

You said he's failed to point out some facts and figures. So am I led to believe that anyone else in the mainstream media isn't to be questioned on what they say or are we to go with the flow?
That isn’t what I said. Just made a point that he didn’t mention that aspect regarding ‘natural immunity’… he wouldn’t necessarily be my go to guy for this as he is not a virologist/epidemiologist.

Reactions: 2
You or one of your loved ones might get an illness and die as a result of not being able to get the treatment you need in time is one example, extreme though it is. I would implore people to think outside of their own little bubble in life. Take a wider view and show some care and compassion for your fellow humans.
I'm not sure if you've read the pandemic will be all but over come March the Gov aren't interested anymore ,even the boosters are fading away .

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure if you've read the pandemic will be all but over come March the Gov aren't interested anymore ,even the boosters are fading away .

I agree that vaccines should be supplied to the poorer countries before boosters here anyway. Whilst Covid rates are so high in these places we're risking the emergence of a new variant at any point.

I think you need to step outside your bubble actually and get in the real world.

Postcode lottery for Cancer treatment has been going on for decades, I had to go to a panel to be approved for the treatment that I receive, fundraising takes place left, right and centre for treatments to take place abroad for some that are not approved in the UK.

Why would I not be able to get treatment I need by not having a vaccine?

Not one member of the public went and had a flu jab to protect me for the last few years did they, nor would I expect them to. Except my husband who had to PAY for it, because do you know what I was told when I enquired about it? Well you are protected because you have had the flu jab 🤷‍♀️

Stop worrying so much if you have had the vaccine. I'm not worried about getting an illness and dying so don't you worry on my behalf.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree that vaccines should be supplied to the poorer countries before boosters here anyway. Whilst Covid rates are so high in these places we're risking the emergence of a new variant at any point.
I don’t think you’re getting it the pandemics over according to the Gov they’re not interested anymore
ABCEDAAF-2435-4A4D-9058-DE7A6DBD5374.jpeg

When will the penny finally drop? The vaccine is to protect yourself and only you. Vaccine mandates make 0 sense. Where is your care and compassion for the NHS staff (like me) who do not want to take a medical treatment they don't want or don't need?
Especially at this point in time when omnicron is a mild cold even the mainstream media have pointed that out, so at this stage now the virus has mutated to virtually a sniffle what sense would even getting a vaccine now make? Absolutely none. Why are people hanging on to this pandemic, its over.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think you need to step outside your bubble actually and get in the real world.

Postcode lottery for Cancer treatment has been going on for decades, I had to go to a panel to be approved for the treatment that I receive, fundraising takes place left, right and centre for treatments to take place abroad for some that are not approved in the UK.

Why would I not be able to get treatment I need by not having a vaccine?

Not one member of the public went and had a flu jab to protect me for the last few years did they, nor would I expect them to. Except my husband who had to PAY for it, because do you know what I was told when I enquired about it? Well you are protected because you have had the flu jab 🤷‍♀️

Stop worrying so much if you have had the vaccine. I'm not worried about getting an illness and dying so don't you worry on my behalf.
It should not be a race to the bottom. The cancer treatment issue you raise is terrible and should be addressed. I'm sorry to hear you have suffered with cancer by the way, it has affected close members of my family too so you have my support in your battle against it.

You might not be able to get treatment as NHS staff that are unvaccinated won't be available to treat you. I'm not sure what you mean about flu jabs as there are campaigns every year for people to get these.

When will the penny finally drop? The vaccine is to protect yourself and only you. Vaccine mandates make 0 sense. Where is your care and compassion for the NHS staff (like me) who do not want to take a medical treatment they don't want or don't need?
Especially at this point in time when omnicron is a mild cold even the mainstream media have pointed that out, so at this stage now the virus has mutated to virtually a sniffle what sense would even getting a vaccine now make? Absolutely none. Why are people hanging on to this pandemic, its over.
The vaccines were only ever to protect the person getting them ,nothing more .

Reactions: 12
Especially at this point in time when omnicron is a mild cold even the mainstream media have pointed that out, so at this stage now the virus has mutated to virtually a sniffle what sense would even getting a vaccine now make?
*Omicron

Please stop saying it is just a sniffle when simply that is not the case.

It should not be a race to the bottom. The cancer treatment issue you raise is terrible and should be addressed. I'm sorry to hear you have suffered with cancer by the way, it has affected close members of my family too so you have my support in your battle against it.

You might not be able to get treatment as NHS staff that are unvaccinated won't be available to treat you. I'm not sure what you mean about flu jabs as there are campaigns every year for people to get these.
Have a look at how many NHS staff take up the flu jab ! why would you think an unvaccinated person wouldn't be treated ? surely you mean everyone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.