COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hear you, and if I believed the narrative I would back you. But nearly everyone I know, let’s say 80-90%, that are vaccinated have caught and passed covid on to work colleagues. Some even getting it twice 😲 I would say around 20% of these that have been vaccinated have been left with long term fatigue, lowered immune response and a few other ailments Post catching covid.

our local care home is having an outbreak caused by a vaccinated staff member.

I think because I have seen within my local area how the vaccine isn’t working to stop transmission I am not keen on having it.
It is also the fact it MRNA. I may have been more keen on a more traditional style of vaccine, but still would have held back.

it’s balancing personal risks against covid vs the vaccine and seeing which one you fear more. I don’t feel my not having the vaccine is stopping England from moving forward. That’s the politicians.
but I appreciate your answer, and I am sorry if you feel my personal choices are effecting your freedom.
I kinda feel all those rushing for the jab are effecting mine. I know people who only got vaccinated for freedom and not health. That breaks my heart. That enslaves us all.

Who’s going to suffer here 😕
Heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Who’s going to suffer here 😕
I agree that this is just plain daft. The father could simply do a later flow test
I hear you, and if I believed the narrative I would back you. But nearly everyone I know, let’s say 80-90%, that are vaccinated have caught and passed covid on to work colleagues. Some even getting it twice 😲 I would say around 20% of these that have been vaccinated have been left with long term fatigue, lowered immune response and a few other ailments.

our local care home is having an outbreak caused by a vaccinated staff member.

I think because I have seen within my local area how the vaccine isn’t working to stop transmission I am not keen on having it.
It is also the fact it MRNA. I may have been more keen on a more traditional style of vaccine, but still would have held back.

it’s balancing personal risks against covid vs the vaccine and seeing which one you fear more. I don’t feel my not having the vaccine is stopping England from moving forward. That’s the politicians.
but I appreciate your answer, and I am sorry if you feel my personal choices are effecting your freedom.
I kinda feel all those rushing for the jab are effecting mine. I know people who only got vaccinated for freedom and not health. That breaks my heart.

Heartbreaking.
We take a different view on the issue Lisdiz and as I mentioned to another poster on this thread I think it's totally fine to disagree on things from time to time. Nobody has to fall out with each other over differing opinions and I'm pleased we haven't in the end :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree that this is just plain daft. The father could simply do a later flow test

We take a different view on the issue Lisdiz and as I mentioned to another poster on this thread I think it's totally fine to disagree on things from time to time. Nobody has to fall out with each other over differing opinions and I'm pleased we haven't in the end :)
Me too. I’m in a crappy mood, so will take ownership of that!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Sad times when it coming to this .

Reactions: 2
I don't doubt that some of those that have taken their own lives over the past two years would have been for issued suffered due to lockdown rules. It's tragic and I wish with all my heart that we could have helped those people more and prevented their deaths.

The vaccine killed her? There must have been a news story about that then please can you link it or at least provide her name so I can Google it? My initial search didn't bring anything up.
I'd love to know what you do for a living, because you seem to lead a lovely sheltered life.

I had the elderly repeatedly tell me in their droves how they'd rather die than live through the first lockdown. I had to talk down so many people, and its not even my job to do that as I don't work in mental health.
These people were obviously the very same people we were trying to save from a virus that could kill them. So what we're we protecting?
We could have prevented their deaths! From the start we could have allowed family or a friend to visit them. We could have protected them so much more!
Protecting people isn't always about someone's health, its about wellbeing and that was completely ignored.
They've continued to tell me every time a lockdown is spoken about that they won't live through the next one. These people from the start have their deaths planned.
If I could tell you what I've seen while people like you want to protect yourselves your blood would run cold.

As for you other point.
I had a doctor tell me to my face that he'd personally seen blood clots from the vaccine kill young people. He has spoken personally to a mother who had lost one daughter to thrombosis.
He told me that because of my adverse reaction and my professional background.
He watched me for reaction himself after I eventually went for my second jab - which I had to have after delaying it for nearly a year to keep my job.
I've since spoken to another professional in my line of business that has also said how they've seen embolism and thrombosis. This person, and the doctor both said how lucky I was for my clots to present the way they did as they'd seen the devastation it had caused.

Do you really think that these stories would really be told so you could research them?
What world do you live in!?

If each death and severe reaction was there to Google then no one would get the vaccine.
Instead they have you believe that it's not so common so more people take it up

• Heart
Reactions: 23
For anyone interested in this, published today.

Covid-19 linked to complications during pregnancy.

“Women who have Covid-19 towards the end of their pregnancy are vulnerable to birth-related complications. They are more likely to have complications than those who get Covid-19 in the earlier stages of pregnancy or who haven’t had Covid-19 at all.”

Reactions: 1
My concern lies with the vulnerable people in society who if they were to contract Covid are most at risk of dying.

To me it is like saying that staff should be allowed to not bother washing their hands before treating patients. It's a simple yet very effective method of preventing infection.

May I ask in return what is it about the vaccine that makes you unwilling to take it?
Me and my sister are both vulnerable.

I'm unvaccinated, she is.

Both had Covid she had it worse than me.

My husband is unvaccinated, her husband is.

Both had covid her husband had it worse than mine.

Anecdotal I know 🙂

And washing your hands is absolutely not the same as injecting something into your body 🤣

Reactions: 19
Thank you, sorry i reacted as I did. It was similar for some poster when people pondered if Nikki Graham died from the vaccine.
I found It shocking.
why is it important to you that people like myself have the vaccine?
not attacking will listen (read) the response with an open heart and mind.

i wonder if this is because for some the pressures of life increased, and for others it decreased?
I know I coped well in lockdown because I am an introvert, it also decreased anxiety and allowed more time for inner work. However as a keyworker I did still work.
However I have come across many who found lockdown destroyed their marriages, loss businesses, lost homes, loved ones. Many of the over 18s but under 25/30 struggled with feeling they were missing out on life.
adverts telling people to retrain from passions they loved and earned money from is a big factor too.
Yep, it's certainly a complex subject and lockdown has had different impacts on different people. The shift to working from home for me has been a good thing, as it's allowed me a better work/life balance and thankfully my employer is keen for us to WFH as much as we like, rather than forcing everyone back into the office to sit on Teams all day.

I feel positive for this year, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anyone else pinpoint the time when they decided not to or to have the vaccine?

I decided before it was even launched, it was when they were on the countdown to it being a breakthrough vaccine. There and then I said to my husband I'm not having any vaccine. I'm on immunosuppressants and for me there isn't enough research on reactions to other drugs, there can't possibly be with the length of time it's been available.

My decision was only enhanced when the info came out about it only reducing symptoms and you still being able to pass it on. I'd not had Covid at this point either.

We don't watch the news, we barely watched the press conferences. I couldn't even tell you about the vaccine programme and the types you can have with or without the other. I don't feel the need to know as I won't be having them.

I haven’t been locked in a room on the deep dark web trawling for conspiracy theories as some people assume!

My husband doesn't want it either and that is the right decision for us 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hmmm two people who are the biggest culprits of pointless, patronising,back and forth , trying to have the last word posts that ruin threads for others talking about respect.
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
And who may that be? Elaborate please? Name and shame the two people who are the biggest culprits…as you so nicely put it. 🧐

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.