COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any shop/ restaurant /business that treats their unvaccinated staff differently I and 1000s of others will be boycotting, they deserve to go out of business

Myself, my daughter and my best friend are always in Ikea. No more.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's not 'a theory' my daughter works on a ward where most of their covid patients have caught while already there.

What are the annual death figures? Example according to ons.gov the month of November 2021 the leading cause of death was Alzheimers, Covid was the third.
I'm sure Chris whitty said in a press conference last year, that more people died from smoking in 2020 than covid.

Far more survived covid than died from it.... Yet they never tell us that to ease people's minds/fears about getting covid.

And no I don't have a link to that or a detailed pie chart (Before someone asks) as I don't save this stuff, I don't watch telly, I just pop into these press conferences from time to time to see what rubbish/lies they are talking

Any shop/ restaurant /business that treats their unvaccinated staff differently I and 1000s of others will be boycotting, they deserve to go out of business

Myself, my daughter and my best friend are always in Ikea. No more.
I see Next have said they will cut sick pay for their unvaccinated also

Reactions: 14
What other global pandemics have we had recently?
I'd definitely say that mental health has reached crisis levels in the UK. I don't know enough to say whether it is global. I personally know a lot more people that have committed suicide than have died from covid.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I'd definitely say that mental health has reached crisis levels in the UK. I don't know enough to say whether it is global. I personally know a lot more people that have committed suicide than have died from covid.
Indeed suicide is awful and the number of people taking their own lives (especially young men) is tragic. But if I came to you with a solution that would greatly reduce or eliminate these suicides would you reject it like some on here reject the Covid vaccine?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Indeed suicide is awful and the number of people taking their own lives (especially young men) is tragic. But if I came to you with a solution that would greatly reduce or eliminate these suicides would you reject it like some on here reject the Covid vaccine?
Wow, that is a reach, isn't it?
So many killing themselves this last two years not because they got covid but because of what covid rules have done to them, but once again those who won't have a pretty damn useless vaccine are to blame.

I know two people who killed themselves during the lockdown and one who died the day after her vaccine, way back in Feb. She was so excited to get it and it killed her. But you carry on with your BS

Reactions: 19
Wow, that is a reach, isn't it?
So many killing themselves this last two years not because they got covid but because of what covid rules have done to them, but once again those who won't have a pretty damn useless vaccine are to blame.

I know two people who killed themselves during the lockdown and one who died the day after her vaccine, way back in Feb. She was so excited to get it and it killed her. But you carry on with your BS
I don't doubt that some of those that have taken their own lives over the past two years would have been for issued suffered due to lockdown rules. It's tragic and I wish with all my heart that we could have helped those people more and prevented their deaths.

The vaccine killed her? There must have been a news story about that then please can you link it or at least provide her name so I can Google it? My initial search didn't bring anything up.

Reactions: 3
Treatment for suicidal idealization does not involve mrna based treatment. There's also decades of research with antidepressants unlike the relatively new vaccines. I tried medication but came off sertraline and trazadone because of the side effects with each because they didn't work for me.

I started therapy 3 months after I decided I would kill myself and I did it for 4 years because I could afford to pay for private twice weekly sessions for the first year. In crisis mode I did see my therapist for three sessions in one week.

Covid has been so bad for my mental health, but I already had support from a therapist so won't complain. I lived alone in a different country and didn't see my family for more then a year.

It was the governments that separated people from their loved ones and their normal coping mechanisms. I used to do gym 6 days a week and regular massages and it helped so much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
One solution would be to treat other people, as we don't know what they are going through.

Reactions: 4
I don't doubt that some of those that have taken their own lives over the past two years would have been for issued suffered due to lockdown rules. It's tragic and I wish with all my heart that we could have helped those people more and prevented their deaths.

The vaccine killed her? There must have been a news story about that then please can you link it or at least provide her name so I can Google it? My initial search didn't bring anything up.
Are you really that silly to think that every single vaccine death or serious injury would be in mainstream media.... the media that works in line with government views, currently trying to push the vaccine as much as possible. If you're seriously going to only believe all the propaganda on the news instead of taking into consideration people's real life experiences then you must have such a narrow mind.

My mum's friend in her 40s also got the vaccine 2nd dose and within the week she was dead. Her kids woke up one morning to their dead mum... autopsy done and no cause of death found. Do you not find it strange how often we are hearing of these sudden deaths in young people? It's tragic and I have no doubts that it is vaccine related... but of course the media aren't going to advertise this.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Treatment for suicidal idealization does not involve mrna based treatment. There's also decades of research with antidepressants.

I started therapy 3 months after I decided I would kill myself and I did it for 4 years because I could afford to pay for private twice weekly sessions for the first year.

I tried medication but came off sertraline and trazadone because of the side effects with each.
Are you feeling better these days, it must have been awful to have those kind of thoughts? I'm sending my virtual love to you and hope you're doing well now 🥰

Are you really that silly to think that every single vaccine death or serious injury would be in mainstream media.... the media that works in line with government views, currently trying to push the vaccine as much as possible. If you're seriously going to only believe all the propaganda on the news instead of taking into consideration people's real life experiences then you must have such a narrow mind.

My mum's friend in her 40s also got the vaccine 2nd dose and within the week she was dead. Her kids woke up one morning to their dead mum... autopsy done and no cause of death found. Do you not find it strange how often we are hearing of these sudden deaths in young people? It's tragic and I have no doubts that it is vaccine related... but of course the media aren't going to advertise this.
I don't subscribe to the conspiracy that the 'mainstream media' are part of some organised propaganda machine no. Again, I ask for whose benefit are these conspiracies meant to be for??

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You cannot compare mental health treatment such as talk therapy, trauma treatment, CBT etc as the same as a vaccine. What utter utter bollocks. And no, medication doesn’t cure suicidal tendencies in people, for some especially teenagers it actually increases the risks.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Stop arguing with other members, hit ignore.

You don't believe anyone has died from the vaccine but you believe 1000s and 1000s have died from covid.

You and I are done I'm not getting pulled into this BS again with another new member who has lived under a rock for the last two years

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
You cannot compare mental health treatment such as talk therapy, trauma treatment, CBT etc as the same as a vaccine. What utter utter bollocks. And no, medication doesn’t cure suicidal tendencies in people, for some especially teenagers it actually increases the risks.
I wasn't doing that Lisdiz.

Reactions: 1
I wasn't doing that Lisdiz.
So what were you doing? Other then being provocative.

I tell you what, even before the pandemic CAMHs was not fit for purpose, and even worse so now. Teenagers have gone through so much over the last few years. So have young adults.families. Men and women. Young and old. So making a flippant comment like you did to try and make some sort of point has just made you come across as ill informed, lacking in compassion and kinda arrogant. I was actually shocked to read such a comment…….

I don’t police what people say or do, but for god she just stop and think before you post something like that ffs

and actually, if I was suicidal I would likely take treatment being as I am planning on killing myself. Or I would be too far gone in the black clouds that I would refuse and just kill myself.

I have every chance of surviving covid without the vaccine. In fact I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
You don't believe anyone has died from the vaccine but you believe 1000s and 1000s have died from covid.

You and I are done I'm not getting pulled into this BS again with another new member who has lived under a rock for the last two years
I believe there have been some who have died from vaccine complication yeah, in fact 'the mainstream media' also have reported this. Many thousands of people across the world have indeed died from Covid.

I get why people retreat to conspiracies to explain horrible things that happen. I get that sometimes really scary and horrible things happen in the world and that the true explanations for them are hard to accept and live with. I get that it's more comfortable and easier to process mentally to wrap a warm comfort blanket of conspiracy around you that reassures you that reality isn't actually what is happening here it is instead some elaborate conspiracy. That way we can hide from the horrors in the world and it makes us feel better, I get it.

We don't agree on this point and that's fine. We're allowed to disagree and not fall out with each other :)

So what were you doing? Other then being provocative.

I tell you what, even before the pandemic CAMHs was not fit for purpose, and even worse so now. Teenagers have gone through so much over the last few years. So have young adults.families. Men and women. Young and old. So making a flippant comment like you did to try and make some sort of point has just made you come across as ill informed, lacking in compassion and kinda arrogant. I was actually shocked to read such a comment…….

I don’t police what people say or do, but for god she just stop and think before you post something like that ffs

and actually, if I was suicidal I would likely take treatment being as I am planning on killing myself. Or I would be too far gone in the black clouds that I would refuse and just kill myself.

I have every chance of surviving covid with o vaccine. In fact I have.
We're on common ground with our view on mental health support pre and post-pandemic Lisdiz. It is shocking and if I had any sway in this world I would increase the funding ten fold in this area.

I'm sorry you feel I was lacking in compassion, I didn't mean to portray that as it couldn't be further from the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree that any suicide is tragic and numbers have sadly been increasing over recent years. While lockdown unfortunately became that catalyst that led to some people taking their own lives, the statistics don't imply that there was a marked increase.

I found some figures on The Samaritans' website which I've pasted below. I've included the caveats that go along with the data, but we can see here that there appeared to be slightly more deaths from suicide in 2019 -- i.e. pre-pandemic.

Whichever way you look at it, any death from suicide is tragic. And I certainly don't mean to suggest that the only consequence of poor mental health caused by lockdown is suicide. Of course, for other people it manifests in different ways.

England
  • 4912 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 404 fewer than in 2019.
Wales
  • 285 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 45 fewer than in 2019.
*It is important to note, that these deaths didn't all happen in 2020, and we will not know how many did until all deaths are officially registered- this can sometimes take a year or more.

Scotland
  • 805 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 28 fewer than in 2019
*For Scotland, the registration time for deaths by suicide is around 8 days so the suicide registration data is more likely to reflect occurrences (the date of death) than other nations but is still registration data.

The above statistics were sourced from this website:

Reactions: 3
Thank you, sorry i reacted as I did. It was similar for some poster when people pondered if Nikki Graham died from the vaccine.
I found It shocking.
why is it important to you that people like myself have the vaccine?
not attacking will listen (read) the response with an open heart and mind.

I agree that any suicide is tragic and numbers have sadly been increasing over recent years. While lockdown unfortunately became that catalyst that led to some people taking their own lives, the statistics don't imply that there was a marked increase.

I found some figures on The Samaritans' website which I've pasted below. I've included the caveats that go along with the data, but we can see here that there appeared to be slightly more deaths from suicide in 2019 -- i.e. pre-pandemic.

Whichever way you look at it, any death from suicide is tragic. And I certainly don't mean to suggest that the only consequence of poor mental health caused by lockdown is suicide. Of course, for other people it manifests in different ways.

England
  • 4912 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 404 fewer than in 2019.
Wales
  • 285 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 45 fewer than in 2019.
*It is important to note, that these deaths didn't all happen in 2020, and we will not know how many did until all deaths are officially registered- this can sometimes take a year or more.

Scotland
  • 805 suicides were registered in 2020*. This is 28 fewer than in 2019
*For Scotland, the registration time for deaths by suicide is around 8 days so the suicide registration data is more likely to reflect occurrences (the date of death) than other nations but is still registration data.
https://www.samaritans.org/news/sam...hs-by-suicide-but-calls-for-sustained-action/
The above statistics were sourced from this website:

i wonder if this is because for some the pressures of life increased, and for others it decreased?
I know I coped well in lockdown because I am an introvert, it also decreased anxiety and allowed more time for inner work. However as a keyworker I did still work.
However I have come across many who found lockdown destroyed their marriages, loss businesses, lost homes, loved ones. Many of the over 18s but under 25/30 struggled with feeling they were missing out on life.
adverts telling people to retrain from passions they loved and earned money from is a big factor too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you, sorry i reacted as I did. It was similar for some poster when people pondered if Nikki Graham died from the vaccine.
I found It shocking.
why is it important to you that people like myself have the vaccine?
not attacking will listen (read) the response with an open heart and mind.
No problem, sorry if I came across as arsey at any point too :)

I think it is important that people take the vaccine as by doing so it will help us beat this Covid and we can all get back to normal. It's been shown that if you're vaccinated it also helps lower your risk of transmission to others too. My concern lies with the vulnerable people in society who if they were to contract Covid are most at risk of dying. I understand that for most people it is a mild disease but for a sizeable number it is not. For example, staff working with the sickest people in society in hospital should not be allowed to put their patients at risk of greater harm from them because they haven't taken the simplest of precautions to help stop the spread of Covid. To me it is like saying that staff should be allowed to not bother washing their hands before treating patients. It's a simple yet very effective method of preventing infection.

May I ask in return what is it about the vaccine that makes you unwilling to take it?

**Edit to add that it also helps as to not overwhelm the NHS with Covid patients that perhaps aren't ill enough that they will die but are ill enough to take up hospital beds which then has the knock on effect of meaning patient with other illnesses struggle to access treatment they need.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.