Courtney Black

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually prefer her shape now. I’m not a fan of the muscly thighs. If she could just get me into that shape that would be great haha. Although I done the 28 day challenge and didn’t change a bit. I was also very strict with my diet except one day treats at the weekend

She definitely works hard and I think her work ethic is impressive. However, I think she’s really got lost in the diet message during lockdown as she’s gained more followers and I think she’s losing herself in it again.

She is definitely just so obsessed with how she looks, eating and exercising and I think these challenges and app workouts are justifying her behaviour. She says she eats over 2k calories a day but when she posts her food, that is not 2k calories! It’s so deceptive to her audience and I don’t think it portrays a great picture to young and impressionable women who probably have slight doubts about their appearance anyway.

I try to do her workouts but they’re way too jumpy, full of weird movements that feel unneedly difficult (even though I’m far from an exercise ‘beginner’) and her constant bursts of laughter is just erratic behaviour! Plus I can’t deal with how many times she says yeah 🤣

I agree with this! I absolutely hate the challenges I just want to work out as normal! So I have been doing the older workouts and her language is so different!! No talk of calories or “what doesn’t challenge you won’t change you” just the normal fun workouts! Think she seems to have changed a lot recently which is sad

Reactions: 2
I actually prefer her shape now. I’m not a fan of the muscly thighs. If she could just get me into that shape that would be great haha. Although I done the 28 day challenge and didn’t change a bit. I was also very strict with my diet except one day treats at the weekend
. I understand that she has good intentions but I think the whole 28 day challenge thing was a bit ‘off’ for me and she seems a touch misguided in some of the things she says. It is such a difficult balance though when you work in the fitness industry. You are expected to be responsible with the message you are putting out, but you need to use certain language to attract people to use your service. Her target market is 16-25yo females and the language she uses is exactly what most girls of that age look for - to look better.

Reactions: 1
She seems pretty exhausted in her lives now, this must all be taking a toll despite the $$$$

I feel like I don’t enjoy the workouts anymore to be honest! I don’t know if she’s just started grating on me or if they’ve/she has changed? Does anyone else feel the same? 😂 getting a bit sick to death of hearing “if it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!” 5 times per workout too

Reactions: 5
I feel like I don’t enjoy the workouts anymore to be honest! I don’t know if she’s just started grating on me or if they’ve/she has changed? Does anyone else feel the same? 😂 getting a bit sick to death of hearing “if it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!” 5 times per workout too
She seems burnt out and it’s reflecting on her workouts! They’re getting really repetitive

Yeah I agree. I have started mixing it up a bit with running and i doubt I’ll be renewing my subscription once it expires later this month. Workouts are very samey, plus 45 mins of hiit bores me.

Yeah I agree. I have started mixing it up a bit with running and i doubt I’ll be renewing my subscription once it expires later this month. Workouts are very samey, plus 45 mins of hiit bores me.
I always find doing 45 mins of HIIT weird, HIIT is meant to be all you can absolutely give so like 30 mins work tops!

I haven’t done any of her workouts since gyms reopened because I just cannot handle how many times she says ‘yeah’ 🤮

Reactions: 4
Yeah I thought about doing the same! I can’t put my finger on what’s changed though. I got 10 minutes into a boxing one and had to switch it off and do something else because I was just stood there waiting for her to finish dancing around

Before I wou
Yeah I thought about doing the same! I can’t put my finger on what’s changed though. I got 10 minutes into a boxing one and had to switch it off and do something else because I was just stood there waiting for her to finish dancing around
yes I’ve been feeling like that since last month. Also I don’t think her app is that advanced compared to a lot around. So I’ve unsubscribed. A few members on here mentioned how Courtney talks about diet culture I disagreed at the time. But they were absolutely right. Everything is about calorie counting, eat this not that. Even on one of her posts she says butter is bad fat. I was absolutely flabbergasted if you have grass fed butter it’s really good for you. Her knowledge is pretty basic compared to other fitness gurus and I feel she’s pushing her agenda on other young people and I think it’s dangerous. I think a lot of girls who idolise her are going to have issues with food. She’s a lovely girl, great energy but I don’t want to obsessed with what I eat, how many steps and constantly hit training which I don’t think is good for you no matter how fit you. Thank you for the assistance during the beginning lockdown. I wish her the best just I can’t deal with diet culture it’s very dangerous and super misleading. We as women have enough to deal with.

She seems burnt out and it’s reflecting on her workouts! They’re getting really repetitive
I think she over complicates the workouts and she’s even getting bored with them herself

Before I wou

yes I’ve been feeling like that since last month. Also I don’t think her app is that advanced compared to a lot around. So I’ve unsubscribed. A few members on here mentioned how Courtney talks about diet culture I disagreed at the time. But they were absolutely right. Everything is about calorie counting, eat this not that. Even on one of her posts she says butter is bad fat. I was absolutely flabbergasted if you have grass fed butter it’s really good for you. Her knowledge is pretty basic compared to other fitness gurus and I feel she’s pushing her agenda on other young people and I think it’s dangerous. I think a lot of girls who idolise her are going to have issues with food. She’s a lovely girl, great energy but I don’t want to obsessed with what I eat, how many steps and constantly hit training which I don’t think is good for you no matter how fit you. Thank you for the assistance during the beginning lockdown. I wish her the best just I can’t deal with diet culture it’s very dangerous and super misleading. We as women have enough to deal with.
I really dislike any diet culture chat from PTs. I don’t think a lot of people realise that being a qualified nutritionist after doing a course online is not the same as being a qualified DIETICIAN who has a degree under their belt. Everybody is different and some people react better to a high carb diet. Others are more suited to low carb but higher fat. But Her diets and workouts are one size fits all.
I used to religiously follow Courtney and was using her meal plans and realised I was creeping into eating disorder danger zone with my diet so decided to stop.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I seen more change in my body doing Kayla Itsines bikini body guide compared to Courtney’s. I find her workouts easier to do however as I can follow along. I’ll probably switch it up a bit but I’m a few weeks behind and currently on the “Deload week”.
I haven’t seen much change but I’ve felt better physically.

The dancing really bugs me! One of her workouts before had a whole round of “dance moves”... didn’t feel like it was really working out and didn’t enjoy it at all

Her instagram post today promoting where to donate to the Lebanon disaster, but had a photo of her posing with her bum stuck out, kinda rubbed me up the wrong way? It’s amazing she’s doing something to raise awareness but why the photo? It seemed a bit insensitive to me. I had initially scrolled past it thinking it was another posey photo and then realised the resources. Apologies that this isn’t fitness related and if I’m the only one who feels this way (goes for all influencers though imo)

Her instagram post today promoting where to donate to the Lebanon disaster, but had a photo of her posing with her bum stuck out, kinda rubbed me up the wrong way? It’s amazing she’s doing something to raise awareness but why the photo? It seemed a bit insensitive to me. I had initially scrolled past it thinking it was another posey photo and then realised the resources. Apologies that this isn’t fitness related and if I’m the only one who feels this way (goes for all influencers though imo)
No doubt an undisclosed ad to promote L Couture!

I think she over complicates the workouts and she’s even getting bored with them herself

I really dislike any diet culture chat from PTs. I don’t think a lot of people realise that being a qualified nutritionist after doing a course online is not the same as being a qualified DIETICIAN who has a degree under their belt. Everybody is different and some people react better to a high carb diet. Others are more suited to low carb but higher fat. But Her diets and workouts are one size fits all.
I used to religiously follow Courtney and was using her meal plans and realised I was creeping into eating disorder danger zone with my diet so decided to stop.
Well done for noticing the signs and stepping away x

I really liked Courtney at the start but I agree with people on here she seems to have changed and I don't know if anyone agrees but doing 2 workouts a day is not healthy and it's a very toxic to make others believe you have to work out twice a day to see results especially doing intense hiit training with one rest day. The group on fb is full of women beating themselves up if they've missed a day so doing 3 / 4 workouts A DAY 😳 absolutely crazy. And I cannot belive some are eating about 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day and doing that much exercise. This sort of stuff should not be promoted.

Reactions: 5
I really liked Courtney at the start but I agree with people on here she seems to have changed and I don't know if anyone agrees but doing 2 workouts a day is not healthy and it's a very toxic to make others believe you have to work out twice a day to see results especially doing intense hiit training with one rest day. The group on fb is full of women beating themselves up if they've missed a day so doing 3 / 4 workouts A DAY 😳 absolutely crazy. And I cannot belive some are eating about 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day and doing that much exercise. This sort of stuff should not be promoted.
I am evangelical about her workouts sometimes because for me they have worked but I do get anxious if I skip a day or two if work is busy. I do other stuff too like running, bouldering and hiking so I’m trying to keep it balanced as well. I do wonder how some people will keep their new regimes going when they return to their usual merrygoround of busy job, kids to and from school and activities and social lives.

Reactions: 3
I am evangelical about her workouts sometimes because for me they have worked but I do get anxious if I skip a day or two if work is busy. I do other stuff too like running, bouldering and hiking so I’m trying to keep it balanced as well. I do wonder how some people will keep their new regimes going when they return to their usual merrygoround of busy job, kids to and from school and activities and social lives.
I think her way of counting calories on her app isn’t right either - she’s basically said if you only do her workouts and nothing else then you’re “not active” which can be quite triggering for some people!! And probably why all the people on the group go nuts about it and doing 4 workouts a day if they miss one!