Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Imah

Chatty Member
just posted This on another thread about her. Not as nice as she makes out. Seen her out before and she always comes across like she thinks she is better than everyone else
C’mon to be fair to her some of these tweets would have been written when she was 16 years old!

Reactions: 8

Whatever123

VIP Member
Absolutely obsessed!

I have followed her for years but never paid much attention, but the lockdown workouts are so fun and change all the time. I actually think she seems hilarious and really down to earth too.

the only complaint I have is she does use diet culture rhetoric sometimes - saying how many cakes she’s burnt and ‘earning the cheat meal/burning off the weekend binge’ isn’t healthy and a bit outdated now.
I have been doing her workouts for three weeks now and seeing results.

when I first started I was dubious and I’m more of a strength trainer, I would never ever normally do HIIT. I am finding that I am toning up and looking leaner which I’m quite surprised about as I usually only achieve these results through heavy weight training.

at first I thought she would be annoying but now I really like her! She is of course making a lot of money/ will make a lot of money from this but it’s very well deserved!

I will probably invest in the app after lockdown depending on the results I see by the end

Reactions: 7

Imah

Chatty Member
I’ve seen fabulous results from her workouts but I’m at the point where 4+ months of HIIT workouts 4/5 times a week has battered me. I’m not really making any progress now and o just feel tired. She needs to switch it up

Lovethegossxoxo

I love her workouts. People moaning about the times and it not being on her IGTV is a shame as she’s doing it for free but she’s very clever. Her free workouts have brought in a mountain of followers who will no doubt subscribe to the app when this is over. I will probably be one of these people as I’ve tried various other YouTube workouts but none of them burn as many calories as hers.

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
They are more like age 17/18. Agreed she may disagree with them now, I was just using them to back up my point that I have been around her on holidays in Ibiza and marbs in the last few years and she comes across as very ‘mean girl’.
Although I’m sure anyone that followed her prior to her lockdown success would have seen a change in her behaviour
She’s literally gone from the fakest Essex TOWIE wannabe to actually like she’s a lovely au natural goddess 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Makeupaddict5

I think she’s young. She’s 23. She’s done very well. Thank god for her workouts during lockdown otherwise I would have gone stir crazy. I’m not fan of the advertising but due to her age I realised she’ll take anything. Once money comes in then she will establish and hopefully be choosy. She’s young and I think she’s done very well and I wish her all the success. I don’t do her legs or glutes does nothing for me. I follow Linn Lowes for that. Now once you go to the gym she’s the one I follow. As you train like a beast with her and you will shape up. Courtney is more hiit based which is great but after the gyms reopen that’s not something I would do everyday.
There’s only one negative for me with Courtney the music is always the same. Kinda jarring considering it’s nearly been 4 months.
pump it up everyone 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I think her way of counting calories on her app isn’t right either - she’s basically said if you only do her workouts and nothing else then you’re “not active” which can be quite triggering for some people!! And probably why all the people on the group go nuts about it and doing 4 workouts a day if they miss one!
I used an online calculator to work out how many calories I should stick to a day if I want to lose weight - that’s what I’ve been using for a while now. When I got the app, the allowance I was given on there was about 300 calories more so I don’t know how accurate it is.

I’m glad other people think 2 workouts a day is a bit excessive too. It would be different if she done it as two different ones a day so you have options to choose from but she does make it seem like you have to do as many as you can to see results. I did the 2 a day for a month or so at the start of lockdown and I was constantly knackered 😂

Rosie91

I really liked Courtney at the start but I agree with people on here she seems to have changed and I don't know if anyone agrees but doing 2 workouts a day is not healthy and it's a very toxic to make others believe you have to work out twice a day to see results especially doing intense hiit training with one rest day. The group on fb is full of women beating themselves up if they've missed a day so doing 3 / 4 workouts A DAY 😳 absolutely crazy. And I cannot belive some are eating about 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day and doing that much exercise. This sort of stuff should not be promoted.

LunaLovegood

I changed from joe wicks to Courtney after paying for joes 90 day plan as I found his workouts too boring and I was always clock watching. I love Courtney’s workouts as her enthusiasm is infectious it’s like being in a gym class, plus I burn twice as many calories as joe wicks. I think she’s young and will take what she can while she’s building up her brand, I can’t fault her for that really. Yes she has an Apple watch but I like to think the reason she advertised that watch is because a lot of her followers are young and probably can’t afford it so she’s showing them the next best thing.

• Heart

LittleMissH

I feel like I don’t enjoy the workouts anymore to be honest! I don’t know if she’s just started grating on me or if they’ve/she has changed? Does anyone else feel the same? 😂 getting a bit sick to death of hearing “if it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!” 5 times per workout too

Imah

Chatty Member
You’re literally posting tweets from when she was 12/13.

enough of cancel culture already, plenty of other BS to call her out on

Whatever123

VIP Member
I follow the fb group and it’s scary how little these people know about exercise/diet /nutrition. Some of the people trying to ‘help’ are giving terrible and untrue advice! Not sure I like this ‘community’ aspect.

something that keeps Coming up time and time again is‘I’m not burning as many cals as Courtney’ or ‘what setting should I have my watch on to burn more calories’ ....... unbelievable 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Imah

Chatty Member
Absolutely obsessed!

I have followed her for years but never paid much attention, but the lockdown workouts are so fun and change all the time. I actually think she seems hilarious and really down to earth too.

the only complaint I have is she does use diet culture rhetoric sometimes - saying how many cakes she’s burnt and ‘earning the cheat meal/burning off the weekend binge’ isn’t healthy and a bit outdated now.

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
Regarding diet culture language, yes she is very open about her past eating disorder which is fantastic however unfortunately diet culture is so ingrained in society, half the time people don’t even realise that what they’re saying is planting diet culture into your mind; this is true with Courtney. She’s still very young (not much younger than me, mind) and it’s very difficult to distance yourself from this type of language, especially if you have have struggled with disordered eating in the past.
Things I’ve noticed are ‘burn off the calories you had on the weekend!!’ Or ‘guys, I ate so much this weekend!’ With an undertone off guilt.

I truly believe she wants to help people, and I don’t think she says these things purposefully, but she needs to work on the things she says as she really does have a huge (adoring) audience.

I really think her workouts are great and she does deserve every penny! It’s clear she works extremely hard.

in terms of advertising the watch, i think she’ll learn from that. From the comments I read from her on the fb group, it seems she had tried to help people out regarding orders etc. Unfortunately, the company may have sent her a better product and she really did think it was decent for the price. I’ve seen this happen with other influencers and other products like fake air pods etc.
She definitely works hard and I think her work ethic is impressive. However, I think she’s really got lost in the diet message during lockdown as she’s gained more followers and I think she’s losing herself in it again.

She is definitely just so obsessed with how she looks, eating and exercising and I think these challenges and app workouts are justifying her behaviour. She says she eats over 2k calories a day but when she posts her food, that is not 2k calories! It’s so deceptive to her audience and I don’t think it portrays a great picture to young and impressionable women who probably have slight doubts about their appearance anyway.

I try to do her workouts but they’re way too jumpy, full of weird movements that feel unneedly difficult (even though I’m far from an exercise ‘beginner’) and her constant bursts of laughter is just erratic behaviour! Plus I can’t deal with how many times she says yeah 🤣

• Haha

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
Yeah I agree. I have started mixing it up a bit with running and i doubt I’ll be renewing my subscription once it expires later this month. Workouts are very samey, plus 45 mins of hiit bores me.
I always find doing 45 mins of HIIT weird, HIIT is meant to be all you can absolutely give so like 30 mins work tops!

I haven’t done any of her workouts since gyms reopened because I just cannot handle how many times she says ‘yeah’ 🤮

I have been doing her workouts since the start of lock down they are really good but now I am really put off I feel she’s going to turn into a Instagram ‘influencer. Just seen a paid ad for her promoting ‘beauty supplements’ and all this crap. I can understand her doing it she gets paid for it but I feel this lockdown has gone to her head a bit of she sees herself as a celeb now

Reactions: 3
I've got her app and I'm doing her 28 day challenge. I'm also a member of her fb group. Her lives throughout lockdown have really helped me and I enjoy some of the recipes on the app.

Someone made a post this morning in the FB about the music and how it's always the same songs and she got absolutely rinsed by Courtneys army about being negative. It was a bit of mob mentality and I don't like that. Girl was expressing her opinion. She ended her statement with about putting her on mute which I thought was a joke but who knows.

I like Courtney but I do think she needs to stop with this whole diet culture. Shes very young and you can tell. Also the ads make me swipe past.... Its very annoying but I guess she is like the rest of these instagrammers etc. Her workouts are fab and she does encourage me to work harder. I wish she'd concentrate on explaining them a bit slower especially the boxing round and maybe concentrate on form more but that's a tiny niggle.

I absolutely love what she’s doing for everyone at the moment! And keeping everyone fit. I do think she deserves to be making a whack out of it.
But I can’t stand her. Agree with the person who said she had a hyper disorder. Some of the stories she posts are just strange!
I agree so much with this. I like her classes and think she is quite a good trainer. Good on her for using this weird time to do something good.
However, omg she grates on me so so much. A few things -
The weird angles / poses she does in front of the camera - basically so it's all tit or all arse?
The annoying phrases she does 'MY ASS IS ON FIREEEE' omg shut the fuck up, so annoying!