Could you marry someone poor/minimum wage?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't let it bother you. We all end up in the ground (or ash but you get my drift) at the end of the day.
I'm hoping to be buried with loads of jewels so people know I am better than them!

On a serious note, you're right, lack of humility is just a bit of pet peeve of mine!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When I met my husband I was 19 & he was 21. He was in a low paid job starting off his career & I was in uni working 2 jobs to support myself and my mum.

We didn’t choose to be together because of earnings, we chose to be together because of shared hobbies, interests & goals for the future. We saved up and bought our first home equally. We are now late 20’s and he’s now a director and earns a lot more than me. He’s also wanting to start his own business.

He hasn’t suddenly decided he’s going to divorce me because I’m on a low wage! He knows there’s way more to me than that!
I can’t even tell you the jobs he’s had. The one he enjoyed the most was working in London working on a really basic wage, but boosted by commission. We were both single parents when we met, and having the kids was what we had in common.
And when we met he had a really good paying job, but he didn’t see his child because he worked shift work (like the police)
He’s also started his own company last year, with my full backing and support. It hasn’t made him a profit yet, but it will do

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Well this is a yucky read.

People generally are a payslip or 2 away from being fucked. Wanting luxury is absolutely fine, punching down isnt.

I couldnt imagine wasting thousands of pounds on a fancy car, for example. But thats important to others. Different strokes innit.
Ah apparently that's a sweeping statement, takes a lot to bring some people down🙄

Some people could do with a dose of living below the breadline through no fault of their own.
I've been there, as has my partner. I've earned more than him and he's earned more than me. And it's never made a bit of difference, life still humbled us and we found ourselves at a food bank needing assistance.
One or two could do with driving their porches to a food bank for some reality.
I'll stick to my low ambition & humble life ✌

Money can't buy love nor happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Based on past experiences, as a woman now in her 50s I wouldn't ever again date someone who earned less than me.

This is not because I'm motivated by money. I drive a 14 year old car I bought for £1500, I shop in Primark. I cut and dye my own hair and always have. Most things in my house were bought 2nd hand. So I don't live some luxurious life, I do ok, but I'm not dining out at the Ivy every week ..

So it doesn't matter to me if someone earns 60k (my salary) or 20k. But what I have learned is that it matters a LOT to men. Every relationship I've had, money has been an issue, because I was the higher earner and they didn't like it. Not because I was flashing the cash, or making them uncomfortable. Just because I earned more, they were so insecure they couldn't deal with it.

In my last relationship my Ex actually earned more than me, but because I own my house and he doesn't (and has zero savings) again he resented me, didn't like the inequality he perceived; so much so that he refused to live with me because he couldn't match my contribution to a house.

So no, in future I'm not wasting my time with men who will end up hating me, and will only date men who own a house outright and are on 60k plus a year. Which I'm sure narrows the pool to basically no one!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And it’s all bullshit anyway…
I could easily say I live a ten bed mansion and have a private jet. No one on here knows who I am, I could in fact live in a shed and not even own a car at all.

anyone can come on here and brag they have it all, but they rarely do. Usually they’re lacking something, like confidence or decent relationships. As above, those who shout the loudest and all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
And it’s all bullshit anyway…
I could easily say I live a ten bed mansion and have a private jet. No one on here knows who I am, I could in fact live in a shed and not even own a car at all.

anyone can come on here and brag they have it all, but they rarely do. Usually they’re lacking something, like confidence or decent relationships. As above, those who shout the loudest and all that.
I could have two kids and am just pretending to be childfree by choice to infiltrate ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
As long as we all respect each others opinions (and don’t drive a focus) we can all live in peace 😉
Bet we didn’t wake up this morning knowing we were going to agree with each other 😂

Opinions are obviously fine, but I whole heartedly disagree with OP 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bet we didn’t wake up this morning knowing we were going to agree with each other 😂

Opinions are obviously fine, but I whole heartedly disagree with OP 😂
Oh yes they’ve got to be decent respectful opinions! Not distasteful judgmental tripe about people shopping in bloody primark of all places 🤣

anyway I’m going to pack, nipping off to Maga in my jet later 🛩

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh yes they’ve got to be decent respectful opinions! Not distasteful judgmental tripe about people shopping in bloody primark of all places 🤣

anyway I’m going to pack, nipping off to Maga in my jet later 🛩
Oh gosh not maga daaahling it has to be Monaco surely! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.