Could you marry someone poor/minimum wage?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow I feel like this thread took a turn since page 1 I was not expecting to come back to this at all πŸ˜‚

NB - I said I wouldn't marry someone on minimum wage, but in the interest of transparency, I've been humbled and scraping from the bottom of the barrel where a loaf of bread felt like it cost a lot of money. I worked incredibly hard to get where I got to and have been able to enjoy the the things I like in life, I know I'm lucky and I thank god for that everyday. Having said that, if I lost it all tomorrow I know I would be fine. I enjoy the trappings that a life with little to no financial limitation can bring and being able to invest but philanthropy and giving back to people will always be at the forefront of what I do.

Tangent but basically, please don't lump the 'no' voters together in this thread not all of us are material driven egomaniacs ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow I feel like this thread took a turn since page 1 I was not expecting to come back to this at all πŸ˜‚

NB - I said I wouldn't marry someone on minimum wage, but in the interest of transparency, I've been humbled and scraping from the bottom of the barrel where a loaf of bread felt like it cost a lot of money. I worked incredibly hard to get where I got to and have been able to enjoy the the things I like in life, I know I'm lucky and I thank god for that everyday. Having said that, if I lost it all tomorrow I know I would be fine. I enjoy the trappings that a life with little to no financial limitation can bring and being able to invest but philanthropy and giving back to people will always be at the forefront of what I do.

Tangent but basically, please don't lump the 'no' voters together in this thread not all of us are material driven egomaniacs ✌
Don’t worry. The few posts on page 1 were fine. OP has taken things to the extreme πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ford Focus?? But I have nothing to wear in a Ford Focus dahhhhling!! 😳

Good grief. All I can think is that the OP here is very young and needs a healthy dose of humility. Best piece of advice I ever had was be careful who you tread on on your way up, you might have to pass them again on the way down.

Reactions: 10
Ford Focus?? But I have nothing to wear in a Ford Focus dahhhhling!! 😳

Good grief. All I can think is that the OP here is very young and needs a healthy dose of humility. Best piece of advice I ever had was be careful who you tread on on your way up, you might have to pass them again on the way down.
Similar to the advice I always got told, treat those with respect as you climb the ladder as if you fall they won't be there otherwise

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Don’t worry. The few posts on page 1 were fine. OP has taken things to the extreme πŸ˜‚
Honestly its giving narcissism πŸ˜‚

I worry for people who think that way, you can lose it all. Poster above might not think it from the gilded cage but it happens, happened to me. The rug can be ripped right out from underneath you and only people with humility and the ability to adapt get through it.

We're all striving for the same thing in life whether you aim to make 30k or 300k per year, we all just want to be truly happy at the end of the day

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sitting on the floor to build a 3D bookend so went an put on my PRIMARK age 14 sweatpaints on (I refuse to pay adult prices when my short ass can fit in kids an they are the same things πŸ˜‚) am sure OP would have a fit over relaxing with Primark bottoms on πŸ˜‚ but I can say they are 10000% more comfy than any Β£500 designer bottoms

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.