Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconut_escape

Do people mostly save up for this? Or was it already affordable?

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!
I just paid for it but most places offer finance if you need it.

Reactions: 1

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
@Iced Coffee I'm pondering a face lift and nose-job - can both procedures happen same-time so as to only go under general anaesthetic once?
I've always wondered this too, would love to be put under and have my nose done plus my eyes lasered at the same time. Feel like waking up with perfect sight might detract a bit from the pain of the nose job 😂

petitspois

VIP Member
I've had botox once and also coolscupting on my midriff. Botox worked but coolsculpting did absolutely NOTHING at all.

I follow several accounts on Insta and think I've got used to what can and can't be done now. I think I need tear trough filler. I am planning to book in with a local-ish clinic after lockdown for general advice as I accept the things we think we need are often different to what would work best.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I was talking to someone who has an aggressive breast cancer gene, so she has to have both breasts removed in time. They have offered her implants or fat transfer, but fat transfer has more risks and is a lot more dangerous apparently 😳

Sparklesurprise

Chatty Member
So I’ve had fat freeze - waste of time. Would debate aqualyx fat dissolving injections if my chin doesn’t go as I lose weight. I’ve had cheek and lip fillers and Botox. Probs wouldn’t bother with the fillers again but I can’t live without Botox. Oh and I’ve had tear trough fillers which are subtle but make a difference!

Has anyone had baby Botox?
Used to have baby Botox in my early 20s. Loved it, now I get two areas

What minor and expensive surgery procedure can I do to tighten up a jaw line? I am in my late 30s, only one side appears to have a slackness, mini jowel and its the side I have no teeth. And although I've shed a couple of stone, it has really aged me in the face, so I am interested in something which doesn't alter my appearance too dramatically, just more to rejuvenate. Would tear trough filler be any good for this?
I’ve heard good things about profhilo for like an all over rejuvenation, and for jaw lines I’ve seen hifu but haven’t tried it myself so can’t say but might be worth looking into? I’ve had tear trough filler and it’s very subtle but I felt it’s helped the little lines under my eyes for sure, where Botox couldn’t quite reach x

spannermarie

I'm a copywriter for a marketing firm that specializes in plastic surgery, so I know most current cosmetic treatments front to back. Saw someone earlier in the thread mention the "under the chin injections" for fat reduction. I'd 100% not recommend those. Painful, awkward, not worth the money. Even the surgeons themselves laugh about how awful the treatment is haha

I'd also be happy to answer any questions people might have! I write about this stuff all day for a living.
@Iced Coffee I'm pondering a face lift and nose-job - can both procedures happen same-time so as to only go under general anaesthetic once?

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
There’s this new (relatively new?) thing of having the hollow spaces, if one is unfortunate enough to have that, under the eyes injected with filler. I like the results it gives but I’m in two minds whether to have it done, as I have seen some scare stories.
Tear trough filler? I’ve seen some great results from this but like with any filler I think you need to choose carefully where you go. One of my friends had it done by a local Botox/filler girl and she used too much filler. She ended up with terrible bruising and had to go and have it dissolved!

That’s the same with anything though really, you just have to look into the injector and make sure it’s someone experienced

Homebird44

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of my nose, id like it to look a bit narrower. I wouldn't have anything else tbh. I'm 45, I have a few wrinkles and they don't bother me. We have lost a few people in our family at a young ages and they would have loved to live to 45.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’ve had botox (aged 30/31) and although I loved the results I’ve actually not been too bothered about my wrinkles coming back over lockdown. I’m not even sure at this point that I’d get it again, I spend a lot of time in a face mask and I need to be able to move my eyebrows to convey any sort of expression! Maybe in a year or so I’ll get it again but at the moment I don’t really care as I’m not going anywhere anyway 🤷‍♀️

Over the years I contemplated a boob job but never really wanted one enough to put up with the pain/recovery. I think the only thing that would make me get one now was If I have kids and breastfeed and my boobs get even smaller or empty looking. Otherwise I’m fine with being small.

barada9

I've had body contouring. Noy cool sculpting though. The body contouring was like a suction thing, infer red thing and hot thing. It was really good. I've had love handles and a little belly pooch my whole life and it's all gone. So there are other options that cool sculpting, because thought the same as you about it.

I've got a consultation next week about my neck and chin and she hinted fat reduction injections and skin tightening. So I'll up date on how it goes.
Hello,

Was the body contouring a surgical procedure or infrared light thing? I was interested in cool sculpting, but if there's a chance it can cause body fat to double I wouldnt take the risk

derbyshiregirl

I'm a copywriter for a marketing firm that specializes in plastic surgery, so I know most current cosmetic treatments front to back. Saw someone earlier in the thread mention the "under the chin injections" for fat reduction. I'd 100% not recommend those. Painful, awkward, not worth the money. Even the surgeons themselves laugh about how awful the treatment is haha

I'd also be happy to answer any questions people might have! I write about this stuff all day for a living.
Ah I was considering the under chin injections but you’ve made me rethink it now. What would you recommend instead then? X

GlowGirlGlowwww

VIP Member
Only just discovered this thread. Ive had lip fillers but are pretty subtle, veneers and am booked in for tear trough fillers. I would consider other things if I were unhappy and felt it would make me feel better about myself. At present Im pretty content but most of my friends have had 'tweakments' and the sort of work done that you wouldn't necessarily think 'wow they've had X done' but just that they look good. Im all for making yourself feel good as long as its for the right reasons, why not :)

justhavingamooch

I don’t mind plastic surgery/fillers/tattoos/body mods of any kind. I think it’s cool. Don’t have any myself but I would have some minor tweaks done myself if I could afford it (see: wasn’t so stingy). £20k on looking a bit better is a LOT of money. And then there’s the pain and the scars and the risk of looking shite. I’d never want it to look like I’d had surgery. And that’s where you need to hire someone extremely expensive who can do something subtle. Think I’d rather just hire a gigolo and pay him to say I’m pretty 😆 the only time I’d seriously cough up for surgery is if I was in pain (boob reduction is tempting) or damaged (does stress-face from being a mum count as damage? Yes. Yes it does. All hail the mummy makeover).

• Haha

Gold_7

Chatty Member
Do people mostly save up for this? Or was it already affordable?

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
How did you find out about yours being recalled? I only found out because a friend of mine who has the same as me went to see a consultant about having hers removed purely because she wanted to. The consultant then told her that it might sway her decision if she knew that they were recalled back in 2019. So really I’d be none the wiser if my friend hadn’t of gone to that appointment. It hasn’t been cheap having them removed either, if I had them removed and nothing else done then I would’ve been able to have them done on the NHS for free, this would no doubt be a long wait. It has ended up costing me double what it did having them put in. Glad they are out though and I don’t have that worry anymore.
I found out from Google! My initial surgeon never contacted me about them. I’d have been none the wiser otherwise. Yeah the cost is crazy and around the same as my original surgery (I had implants and an uplift before). I need to bite the bullet and get it booked in but I’m scared of the general anaesthetic this time around cos I’ve got a son now and my risk appetite has gone right down! I’ve saved the money to get it done so will do this year hopefully but I’m waiting for work to calm down a bit first and maybe summer hols so I don’t have to stress about school run etc.

Aha

Anyone know much or have had profhilo
My sister has had it and I have to say her skin looks ace - reduced wrinkles, really plump and glowy. But I have seen reviews saying it does nothing so I'm not sure if the results are quite variable. Am currently contemplating it myself I think it's probably worth a go.

coconut_escape

Thank you! I'm having semi permanent eyeliner in 2 weeks.... I must be mad 🤣. Yeah the electrolysis is just a bit too stabby feeling especially around the nostril area!
I’ve had SP eyeliner - it’s really not that bad. The numbing cream they have these days are really good, I’ve had it done on 3 separate occasions and it only really starts getting proper ouchy towards the end each time - they went over each side 3 or 4 times.
Make sure your not hungry as it always hurts worse if you are !!