Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I'm a copywriter for a marketing firm that specializes in plastic surgery, so I know most current cosmetic treatments front to back. Saw someone earlier in the thread mention the "under the chin injections" for fat reduction. I'd 100% not recommend those. Painful, awkward, not worth the money. Even the surgeons themselves laugh about how awful the treatment is haha

I'd also be happy to answer any questions people might have! I write about this stuff all day for a living.
What would you suggest for jowls and a very wrinkly neck. My face otherwise isn’t bad - thanks

Reactions: 1

Loulou_23

VIP Member
I’ve had filler a few times in the last 4 years but not taken it to the point some of these influencers have! Ive only ever had 1ml and the last time I last it was around a year ago. Want to get them done again but with covid I’ll probably wait till next year.

I’m wary of Botox and filler in other areas of my face just coz I think once you start it’s something you want all the time, but in saying that I’d never say never!

I also had a boob job in my early 20s which I don’t regret at all!

I think if it helps someone feel better then go for it! As long as you do your research and think long and hard, go with a good doctor who won’t make you look ridiculous then each to their own.

i’m recovering from a tummy tuck with bilateral flank lipo right now and holy shit it is rough 😩 hopefully the results will be worth it! it’s definitely more painful than i imagined it would be.

what can i get to reduce the pores on my face? i have really big ones on my nose that id especially love to get rid of!

oddsock17

I've actually gone and done it now and had 2 sessions. You're right, not a huge difference seen yet which is really annoying.
I would definitely complain. I did and got my money back. Way too many claims made about it's effectiveness. Something to keep in mind if you see any deals near you are thread lifts. They can lift up that whole area as sometimes it's not just fat, it's sagging. Also if your face isn't too wide already a little bit, and I stress a little bit, of jawline filler around that area can do wonders for making that area look slimmer. Only from a really good practitioner though as otherwise you can end up with a face like David Coulthard

coconut_escape

oh good, thankfully i’m not going to belgium! that’s a shame you had to have it redone it must have cost a fortune 😞

hopefully i will be like you and this will put my smoking days behind me! 🤞🏻
Love to hear how your journey goes - btw I also had lipo to my flanks and lower back and this still looks great. However be warned if you gain weight it goes to other near areas so my boobs grew quite a bit - went from a 34D to 36FF !!

• Heart

Gossipgirl92

Chatty Member
My skin looks very “tired”? I’m late 40s and feel I often look quite grey.
I feel I just need a brighten up really?
I have some lines round my eyes which to be honest I don’t mind, and my forehead quite smooth. I just need a bit of a lift?! What would you all recommend please?🥰
I’d recommend profhilo x

Lisdiz

VIP Member
I've had filler in my jawline and a bit in my chin. I always felt like my chin was slightly set back and was thinking about a chin implant. However the surgeon I went to see said that he doesn't like chin implants as they can look unnatural. So I decided to try filler first. It looks amazing! Profile is much more balanced, jaw is more slightly defined but in a really subtle way. No funny angles. If you are in the North east I can give you the name of a fabulous practitioner. She only does natural and has turned people away who want the really defined obvious look.
See that’s what I want. Unfortunately not I. The NE. South West, but that sounds amazing. I feel my jawline really ages me.

Blakelycakey

I have Botox and my bunny lines filled. I also had lip filler but hated it! Only had 1ml I have large lips anyway and looked like a duck! So had it dissolved.
I don’t want to look young or be unable to move my face. I just don’t want to look tired! I’m quite interested in the mini threads in the face as my face has fallen quite a bit. I’m 34 at the moment so probably not something I’d have done now but I’m a few years. If I had the money and I wasn’t freaked my surgery, i like my body but after three kids, I would definitely have lipo and a boob uplift. I’m have slim legs, arms and waist but I have a spare tire that just won’t go 🙁

ATV2021

VIP Member
Yes, tried aqualux and it did nothing. Same with cool sculpting!
Cool sculpting is naff and expensive. Did nothing except bruise me!

I'm looking into semi permanent eyeliner at the moment.... has anyone had this and does it hurt? Lol

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
What’s Botox, or other alternatives , like for the forehead? And lip filler?
Also, has anyone ever had work on their chin and jawline? Of so how was that?
I've had filler in my jawline and a bit in my chin. I always felt like my chin was slightly set back and was thinking about a chin implant. However the surgeon I went to see said that he doesn't like chin implants as they can look unnatural. So I decided to try filler first. It looks amazing! Profile is much more balanced, jaw is more slightly defined but in a really subtle way. No funny angles. If you are in the North east I can give you the name of a fabulous practitioner. She only does natural and has turned people away who want the really defined obvious look.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Update on jaw botox - it has kicked in and I'm waiting for the muscles to shrink, my face does look broadly the same. However I definitely clenched and ground my teeth far more than I realised, because already my toothache is basically gone! Considering how nightmarish it can be to get a dentist here I am very pleased that the pain is gone. Hopefully the facial slimming will come along soon.

I'm planning to just get a little bit in my forehead next, but I'm querying getting a brow lift at the same time. Anyone got any experiences of doing this and whether it was effective?

Marie20w0

Breast implants (small implants, nobody knows unless I tell them) and saving up for a nose job.

Non surgical - I've had my lips done and would consider botox in the future. Had my eyebrows microbladed and lip blush too.

slippyfrog

I’ve had Botox and fillers in my marionette lines mouth to chin. It looks great , best thing I ever did and really boosted my confidence.
id really to try Lumi eyes, anyone had that ?

ATV2021

VIP Member
Depends what you want but if the bump is what you want to go then yes it'll be mostly on the boney part. I only had a very small amount in the fleshy part. It's a bit swollen and I do have a little bruise where the bump was but nothing I can't cover with makeup.

I did put my glasses back on though and they didn't sit the same without the bump. 😅 I'm getting used to it now though!
Nearly 2 years on from you having it done, I finally braved it. Forgetting how badly I swell and bruise at absolutely everything so I may aswell have had the full blown Rhinoplasty 😆 the aesthetics lady even came round to see how I was in person hahaha luckily (or not?) it's just mad swelling and bruising... can't take ibuprofen so I'm giving sudocrem and arnica a whirl to try help as I don't think makeup will help me here for a few days 😆

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Take a look at Iain Whitaker’s insta account at cosmetic_surgery_wales. His results look amazing, based in Swansea.
Wow I'm really impressed! Not too far away from me either. I like that he breaks down his prices, and seems to answer all questions

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Has anyone ever had masseter botox to slim the jawline? I'm going for a consultation, not entirely set on specifically that but I want a slimmer lower face, tighter jaw, and more attractive side profile. Just subtle things really.