Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I’m interested in it but not to the point of getting any myself. This may come off as catty, but I honestly haven’t seen any real-life Botox/fillers examples that look good.

A woman in her 50’s with fillers doesn’t look younger, she looks like a woman in her 50’s with fillers.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I’ve had breast implants and uplift 9’years ago now. I lost 10.5 stone and totally lost my boobs and hated my body so i got the implants to make my body in proportion and no one aside my mum and my partner knows or has ever suspected. I am pleased with the results and have so far had no issues since and breastfed my son so no problems there either. Never regretted the decision.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

coconut_escape

These are before and afters of my upper eyelid surgery 2 years ago - best thing ever !! Not the best pics but should get the idea
51986547-17FA-4769-8766-C1CA7F636B82.jpeg
4E854C83-469D-4BA4-AE0D-2881575644C8.jpeg
6F631A53-3F3A-4966-941B-C0C01678E74C.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

BigQueenEnergy

I've had botox and fillers and I regretted both. Botox gave me a horrible migraine for a week and made my eyebrows look strange. Fillers made me look like a pillow face. Also, don't get fillers in Harley St London. The girl hit a nerve in my face and I couldn't close my eye.

I got my ears pinned back but I got it reversed and had the stitches removed because I got an infection.

I got all of these things done because my ex constantly put me down for my appearance. I felt so unattractive with him. I got rid of him and now I'm back to my natural self and much happier :) Would never, ever, get anything done again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

totallytaz

Chatty Member
It sounds silly but I use to think that a nose job was simply the sanding down the cartilage on the bridge, which somehow remained scar-free when healed. Now I understand that the reason there’s no visible scars is because surgeons actually have to cut the septum and nostrils and go under the nose that way to then do the op. That in itself puts me off.
Can’t add to my original post so here’s a diagram.
752E7DDA-731E-4B32-AD57-93375D733339.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
After accidentally punching myself in the mouth (tried to pull blanket up further blanket slipped from my hands and yeah punched myself in the kisser) i quite like the look of my lips so i think id get those done

• Haha
Reactions: 13

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I’d love a nose job but so scared of the pain
It sounds silly but I use to think that a nose job was simply the sanding down the cartilage on the bridge, which somehow remained scar-free when healed. Now I understand that the reason there’s no visible scars is because surgeons actually have to cut the septum and nostrils and go under the nose that way to then do the op. That in itself puts me off.

• Wow
  • Sick

Iced Coffee

I'm a copywriter for a marketing firm that specializes in plastic surgery, so I know most current cosmetic treatments front to back. Saw someone earlier in the thread mention the "under the chin injections" for fat reduction. I'd 100% not recommend those. Painful, awkward, not worth the money. Even the surgeons themselves laugh about how awful the treatment is haha

I'd also be happy to answer any questions people might have! I write about this stuff all day for a living.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Good cosmetic work doesn't stand out, the person just looks good/better. I've seen loads of lip fillers that look beautiful but not necessarily filled, just a touch fuller. I think the difficulty is the person on the receiving end just can't see themselves as others do so can't tell when they've gone over the top.

Reactions: 10

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
I got my nose done (cosmetic) about 8 years ago - best decision I ever made and wish I had done it much sooner. Mine was "closed" surgery so no scarring. Wasn't cheap though but cost per year has been worth it so far :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Ummmkay

Had botox in September and a boob job in October, never felt better about myself, I say go for it if it makes you happy 👏😊

Reactions: 9

Pambo

I thought about under-the-chin liposuction to get my jawline back... then lost 2st last year, and hey-presto, it magically returned (along with my waistline).

But not quite to where I was at in my 20s, so I still do think on having filler, but then those great "before & after" pics I see, seem a little too good to be true, or just down to filler alone, and I worry about fecking myself up right royally with that shit.

I am still mulling it over, though.

Reactions: 8

eggbutty

Haven't had anything done but I'd like to have my eyelid skin reduced. I hate having hooded eyes.

Maybe liposuction on my thighs, they never seem to reduce in size even when I've lost weight.

Also, if there was anything that could be done to make me taller that'd be brilliant!!
I know there is this procedure, however I don't fancy it somehow 😬
20210608_230756.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow

Mamacita

VIP Member
Well that's the thing, people mostly notice enhancements that are badly done and don't even know people had something done if it looks natural, then think all procedures make people look bad. I remember there was a thread on reddit when a guy was extremely unhappy with his girlfriend because she got lip fillers. He said it looked horrible (it was just done and it was swollen) and said he doesn't find her attractive anymore. Eventually she admitted shes had fillers since before they met and he never realised.

• Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I have lip fillers and a minor nose job to fix the kink in my nose. It was not a full nose job it was more to fix a small issue.

I wanted a boob job when younger, but I actually like being flat chested.

Before Covid hit I was doing research on getting a blepharoplasty to even out my eyes as one eyelid is raised higher than the other. So if I end up getting the procedure, I’ll tell you how it went.

I'd like to look better & improve a few things lol but cosmetic surgery isn't the route for me because I've never seen a person that looks good with cosmetic surgery.

Breast implants look ridiculous on skinny people. They look like 2 melons on a skeleton.

Bum implants look like they have a big square "lazy arse" from sitting down all day

Facelifts give them chinese eyes, a stretched mouth and scars around their hairline & ears Nothing wrong with chinese eyes, but it wasnt their aim

Lipfillers - the worst. I've never seen a person with lipfillers that looks good but their convinced they look gorgeous, luscious & juicy lipped. It just looks ugly in my opinion. The filler goes above the lip outline. They all end up with sores & dry scabbiness or bumps after a while. Any guy i have ever spoke to about it says they absolutely hate lip fillers on women. A lot have said it looks like their trashy, cheap & easy even if the girl is nice. I get what they mean tho.

Tattooed eyebrows - Why why why. Youd say something if they got a natural brow but these big thick black manly slugs across their forehead. They are going to look back at photos in a few years and dieeeee of shame

Seen so many people get cosmetic procedures and ruin their face and actually made themselves look worse unfortunately. And most i know have regretted it. I think the money would be better spent on therapy learning to love & accept themselves. But im not against corrective surgery, after an accident or something.
I am sorry but this is the third thread I’ve seen you in today and it’s also the third time today I have seen you talk badly about cosmetic surgery, this isn’t the thread for it.

prinsld

People can choose to look how they like just because you wouldn’t personally make that choice. i didn’t get lip fillers for no man lol. maybe you should invest in therapy to realise other peoples appearances ain’t any of your business

I'd like to look better & improve a few things lol but cosmetic surgery isn't the route for me because I've never seen a person that looks good with cosmetic surgery.

Breast implants look ridiculous on skinny people. They look like 2 melons on a skeleton.

Bum implants look like they have a big square "lazy arse" from sitting down all day

Facelifts give them chinese eyes, a stretched mouth and scars around their hairline & ears Nothing wrong with chinese eyes, but it wasnt their aim

Lipfillers - the worst. I've never seen a person with lipfillers that looks good but their convinced they look gorgeous, luscious & juicy lipped. It just looks ugly in my opinion. The filler goes above the lip outline. They all end up with sores & dry scabbiness or bumps after a while. Any guy i have ever spoke to about it says they absolutely hate lip fillers on women. A lot have said it looks like their trashy, cheap & easy even if the girl is nice. I get what they mean tho.

Tattooed eyebrows - Why why why. Youd say something if they got a natural brow but these big thick black manly slugs across their forehead. They are going to look back at photos in a few years and dieeeee of shame

Seen so many people get cosmetic procedures and ruin their face and actually made themselves look worse unfortunately. And most i know have regretted it. I think the money would be better spent on therapy learning to love & accept themselves. But im not against corrective surgery, after an accident or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

coconut_escape

Just be a little circumspect with companies like MYA as the first people you have consultations with are normally just sales people who don’t have any medical training - and often work on a commission basis …..

Veilside

Chatty Member
Currently laying in my bed recovering from having my implants removed and a breast lift yesterday.
Found out early January that the type of implants I had were recalled in 2019, I had mine put in 2011. There was cases of cancer associated with them.
Didn’t want another implant as could be in the same situation again so went with a lift.
Must say I have hardly any pain, can move my arms freely, boobs just feel tender and tight. Nothing like when I had the implants done. So glad I have had this done, from what I can see they look perfect!