Cosmetic surgery/procedures - have you/would you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had filler and Botox
- lip filler
- lip flip
- cheek filler
- jaw filler
- chin filler
- masseter Botox (for teeth grinding, but it did really slim my face aha)

Reactions: 3
I’ve had
Breast implants
Veneers
Semi perm tattoo eyebrow
Lip filler
Lip flip
Botox
- Would like liposuction on thighs and j plasma on stomach

Reactions: 2
Would love to know details if anyone here has had a BBL. You hear about the dangers or see the over the top ones so it'd be interesting to hear actual experiences esp ones that are a little more natural looking.

Also interested to hear about experiences with liposuction and breast lifts!
I think if you find a surgeon who does ultrasound at same time as BBL you'll be okay. It's safer than other methods as they can see where the fat is when they're removing or putting it back in.

Has anyone here had composite bonding on their teeth as an alternative to veneers? Heard good and bad. It can stain easily and needs polished often as it goes dull and matte and unnatural looking
---
Anyone had a thread lift on their body? I had some around my bellybutton and above the knees but not impressed with the results so far (2 months on)

Reactions: 1
I think if you find a surgeon who does ultrasound at same time as BBL you'll be okay. It's safer than other methods as they can see where the fat is when they're removing or putting it back in.

Has anyone here had composite bonding on their teeth as an alternative to veneers? Heard good and bad. It can stain easily and needs polished often as it goes dull and matte and unnatural looking
---
Anyone had a thread lift on their body? I had some around my bellybutton and above the knees but not impressed with the results so far (2 months on)
I had composite bonding 2 years ago and had no problem with staining. And i drink ridiculous amounts of tea and coffee. The actual bonding shouldn’t stain at all. The problem is people get bright white bonding and then their natural teeth stain and the bonding doesn’t look right. But so far I’m really happy with the results would definitely recommend it

Reactions: 4
I had composite bonding 2 years ago and had no problem with staining. And i drink ridiculous amounts of tea and coffee. The actual bonding shouldn’t stain at all. The problem is people get bright white bonding and then their natural teeth stain and the bonding doesn’t look right. But so far I’m really happy with the results would definitely recommend it
Amazing! Thank you for sharing. Do you need to get it polished every so often?

I’ve had veneers one my two front teeth
Botox on my forehead and frown lines (amazing result)
Nose job (also amazing result)

I have had a full set of crowns, done 4 years ago in India and they are amazing. Nothing like Turkey teeth and look very natural. Also have my eyebrows microbladed and would love a face lift but been told not safe with the medication I have to take.

No I need to go for some consultations. The prices I’ve seen online are often with a tummy tuck. But I’d just like the j plasma to tighten post pregnancy skin
I've just started body contouring to try and deal with my post baby skin. 3 pregnancies went from 6 to 16 and back down to a 6 again, so I've got pretty bad lose belly skin.

If it goes well I'm gonna get her to do my neck as I've got some lose skin there too.

If non surgical doesn't work I'm gonna have a mini neck lift.

• Heart
There is a young lady I have followed on and off for about four years now. I don’t want to mention her name because I don’t want to affect her mental health in any way. She had severe cystic acne and has been left with very deep rolling scars all over her face, probably the worst I have seen tbh. She went on Accutane to kill off the acne, but this does leave your sebaceous glands basically dead, so her skin is now very dry. I noticed she was doing micro needling at home even back when the acne was active, absolutely crazy because it’s given her even more scars. She had a course of laser treatments, the more shallow type ones, and professional microneedling, also the thing where they cut through the scar tissue to loosen it, subcision I think it’s called. She got a lot of hype for herself on IG, everyone would tell her to do something different that would “get rid” of the scars, and she ended up having a fully ablative laser with a guy called Dr H Consult, who makes quite wild claims about his success with acne scar reduction, I believe he may have given her a discount for the IG exposure she got him. It was a very invasive, aggressive treatment with huge swelling, but this poor girl was convinced she would have near to perfect skin after the treatment. Anyway three years have passed and I just checked in on her and she now admits that this treatment did not achieve anything. I’m sorry to see that her scars are as bad as ever. She has also been left with broken veins all over her face and she had some lumps (blood clots?) under the skin, hopefully those have gone now though I’m not sure. She is still micro needling 😞 From memory I think she spent maybe as much as £20,000 on her skin. How sobering is that.

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks so I was really interested to see what her outcome would be, I would have considered having it done had her results been good. I have heard that laser treatments can leave you with grid patterned thermal burns that never fade, also anything that swells your skin is super bad and your skin may never recover from that. I have never microneedled and never would having seen what it’s done to her :( I feel my scars look a lot better for being well looked after with gentle skincare and left alone for the most part. Seems like the more you mess with them, the worse they get.

Just to note: Dr H has had a warning placed on his practice for substandard patient care. This is a comment I read about him: “In case anyone considers going to see this guy - don’t. He’s not a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I had [Taylor Laser] and he ruined my face, the swelling never went down and I now have jowls and aged 10 years. Don’t do it.”

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Just that really. Have you had any cosmetic surgery or injectables/ non invasive cosmetic stuff? If not, would you?

I’ve never had cosmetic surgery myself but I’m not against the idea of getting some Botox or fillers when I’m older. I have also thought about getting a breast reduction one day.

I also find things like the injections Gemma Collins had to dissolve her chin fat kind of interesting - anyone had anything like that?
I got a small amount of filler in my chin around a year ago. It just made me look fresher rather than puffy. I’d have it done again.

I had braces as an adult which came with composite bonding bc my teeth were small. I don’t regret it at all tbh. It looks extremely natural

I’m quite interested in getting coolsculpting under my chin but Im worried about getting that thing that happened to Linda Evangelista. I saw a picture of myself from about 7 years ago where I was gaunt except under my chin and it upset me a bit because at the time I thought I was fat bc of the chin thing. I didn’t realise that i was actually underweight. It really is crazy how much one thing can distort your body image

I had braces as an adult which came with composite bonding bc my teeth were small. I don’t regret it at all tbh. It looks extremely natural

I’m quite interested in getting coolsculpting under my chin but Im worried about getting that thing that happened to Linda Evangelista. I saw a picture of myself from about 7 years ago where I was gaunt except under my chin and it upset me a bit because at the time I thought I was fat bc of the chin thing. I didn’t realise that i was actually underweight. It really is crazy how much one thing can distort your body image
I've had body contouring. Noy cool sculpting though. The body contouring was like a suction thing, infer red thing and hot thing. It was really good. I've had love handles and a little belly pooch my whole life and it's all gone. So there are other options that cool sculpting, because thought the same as you about it.

I've got a consultation next week about my neck and chin and she hinted fat reduction injections and skin tightening. So I'll up date on how it goes.

• Heart
Anyone considering Botox/fillers have a read through Insta page @nevertox & have a wee think first. After some research I can't do it again & will stick with my new best friends Frownies

Currently laying in my bed recovering from having my implants removed and a breast lift yesterday.
Found out early January that the type of implants I had were recalled in 2019, I had mine put in 2011. There was cases of cancer associated with them.
Didn’t want another implant as could be in the same situation again so went with a lift.
Must say I have hardly any pain, can move my arms freely, boobs just feel tender and tight. Nothing like when I had the implants done. So glad I have had this done, from what I can see they look perfect!

Reactions: 7
Currently laying in my bed recovering from having my implants removed and a breast lift yesterday.
Found out early January that the type of implants I had were recalled in 2019, I had mine put in 2011. There was cases of cancer associated with them.
Didn’t want another implant as could be in the same situation again so went with a lift.
Must say I have hardly any pain, can move my arms freely, boobs just feel tender and tight. Nothing like when I had the implants done. So glad I have had this done, from what I can see they look perfect!
Hope you have a good recovery.

I keep putting of my explant & fat transfer. My implants weren’t recalled but no longer manufactured. Coming up to 10 years since they went in so I was advised by a surgeon I saw in the summer to get a MRI scan first to check all ok as I can leave them in if so.

I need to book in for my explant. I had mine in at the same time as you and mine are recalled ones too. glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience with it.

I need to book in for my explant. I had mine in at the same time as you and mine are recalled ones too. glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience with it.
How did you find out about yours being recalled? I only found out because a friend of mine who has the same as me went to see a consultant about having hers removed purely because she wanted to. The consultant then told her that it might sway her decision if she knew that they were recalled back in 2019. So really I’d be none the wiser if my friend hadn’t of gone to that appointment. It hasn’t been cheap having them removed either, if I had them removed and nothing else done then I would’ve been able to have them done on the NHS for free, this would no doubt be a long wait. It has ended up costing me double what it did having them put in. Glad they are out though and I don’t have that worry anymore.