Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live alone and have only been in the house for 7 weeks (in a new town) so I feel very isolated & lonely. I facetime my friends & family but I miss having people around me, I just want a hug 😂. I have a history of mental health problems so this is making me very low & anxious :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hello!
I live alone, have no kids/partner, but still going to work as I'm a key worker. That is somewhat keeping me sane. I'm a massive introvert with social anxiety but not sure I could manage 3 weeks at home alone!

Reactions: 9
Gosh I am really very sad today and very alone. I’ve mentioned before it’s my birthday soon and my dad text me saying he could not get me a card because all the shops were shut... nice. Last time I checked you could get cards in all the supermarkets. This is him all over.
To make it worse my mum who I spend every birthday with is in hospital and I won’t be seeing her obviously. So it’s all tit and I just seem to cry most of the day. Everything seems so hopeless. I know birthdays are not everything but it just makes it all the more lonely to know you’ll be by yourself. My dad obviously knows mum is ill and I’m alone so you would think you’d make a little effort wouldn’t you.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Gosh I am really very sad today and very alone. I’ve mentioned before it’s my birthday soon and my dad text me saying he could not get me a card because all the shops were shut... nice. Last time I checked you could get cards in all the supermarkets. This is him all over.
To make it worse my mum who I spend every birthday with is in hospital and I won’t be seeing her obviously. So it’s all tit and I just seem to cry most of the day. Everything seems so hopeless. I know birthdays are not everything but it just makes it all the more lonely to know you’ll be by yourself. My dad obviously knows mum is ill and I’m alone so you would think you’d make a little effort wouldn’t you.
Unfortunately, there is no accounting for other peoples actions sometimes. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling so low today. We are all here for you on this thread.

Reactions: 5
I hope you have the best birthday you can in the circumstances x

How we all doing?
It’s the evenings I can’t stand.
I’ve kept myself busy all day but this time of night is the worst. I’m homeschooling, decorating, gardening and working as I’m a key worker. I’m terrified of getting it.
The house smells of paint and I keep worrying because I have a tickle in my throat and keep coughing (I’m OK) I just psychologically think this is it I can’t breathe and it escalates.
I’m being stupid. I did pop out on Tuesday for groceries but even that freaked me out.

Reactions: 8
I can’t stand the morning. Waking up to a full day to fill, I don’t find the evenings so bad as the routine is usually the same anyway and then I can always go to bed early.

Anybody there....

I’m feeling very anxious this evening
My hearts racing
I feel like I can’t breathe

Can somebody help me please
How do I calm down
What do I do?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Anybody there....

I’m feeling very anxious this evening
My hearts racing
I feel like I can’t breathe

Can somebody help me please
How do I calm down
What do I do?
hey 👋 take a deep breath. Is there anything you enjoy that relaxes you? How about have a nice bath ? Take a walk for some fresh air? Put on a funny film or tv show. It’s hard to switch off I know.

hey 👋 take a deep breath. Is there anything you enjoy that relaxes you? How about have a nice bath ? Take a walk for some fresh air? Put on a funny film or tv show. It’s hard to switch off I know.
I just can’t stop shaking.
I’ve calmed down abIt. I sat outside looked at the stars in the sky.

Reactions: 3
I just can’t stop shaking.
I’ve calmed down abIt. I sat outside looked at the stars in the sky.
it’s the simple things like looking at the night sky. I have been a mess for days. I take beta blockers for physical symptoms of anxiety. I can’t take antidepressants due to the side effects. I have gone from 1 a day to 3 a day and the weight is falling off me. However today it’s like I have had a good inner shake and I went into the garden and just done some weeding, cleaning and tidying and tomorrow I’m going to paint the fence. I been thinking of getting a dog for the last few years but I always stopped myself thinking I won’t be able to go on holiday as much, my house wont be as clean and tidy as it’s now etc. Since this situation as happened I said to my husband screw it. All those things we thought was important isn't- it’s the simple things in life. Walking along the beach with a dog, looking at the stars, gardening, reading a book etc. Anything that makes you smile. Im determined to live simply with less stuff,
I have babbled now but the point I’m trying to make is our emotional health is just important as our physical health. You take care ok and take each day as it comes. Be kind to yourself. This difficult time will pass x

Reactions: 9
Hello from West London. Anybody else from this area?

I feel so sad when I look back at how life was a year ago. Exactly in March 2019 I had just gotten a pay raise, moved into a new flat, was looking forward to my family coming over to spend Easter together. I was on top of the world. I could never imagine life would change so drastically 1 year later :cry::( living by myself doesn't help in this crisis.

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that a few of you are struggling today. I'm no professional just a 22 year old lassie who's struggled with mental health issues myself but I will try my best to listen and support all of you. Anyone feel free to message me if you need someone to to talk to as much as we can have friends & family sometimes we can feel guilty for calling them too often, being a burden or that they just won't understand. I will be here to listen to you.

When I was struggling in the homeless I had a support worker who told me of these different techniques and ways of thinking that can help when you are struggling and for a long time I did roll my eyes at it and think how is me writing down five things I'm grateful for going to cure my anxiety? And I was right it didn't but it did give me some happiness just to take a few minutes to think of the things in life I appreciate. I'm not one to preach and if you think it's all a load of shite then that's totally cool too but maybe just think of things you have done before that you can do in the house that you might still enjoy. Try to not let the news consume you and remind yourself of the positive stories an 87 year old man in the UK who had been in hospital has recovered and went home today! (was going to make a thread for the good news stories only don't know if anyone would be interested in another CV thread though?).

Try to establish a routine if you think that would help you. These timetables and checklists don't have to only be for the kids 😂 Take a moment to make sure you are eating well, catching up with people, doing something relaxing like a nice long bath or do some drawing. Even if it's something you perhaps haven't done before like writing a song, poem, story. I love creative writing my poems are very cringey but will post if anyone is interested haha. Spring clean and get a bag ready of clothes and things to donate to a charity shop when this is all over. Learning a new skill could keep you busy I've seen that there are free online classes to learn sign language. Think of good ways you could use this time and when you look back on it will think yes it was hard but I actually learnt alot about myself. Remember that everyone is different and these are only ideas what works for one person won't work for everyone else so if it sounds like pish I'm sorry. 😂

When you are struggling mentally not one thing is going to be a magic fix but if one action you take makes you feel that little bit brighter then it was worthwhile. Look for help when you need it & give it to others when you can. Sometimes trying our absolute best is all we have to rely on in times like this. Hope for your future once this is over do you want to go back to how things were? Do you want things to change? Go study something new, visit new places, meet new people? This can be a scary time but also a time for reflection just don't let that turn into dwelling as difficult as that can be, we cannot change our pasts however much we want to but we are here right now. Be present in this moment. It's difficult when you are worried what if I get sick but if you are healthy now tell yourself that. I am healthy right now I will be happy about that. Today you are able to make decisions and steps that can positively change your future. I've realised in that in this time of isolation - I probably was very bleeping wrong everytime someone told me they thought I needed extra professional support and I said no I don't I'm fine. And even if that's all you've realised is that you do need help thats great we will book our counselling sessions when this is over. 😂Change is possible. How your feeling in this moment is just that a moment no one knows how long it will last but it will be replaced by a happier one I promise you that but for now we are with you in this hard time. 💗 Stay as connected as you can. Remember that you are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone use any dating sites? Obviously I wouldn't be meeting up with anyone. I'm just so bored. Last time I downloaded one, my ex's best friend popped up and I panicked and deleted it.

Most people don't know we called off our engagement 😬

Reactions: 1
Does anyone use any dating sites? Obviously I wouldn't be meeting up with anyone. I'm just so bored. Last time I downloaded one, my ex's best friend popped up and I panicked and deleted it.

I use match. Its not great. It used be better a few years ago. I met my two previous long term partners on there. I’ve paid until July so I may as well window shop!

Reactions: 2

I use Hinge. And happn. Tinder is a mess. Full of weirdos there.

Reactions: 1
Met my ex on Tinder. He was amazing in the beginning and I couldn’t believe he was real.. he turned out to be narcissist.