Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am fine thanks could happily hibernate for a while in normal times but this horrible sense of worry is unreal keeping myself busy and trying to stick to a routine managed to give the dog a haircut and bath today and seems to have turned out ok. Don't know about cutting his nails tho but that is for another day hope everyone is managing to get food and staying well

Reactions: 1
Yes I might be an adult but I’m seriously tempted to binge watch all five series of Tracey beaker on iPlayer and relive my childhood 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am alone because I was widowed in January 2018. In a way I am glad that my husband isn’t here because the worry would have killed me. He was very ill for 4 years. Crying ohdear

Can I just say that I read everyone’s posts and think about you. Then I write about my experiences. Just to vent I think . Sometimes I feel selfish.
Sorry for your loss ❤ and your reading our posts and thinking of us so have just as much right to post here and let us be here for you. Whenever anyone wants to post how there feeling please do that's one of the reasons I made this thread. Although I completely understand the part of you that feels selfish - I want to post more on here because I do think it's a good way to get it out and I'm not even fussed if no one even reads it but I still feel like it's a pointless post or I write too much. I had posted on the advice page and then reported myself asking them to delete it 😂 so we all feel like that sometimes xx

• Heart
Developed a dry cough this morning. It’s not been persistent, but it’s definitely lurking. Trying to be pragmatic about it, but I have a niggling worry all day.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I made a decision to end it with my other half last night. He said his head is a mess and he doesn't know what he wants so I just made the decision for him. Think I deserve more than that :cry:
You most definitely do deserve more. Give yourself some space to breathe. I understand this so well -- I often settle for crumbs and it drives me absolute mad in the end. Currently having a wee "sext" fling with a guy who "wasn't sure what he wanted" so it keeps me entertained, but most definitely fear it'll end in heartache all over again.

Love is so hard. Love in self isolation is near agony.

Reactions: 2
Good morning lovely sunny day here lifts the spirits a bit instead of that horrible drizzlej ho Did everyone get a bit os

sleep last night

I just wanna say how wonderful you guys are on this thread. I get hesitant before contacting friends too cuz I'm the only one in the group initiating any video calls etc. That's why I feel like I should get more creative with the things i do on my own 🤓

Reactions: 3
Well it’s my birthday today and it’s the most awful feeling I feel so alone. I don’t even usually care much for birthdays but this feels especially raw when I’m literally spending it alone which I’ve never done before. There are also things in my life beyond this damn virus that are just making this all so painful. I didn’t even get out of bed until 2pm because i thought whats the point

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Well it’s my birthday today and it’s the most awful feeling I feel so alone. I don’t even usually care much for birthdays but this feels especially raw when I’m literally spending it alone which I’ve never done before. There are also things in my life beyond this damn virus that are just making this all so painful. I didn’t even get out of bed until 2pm because i thought whats the point
I really feel for you. Not sure if there’s anything profound I can say to help. Rest assured, not all birthdays will be like this. I know birthdays can stir up lots of emotions for people, especially if family life hasn’t been plain sailing in the past.

• Heart
Happy Birthday 🎁 I completely understand, it's my 40th in a couple of weeks and I'm absolutely dreading spending it alone, I had so much planned, I'm currently playing my party playlist I've been working on since January 😩

I'm planning on having a bit of a pamper day, my favourite films and food and a lot of wine, maybe try and do some of your favourite things that you can?
Sending lots of love 💕💕

• Heart
Happy birthday 🥳
It was my 30th last weekend and I didn’t celebrate it either and broke up with someone the day before 🤪

• Sad
Happy Birthday @hrh89 🎁🎈🎉 I know that's not the best sentiment considering how you're feeling, but just wanted you to know you're being thought of and we're all here to support you xx

Happy belated 30th Birthday to you too @LaurieLaurie 🎁🎈🎉 Hope you're feeling a bit better about your break up too xx

Let's hope this very tough time will be over soon and we can get back to juggling the things we've already got going on in our lives!

• Heart
Happy birthday. 🥳 Sorry you’re feeling so down. Its difficult but try to make the best of it. Maybe watch your favourite film or TV series or do something you enjoy to lift your spirits a bit. Once things are back to normal you can have a bit of a celebration. Take care of yourself.

I’m coping by taking up running! I have a goal to enter a 10k once this is all over. I find it helps massively if I have a goal to work towards. I’d recommend it 😊

Reactions: 4
I’m coping by taking up running! I have a goal to enter a 10k once this is all over. I find it helps massively if I have a goal to work towards. I’d recommend it 😊
I have also adopted this attitude. It really helps. It gives hope if nothing else!

my thoughts are getting to me today.
Not even corona related. I think being stuck in and being left alone with the thoughts is making it hard. I like to keep busy to stop my PTSD/depression/anxiety related negative thoughts but obviously I don't have much to keep me busy enough to stop them at the moment. I have my kids but today they've just been making it harder and they've been a pain in the ass, to be honest.

Reactions: 4