Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live alone with my daughter and I’m worried sick about how ill cope with no adult interaction (text/ring my friends as much as possible) and how she will cope not seeing anyone 😫
Same here. How old is your daughter? Mine is only 16 months but very social. We haven’t been able to see anyone or do our normal activities and I can tell it’s affecting her

Reactions: 1
I'll definitely struggle. I'd prepared myself for 2 weeks of lockdown, but 3 takes us to my 40th birthday. Already accepted my plans would all be cancelled but now I'll have to spend it alone 😭 Seems really childish in the grand scheme of things I know, but we're such a close family it's broken us all a bit tonight that we can't celebrate on the day together
My 30th birthday was cancelled this weekend, I decided to stay 29 until further notice and celebrate once this is over.

Same here. How old is your daughter? Mine is only 16 months but very social. We haven’t been able to see anyone or do our normal activities and I can tell it’s affecting her
She is 10. I feel guilty that she will be bored and missing her friends and our family but it’s the safest thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have this weird thing going on where I sleep all day and stay up most of the night. The fact we can’t really go out is so depressing I feel like what’s the point in being awake during the day? At least being awake at night you wouldn’t be going out then normally anyway. 🤡

Reactions: 7
It’s odd how we want what we don’t have. I’m envious of people living alone! I struggle with constant interaction and I need alone time. I can’t see a way through this either. On the plus side at least there’s the internet.

Reactions: 4
It’s odd how we want what we don’t have. I’m envious of people living alone! I struggle with constant interaction and I need alone time. I can’t see a way through this either. On the plus side at least there’s the internet.
The grass is definitely always greener. If I didn’t have my daughter I think I’d be using this opportunity to read loads of books and do things I’ve been putting off for years. In reality I’d probably just sleep a lot!

I get what you mean about needing some alone time too. This really is going to be constant but the only way we can go is forward

Reactions: 3
My 30th birthday was cancelled this weekend, I decided to stay 29 until further notice and celebrate once this is over.

She is 10. I feel guilty that she will be bored and missing her friends and our family but it’s the safest thing to do.
Yes my son misses his mates (he plays online with them and chats to them but it isn’t the same). He also misses his football and swim club.

I can see this getting to him too...

Yes my son misses his mates (he plays online with them and chats to them but it isn’t the same). He also misses his football and swim club.

I can see this getting to him too...
My daughter and her friends use Snapchat and FaceTime but even that’s gone very quiet. I’m desperately going to miss my parents, if I could just see them we would cope fine. I usually see them most days.

• Sad
I'm the other way around.Currently living in a teeny studio flat in another country without a balcony. I want to go back to the UK and just want my family as dysfunctional as they are- but we've implemented a travel ban for 15 countries. Once I leave I wouldn't be allowed back into the country until who knows when and I'm supposed to be here because of school which closed 10 days ago so would have no idea what to do if they announced (5th year medical) exams were running again .

My mental health has always been pretty bad, but as pathetic as this sounds not even going out for the past 4 days has been so tough. I can't open the windows properly, because there's still building work going on nearby and it's just loud drilling from 6am till 5pm every single f*cking day minus sundays.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Sending love and health to anyone living alone. I was living at university and isolating myself in my room. I decided to move back home to live with my mum (who still has to go work). ❤

I'm the other way around.Currently living in a teeny studio flat in another country without a balcony. I want to go back to the UK and just want my family as dysfunctional as they are- but we've implemented a travel ban for 15 countries. Once I leave I wouldn't be allowed back into the country until who knows when and I'm supposed to be here because of school which closed 10 days ago so would have no idea what to do if they announced (5th year medical) exams were running again .

My mental health has always been pretty bad, but as pathetic as this sounds not even going out for the past 4 days has been so tough. I can't open the windows properly, because there's still building work going on nearby and it's just loud drilling from 6am till 5pm every single f*cking day minus sundays.
Ok that’s not a nice situation and I feel for you there. Sending lots of love. Are you able to leave for a walk once a day?

I'm so grateful for this thread. I'm a bit tired of my friends complaining about how terribly annoying their kids/husbands/wives are being. I know it's hard for them as well, but I really am struggling with the fact that I'm completely on my own. My family of course offered me to come home to them but I would feel impossibly guilty had I spread it with traveling, and I needed to continue "my life" as normal as possible for my mental health.

I'm also struggling a bit with the aspect of singledom during this. I really thought I was on a good way with dating and meeting new guys, and even though I'd struck gold with the last one, but now it's all seemingly crumbled to shite.

Sending you all hugs, health, and please do PM if you're feeling overwhelmed! Sometimes it's so much easier to talk/vent to someone in your same shoes. <3

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m a Director of Infusion so I’m working at the hospital everyday and then once I finally get home, I still get many calls from staff.
I live alone with my two dogs. I feel guilty bc I’m spending so much time working and feel awful bc my dogs are not getting enough of my attention.
My pit bulls’ Oncologist is a good friend, and since the veterinary hospital is emergency only, she goes to my house to keep them company, play with them...

Being in the US with our numbers going up and up and an incompetent asshole “leading” us we are left to fend for ourselves in the medical community. It’s so damn stressful and the virus is 24/7 for us.
So when I do get home after a long ass draining day, I’m honestly glad to just be by myself w the dogs!
No other people around Is honestly a relief.
I put my jammies on and cuddle the dogs with Netflix in the background and that’s honestly the only way I’m keeping my sanity.

I feel like I'm going mad, usually I go out a few times a week to visit my gramps but I can't at the moment for obvious reasons so I ring him 3 times a day and usually get teary afterwards.

Sadly I don't have Netflix or the other streaming sites so it's freeview tv for me, I'm gonna start reading so has anyone got any recommendations please?

Thank God for tattle.

How is everyone coping?

I feel like I'm going mad, usually I go out a few times a week to visit my gramps but I can't at the moment for obvious reasons so I ring him 3 times a day and usually get teary afterwards.

Sadly I don't have Netflix or the other streaming sites so it's freeview tv for me, I'm gonna start reading so has anyone got any recommendations please?

Thank God for tattle.

How is everyone coping?
Could you get a Netflix free trial?

I’m coping ok today. It helps that I’ve accepted that my daughter will be bored and I can’t do much about it.. it takes some pressure off. I’m starting to get over a break up, it only happened at the end of last week but there’s more things to worry about. I had only been with him for 9 months but I thought he was something special lol.

Could you get a Netflix free trial?

I’m coping ok today. It helps that I’ve accepted that my daughter will be bored and I can’t do much about it.. it takes some pressure off. I’m starting to get over a break up, it only happened at the end of last week but there’s more things to worry about. I had only been with him for 9 months but I thought he was something special lol.
I don't have WiFi, I've only got data on my phone which is 20gb for the month.

Kids get more bored then us adults don't they? That is really crappy, hope your okay? I know this is a worrying time but things like that don't help.

Reactions: 2
I'm so grateful for this thread. I'm a bit tired of my friends complaining about how terribly annoying their kids/husbands/wives are being. I know it's hard for them as well, but I really am struggling with the fact that I'm completely on my own. My family of course offered me to come home to them but I would feel impossibly guilty had I spread it with traveling, and I needed to continue "my life" as normal as possible for my mental health.

I'm also struggling a bit with the aspect of singledom during this. I really thought I was on a good way with dating and meeting new guys, and even though I'd struck gold with the last one, but now it's all seemingly crumbled to shite.

Sending you all hugs, health, and please do PM if you're feeling overwhelmed! Sometimes it's so much easier to talk/vent to someone in your same shoes. <3
Completely feel the same as you. Most of my friends all have their other halves, kids or dogs etc. to keep them sane. I'm currently going through a break with my partner and as such I'm at home in my own flat. Definitely testing times!

Thinking of you x

• Heart
Just been on Musicmagpie looking for a couple of dvds and they are currently doing BOGOF on pre owned dvds and are very reasonable. Used them before and no issues with playback. Just an idea

Am retired an likely to be in house for while luckily I have family nearby and a dog who shortly needs a haircut am gonna attempt it myself so poor dog God knows what he will look like have a schedule written out and a long todo list just taking each day at a time and trying to look for all the positives. Some of your stories are hard to read and sometimes a small cry really helps you to cope.

Hello! Thank you for this thread. I live alone and like everyone else in the UK I’m pretty much stuck inside. Only going out to the shops or once a day if I fancy fresh air.
so far I’m quite enjoying it, I’m a big reader so getting caught up with my massive pile of books and also catching up on tv programmes and Netflix.
soon though I think I’ll start going a bit mad as I live in a small flat
Really wish I had a dog to cuddle and chat to! Sadly under normal circumstances I’m out at work all day so would be unfair to have one.

Reactions: 5