Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checking in! Thinking of you all! Walks are super important. I've put some audiobooks on and done puzzles which has also helped clear my mind a bit. Zoom cocktail hour with friends also has been helpful.

A thought that I found to be incredibly comforting today: At least I'm not stuck inside with my cockwomble of an ex. Think Simon Hooper level of narcissism mixed with absolute psychopath bellend.

Never has waking up alone been such a relief!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s odd how we want what we don’t have. I’m envious of people living alone! I struggle with constant interaction and I need alone time. I can’t see a way through this either. On the plus side at least there’s the internet.
I can completely get that I was planning on staying at my friends during this time and left before we realised we just needed our own space luckily before lockdown. I'm glad in a way that I had the choice to go back to my own flat. I think there are pros and cons to both, being with others keeps you busier, someone to see actually face to face, wouldn't feel as lonely but being by yourself can be good too always being in control of the TV remote 😂, great being able to do what you want to within your house, read, draw, bake cakes, go sleep when you want etc but it does get lonely and I do always worry what if I get badly ill with this and can barely breathe to call for help when I have no one else here. It's scary but I just am trying to take it one day at a time and right now I feel fine physically so that's good.

I hope things do get better for you ❤

Reactions: 4
I just saw my mum. She was at her front door and me at the bottom of the garden path but it helped lol.

Reactions: 2
Can anyone else not stop eating?! My pyjama bottoms are lulling me into a false sense of security 🐳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Checking in! Thinking of you all! Walks are super important. I've put some audiobooks on and done puzzles which has also helped clear my mind a bit. Zoom cocktail hour with friends also has been helpful.

A thought that I found to be incredibly comforting today: At least I'm not stuck inside with my cockwomble of an ex. Think Simon Hooper level of narcissism mixed with absolute psychopath bellend.

😂😂😂 I was having this exact thought last night!!! My ex was an alcoholic who whilst didn't get violent turned verbally aggressive after a few. The thought of being in lockdown with him makes this seem a dream. Going to focus on that whenever I struggle

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Posting this across all corona threads, if anyone needs a bit of a break in the evenings, and it’s obviously for a good cause but free to watch if you’re not in Ireland and can’t donate.

Starting this Friday, 27th March at 7pm, people can tune into live performances, through each artist’s official live Instagram account, Or RTÉ 2FM’s official live Instagram account”

Hello! Thank you for this thread. I live alone and like everyone else in the UK I’m pretty much stuck inside. Only going out to the shops or once a day if I fancy fresh air.
so far I’m quite enjoying it, I’m a big reader so getting caught up with my massive pile of books and also catching up on tv programmes and Netflix.
soon though I think I’ll start going a bit mad as I live in a small flat
Really wish I had a dog to cuddle and chat to! Sadly under normal circumstances I’m out at work all day so would be unfair to have one.
Yeah I wish I had a dog too! But same as you would usually be to buy to look after one. Glad you are finding it good the now. I need to read my books that have sat on the shelf for such a long time but Tattle is calling me more 😄 been on here pretty much since I woke up

Yeah I wish I had a dog too! But same as you would usually be to buy to look after one. Glad you are finding it good the now. I need to read my books that have sat on the shelf for such a long time but Tattle is calling me more 😄 been on here pretty much since I woke up
I just joined the other day after lurking on some of the Instagram influencer threads for a long time. Then I discovered all the other threads on here. 🙂 It’s quite addictive!

I could probably be so productive, get my flat cleaned and tidied, sort out the cupboard of doom, my wardrobe etc. but no! I’m constantly stuffing my face, watching Netflix, listening to podcasts or audiobooks and reading. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

Totally lost my appetite. A combination of stress and break up, I’m going to get into cooking again tonight.
Oh no, break ups are awful. I went through one last year and lost almost a stone in a couple of weeks. Ended up feeling so ill because I could hardly eat or sleep. Going to be a spinster instead!
Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself and take a day at a time. You’ll feel back to yourself soon. ❤

I just joined the other day after lurking on some of the Instagram influencer threads for a long time. Then I discovered all the other threads on here. 🙂 It’s quite addictive!

I could probably be so productive, get my flat cleaned and tidied, sort out the cupboard of doom, my wardrobe etc. but no! I’m constantly stuffing my face, watching Netflix, listening to podcasts or audiobooks and reading. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

Oh no, break ups are awful. I went through one last year and lost almost a stone in a couple of weeks. Ended up feeling so ill because I could hardly eat or sleep. Going to be a spinster instead!
Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself and take a day at a time. You’ll feel back to yourself soon. ❤
I'm doing the same! I keep buying cleaning supplies with big plans, but inevitably end up browsing the internet and eating anything I can get my paws on.

Reactions: 3
I'm doing the same! I keep buying cleaning supplies with big plans, but inevitably end up browsing the internet and eating anything I can get my paws on.
At least I’m not the only one! I should maybe consider using my daily exercise allowance and I might not need to buy a whole new wardrobe when this is over 🙈

Thank you 💓

I’m fully on board with this. I am also very very grateful that I’m not stuck with my ex. My son and I will do just nicely!

Reactions: 3
Me but I am trying my best to take it easy because I'll end up running out of food if I keep this going! 😂😂😂
I found myself wondering if chocolate, wine and snacks was an ‘essential’ food purchase and warranted a trip to the shops 🙈

Living alone and a couple of weeks post-break up here too 🙋‍♀️. I'm still working from home so that is keeping me distracted but worried that being isolated for so long will get me even more down about it.

It's a rubbish situation but helps knowing I'm not the only one. 💕

• Heart
😂😂😂 I was having this exact thought last night!!! My ex was an alcoholic who whilst didn't get violent turned verbally aggressive after a few. The thought of being in lockdown with him makes this seem a dream. Going to focus on that whenever I struggle
Good idea! I’m glad I’m on my own rather than stuck with any of my exes. Seem to be great at picking spineless lying idiots 🙄
I’ve given up with relationships and I’ll be fine on my own.
fortunately I have lovely friends and family, not a huge number by any means but quality over quantity

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I went through an engagement break up very recently. I haven't really dwelled on it the way I normally would. I don't mind not having a partner right now but so wish I could see family, friends and possibly attempt dating!

I'm also recently single! Broke up with my husband at the end of last year. Sometimes I think it would be easier had we till been together but then I remember how much he annoyed me even when I still liked him so I'm thinking maybe being alone with the kids (who are slightly less irritating than him) isn't too bad.

Reactions: 6