Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you can shop somewhere other than the big supermarkets I think you may find most of what you need. Yesterday Aldi, Lidl, had plenty of everything. Both Home Bargains and B&M were quite well stocked with loo rolls even though some selfish bastard had 48 rolls at the till.. who needs 48 toilet rolls? Some of the bigger HB and BM sell plenty food inc fresh so I saw loads of pasta tomatoes if that’s what you want. you also do not need to buy antibacterial hand soap any will do. As for what I’ve ‘stockpiled ’.. nothing along these lines, but I’ve plenty of meat and veg in the freezer so I will make soups and stews, potatoes last for ages so I think we will survive!!

Reactions: 4
at some point, are these people going to have enough toilet paper so the rest of us can just get a normal four-pack like usual?
eventually, they’re going to be barricaded in when a wall of Andrex comes tumbling down on top of them at home, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We get 40 rolls of loo roll delivered from who gives a crap every 4 months, it's due to arrive this week and I'm getting it in off the doorstep quick smart this time in case people think I'm hoarding.

I think seeing other people panic buy definitely encourages others. Husband went to Tesco yesterday for a few regular bits and said it was really eerie the shelves being so empty. He ended up buying 3 boxes of pasta (which we didn't need) because he got caught up in it.

As for changes I'm not going to any baby groups with my son now and I just heard that some work colleagues are cancelling their wedding in Italy in May.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just checked Ocado and first available delivery is for the 18th.
All the slots on the 18th are gone. The website via the app isn’t working when trying to book a slot. It says try later and has been saying that for hours. I’m not desperate for anything but wanted to top up some Amy’s Kitchen items while they are on offer. I frequently have problems with their app. Their telephone staff are very helpful. I also want to stock up on Waitrose products like tinned things before they switch to partnering with M&S.

I was shopping this morning and while it was busier than usual the shelves were well stocked.

Everyone had trollies full to the brim of toilet roll!! One shop was selling 3 18packs for £12 and people were going mad for it. Who needs 54 roll!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went shopping last night and bulk bought sanitary products 😂 If we go into lockdown I'm not coping without those 😁

Reactions: 7
The only major thing we have planned in the next few weeks is Alton towers, no big deal if we have to cancel we can go when it's safe to.
Shopping tomorrow and getting a few extras but not going mad.

I was shopping this morning and while it was busier than usual the shelves were well stocked.

Everyone had trollies full to the brim of toilet roll!! One shop was selling 3 18packs for £12 and people were going mad for it. Who needs 54 roll!?
that’s my experience of things but I understand it’s not the same everywhere, and when you’re relying on online delivery it can be even harder.

I need 54 toilet rolls 🤣 I was stockpiling that tit before it became tiktok famous!!!!

I haven’t gone crazy but I have doubled up on rice, nappies, breakfast cereals, soups and bread mix 🤪

Reactions: 3
I noticed the only thing left in the rice isle was microwave uncle bens 5 grain quinoa rice 😂😂
is it because people can’t pronounce it or does It just taste tit
id saythe latter.. equally in supermsrket near me only pasta left wad macaroni which i thjnk isthe worst shape ever invented
I went shopping last night and bulk bought sanitary products 😂 If we go into lockdown I'm not coping without those 😁
omg I had not even considered that!!! thank you for reminding me! much more important than bloody loo roll!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
id saythe latter.. equally in supermsrket near me only pasta left wad macaroni which i thjnk isthe worst shape ever invented

omg I had not even considered that!!! thank you for reminding me! much more important than bloody loo roll!
Re macaroni, it’s good for mac and cheese and I also add it to vegetable soup.

No problem, I haven't seen anyone else mention it but passed the aisle and thought it's more essential than anything for us girls. Stock up before everyone realises 😂

I thought I was the only one! 😂😂 still available in all the shops I’ve been to... how long before everyone else cottons on?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have yet to cancel our trip to Malta on the 23rd March, but just read on BBC that they're quarantining all new arrivals, so I'll have to. I wanted to wait until flights are cancelled rather than cancel them myself. Was hoping I'd get a refund or the option to rebook with no extra cost. I'll wait until Monday.

Reactions: 1
I thought I was the only one! 😂😂 still available in all the shops I’ve been to... how long before everyone else cottons on?!
Yep no-one else seems to have thought about it yet. I didn't go too wild in case I caused a stampede 😂

• Haha
I havent done much, but I am trying to use less toilet roll haha. I'm trying to wait it out until people calm down and/or decide they have enough stuff. Good point about the sanitary towels etc!

Reactions: 3
One thing I haven't bought is chickpeas I don't like them so there's no way I'm stocking up on them now lockdown or no bloody lockdown.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Any idea why people keep buying large quantities of bottled water? I don't get it.

Reactions: 1
We’ve pretty much done a normal food shop with a few extras, I generally have a back up of some bits anyway. We‘re in insolation for the next 7-days as my 6year old has had a cough all week, no other symptoms but literally came down with a temperature last night. Ironically he’s not to bad today. I can’t say I’m that disappointed he’ll be him home.