Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m genuinely baffled as to what people are buying more toilet roll for? Medicines and soap I do understand (although I don’t agree with it), but how the hell is toilet roll going to help coronavirus? Same with pasta/rice?
I bought a 4 pack and was called "crazy" because I could of got a 64 pack. Okkkkkkayy

Reactions: 1
798 in the UK, up 208 in 24 hours. Ugh.
But there not testing anyone anymore so how do they know???? To be honest I’m not worried about the figures of people getting it as I know that has to go up before it comes down but it’s the number of deaths I’m looking out for ... god how morbid does that sound

Reactions: 2
In case they have to quarantine themselves for 2+ weeks, so they have food and toilet paper. I am not sure what is hard to grasp. Haha.
Its 2020 not 1982. Online shopping anyone?

I’m immunosuppressed following a double lung transplant. To be honest I’m getting irritated by people buying huge amounts of stuff making supplies run out. My local supermarket has completely run out of soap now. Please think of others before throwing every item you can grab into your trolley, as you’re affecting those who are very vulnerable to this. Thanks
Maybe people reading about you and the lady who commented that's shes going through chemo too will make people rethink their selfish ways ❤

Reactions: 4
Its 2020 not 1982. Online shopping anyone?

Maybe people reading about you and the lady who commented that's shes going through chemo too will make people rethink their selfish ways ❤
Online shopping slots aren't even available here so I think that's why so many are going out :(

Reactions: 5
I’m buying extra for family members who can’t get out, not just because of coronavirus but because they’re bed bound. To others I probably look like a massive dick, nobody stops for a second to think why I may be buying more, they just stare and I stare back and ask if they have a problem.

Reactions: 6
Been shopping at dinner. Just did my usual big some. Everyone was pretty sensible but there was no hand gel, hand wash or anti bac wipes/spray.
Even got pasta, tinned Tom's and loo roll. Again, always buy these on my big shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
My local B&M was fully stocked up with toilet roll, hand washes and antibacterial cleaning products.

Food shops were fully stocked too.

My habits haven’t changed except I’ve been picking up a few more store cupboard items than normal, and I’m batch cooking more than normal too. But as most have said already, the chaos in the shops has meant I’m visiting a few shops just to get everything I need. Aldi was absolute chaos today.
I’m now starting to think what I’ll do if the country goes into lockdown - I want to make sure I have enough books to read, and I might buy some wall paint so I can do those jobs around the house I never make time for.

My habits haven’t changed except I’ve been picking up a few more store cupboard items than normal, and I’m batch cooking more than normal too. But as most have said already, the chaos in the shops has meant I’m visiting a few shops just to get everything I need. Aldi was absolute chaos today.
I’m now starting to think what I’ll do if the country goes into lockdown - I want to make sure I have enough books to read, and I might buy some wall paint so I can do those jobs around the house I never make time for.
I’m batch cooking too so that if I’m ill there are meals in the freezer for the family to eat.

My partners sister is staying with us at the minute and she is stressed that she may need to buy a laptop which she cant really afford to work from home. She is only in a basic admin entry level type job at a college but they are saying she needs to be prepared to work remotely and she is getting worried that they may sack her because she doesn't have a laptop, all her other colleagues are more senior and have own laptops and ipads. It doesn't seem right that they would make the lowest paid member of staff buy there own laptop but she worries if she honestly tells them she cant afford it she will loose her job

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ugh. Logged into my Asda account to add a couple of bits for my home delivery tomorrow and 25 items I initially ordered are now unavailable and there’s no alternatives to any of it. Wish I hadn’t bloody bothered now. Seriously getting annoyed.

Did manage to stock up on ibuprofen, cough medicine and some beechams sachet things today. Poundland had quite a lot still. Toilet roll and hand wash I have still yet to find. I have been to the shops everyday for 5 days in a row and nothing.

Reactions: 3
My partners sister is staying with us at the minute and she is stressed that she may need to buy a laptop which she cant really afford to work from home. She is only in a basic admin entry level type job at a college but they are saying she needs to be prepared to work remotely and she is getting worried that they may sack her because she doesn't have a laptop, all her other colleagues are more senior and have own laptops and ipads. It doesn't seem right that they would make the lowest paid member of staff buy there own laptop but she worries if she honestly tells them she cant afford it she will loose her job
if they are providing devices for some staff they should have to make provisions for all.

All I want is ONE single solitary bag of bleeping pasta for Christ’s sake honestly I am at my wits end with this.

All I want is ONE single solitary bag of bleeping pasta for Christ’s sake honestly I am at my wits end with this.
Go to a random local independent store. I’ve found they usually have pasta and hand wash and bog roll too.

Went shopping today in Asda it was totally out of Store Cupboard Milk, pasta. Flour, hand wash, hand gel, paracetamol, part baked bread, cheep biscuits...