Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't even know they were still wearing them outdoors tbh I hope they keep a tighter reign on their border than the UK have done
Perhaps it remained in place until a certain amount of the population was populated. We should have closed the borders a long time ago and kept them closed. WHO have said the world is approaching the highest rate of infection so far.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
And then watch it all creep back up thanks to the bleeping morons Boris trusts to "be sensible"
That won't happen. 99% of deaths come in the most vulnerable category that have all had the chance to have had a vaccine now. Over eight million of that category are fully vaccinated. Even if cases go up it shouldn't lead to deaths as we live along side it like we do with the flu.

When we approved the AZ vaccine the EU said we were rushing. They are now trying to catch us up by rushing out the Johnson and Johnson jab that we are still taking our time over. Even if they finished before us it wouldn't excuse their slow roll out in the early days as we were much quicker at protection those most at risk. Yes it's slowed down a bit now but us not vaccinated aren't as much of a risk and it's not our fault India have screwed up protection their population so have held back five million doses from us that were due to be sent.

That won't happen. 99% of deaths come in the most vulnerable category that have all had the chance to have had a vaccine now. Over eight million of that category are fully vaccinated. Even if cases go up it shouldn't lead to deaths as we live along side it like we do with the flu.

When we approved the AZ vaccine the EU said we were rushing. They are now trying to catch us up by rushing out the Johnson and Johnson jab that we are still taking our time over. Even if they finished before us it wouldn't excuse their slow roll out in the early days as we were much quicker at protection those most at risk. Yes it's slowed down a bit now but us not vaccinated aren't as much of a risk and it's not our fault India have screwed up protection their population so have held back five million doses from us that were due to be sent.
I don’t think the EU are rushing it! They’re not to renew the AZ contract either so all the more for the UK

That's potentially two vaccines that can't be used for the working age group and a lot of side effects coming from the US about Moderna who knows what vaccine we’ll end up with https://thehill.com/changing-americ...-new-study-says-moderna-vaccine-leads-to-more
Ive read that they have been trying to make a coronavirus vaccine for 20 years and haven't been successful, and it usually takes 10 years to make a vaccine but this was ready in 1. I don't think have a clue what the risks or potential benefits are

Reactions: 5
Ive read that they have been trying to make a coronavirus vaccine for 20 years and haven't been successful, and it usually takes 10 years to make a vaccine but this was ready in 1. I don't think have a clue what the risks or potential benefits are
It will be years before we know but very concerning they're calling pregnant women shortly even those before the 3 month mark on a few weeks of data how do they know the longterm implications there.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It will be years before we know but very concerning they're calling pregnant women shortly even those before the 3 month mark on a few weeks of data how do they know the longterm implications there.
Look at how devastating Phalidomide was to pregnant women, that was deemed safe

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't think many will fall for another lockdown especially after sacrificing months of their lives they just let people travel about willy nilly and put us back to square one ,they should have had a better strategy in place by now .

It's almost amusing that Boris has kept India of the 'red' list for hotel quarantine. Apparently it's all to do with a trade deal and his upcoming visit to India - can't prioritise health of the overall nation even during lockdown lifting so it doesn't give me much hope for later

Reactions: 8

Another piece bashing it all. Sunak must have never used hair dye as much in his life from hiding the grey hairs of stress from him being annoyed at how cautious his boss is when he's wanting the country to spend their saved up billions from the past year.

Reactions: 1
I noticed there wasn't many at the Crucible ,was that all was allowed or did people not take up the offer or did half the place test pos and have to go home 😂

Those of you who have had your vaccine did you have to sign anything, tick boxes etc were you given a booklet or anything?

There seems to be many who had nothing and those who had a lot of info. Wondered if it depends on where and how it was booked etc?
I'm mid 30s, clinically vunerable and had AZ about 2monthsbahk. Nothing to sign or fill out. Due my second in May and will be greatfully having it. Not reading into the clot research far lower risk than when I was on the contraceptive pill or pregnant.

Reactions: 9
I noticed there wasn't many at the Crucible ,was that all was allowed or did people not take up the offer or did half the place test pos and have to go home 😂
1st round 33%. 2nd round 50%. Quarters and semi 75% and 100% for the final. I have been to the venue for Snooker on a number of occasions and once for a school trip to watch Mother Goose haha. Iconic venue that is too small to deal with demand but Snooker has history there so it wouldn't be the same elsewhere just to fit in more people. They should rip out the uncofmy dated chairs though that have been in decades.

• Haha
1st round 33%. 2nd round 50%. Quarters and semi 75% and 100% for the final. I have been to the venue for Snooker on a number of occasions and once for a school trip to watch Mother Goose haha. Iconic venue that is too small to deal with demand but Snooker has history there so it wouldn't be the same elsewhere just to fit in more people. They should rip out the uncofmy dated chairs though that have been in decades.
Now I've visions of Ronnie O'Sullivan as Mother Goose😂 .....so they're starting small and expanding ,do they monitor the audience for transmission how would they know where they picked up the virus if they happen to test pos ,surely LFT tests wouldn't pick it up in such a short timeframe.

It's almost amusing that Boris has kept India of the 'red' list for hotel quarantine. Apparently it's all to do with a trade deal and his upcoming visit to India - can't prioritise health of the overall nation even during lockdown lifting so it doesn't give me much hope for later
I keep thinking that Boris saying it’s ok for him to go to India is going to be one of those moments that in a few months we will all look back on and shake our heads/facepalm.

Reactions: 7
Those of you who have had your vaccine did you have to sign anything, tick boxes etc were you given a booklet or anything?

There seems to be many who had nothing and those who had a lot of info. Wondered if it depends on where and how it was booked etc?
Thank you to those who replied to this. seems it's pretty mixed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.