Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a big difference in driving a car and living a life they’re taking as big a gamble as the rest of us we’re all going into the unknown on an even keel , yet some think it’s acceptable to blame Julie for going to the pub and enjoying herself but not the Government that encouraged her to do it 🤷🏼‍♀️
The government has been blamed plenty of times over the past year and rightly so as they have made many mistakes.

I do feel that he shouldnt have been making promises further down the line when he had no idea if they would be kept.

i.e life will be back to normal by xmas, then we got to xmas and it was normality by easter

i much prefer the roadmaps with the keys dates as its much clearer and specifc with the message we will only move forward into the next step if key measures are met
It was wrong of them to give dates but people kept pushing and pushing and I guess Boris was trying to give some sort of hope when he should have said that he did not know how things would pan out.

I agree regarding this roadmap out of the lockdown.

Reactions: 4
Boris didn’t wake up one morning and decide he was going to make up rules just to blame the public. Essentially people are responsible for their actions and the rules/guidance is there for everyone to follow. Just like there are rules/guidance for road safety - did the government make up those rules just to blame the public if they are not following them?
Johnson has lied on camera time and time again and has no shame , this is a person that rather than do the right thing and sack Cummings, he stood by him , again when Hancock was found to be unlawfully handing out contracts to his friends nothing was done.
The idea that Johnson woke up and made rules that were so ludicrous they had no basis on helping covid and more to put blame on the public is actually more feasible than you think.

This being one example : Pubs were proven to have the least covid infections of all public places, millions were spent on PPE and the system they had worked, what does Johnson do , he allows 6 people to meet outside in a park, now the sensible thing would have been to open up safe pubs and allow people to drink in safety outside. but no he would rather see hundreds of twenty somethings get together and drink in a park, which was inevitable , so the tut tutters blame them for covid spreading even though it hasn't and it gave the excuse for police to get heavy handed.

Covid has no basis on places like pubs being closed , a controlled environment with outside access , or a park where hundreds can gather, which gets the most press coverage , the hundreds drinking the park obviously.
Please don't think Boris hasn't got an ulterior motive because everything Johnson does is contradicted by logic everytime. Why does a PM create more problems for the public than necessary if not to create a divide of people who can see the absurdity of the rules and the tut tatters.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do feel that he shouldnt have been making promises further down the line when he had no idea if they would be kept.

i.e life will be back to normal by xmas, then we got to xmas and it was normality by easter

i much prefer the roadmaps with the keys dates as its much clearer and specifc with the message we will only move forward into the next step if key measures are met
Boris, bless his little PR driven, sound bite loving heart, can’t bear to be the bad guy.
Unfortunately, the very nature of his office means that he can’t be all things to all men.
I would bet he never thought that saying in June we’d be back to normal by Christmas would get such a tight hold on his buttocks and that he would be held to account for things he’d hoped would be forgotten 6 months later.

TB is always gonna be knocking around just like COVID , we still screen and diagnosis patients with TB on a weekly basis
True - but at least we aren’t hoiking people off for years to a Sanatorium at the seaside to lay outside in the cold with their top off to ‘get fresh air to their chest’ as treatment anymore :oops:

Reactions: 2
Genuinely not sure any other party in this country would have handled things better. There does need to be an inquest into the PPE failings etc but now isn’t the time we’re still trying to get through this. Also look at Europe they are flailing at the moment with surging cases and poor vaccine roll outs. Other countries also haven’t done well or aren’t doing well at the moment. It’s easy to look at the minority of countries who have handled it well and think we’re failures but even those counties will be having massive issues from covid even if it isn’t covid. I think only time will show the actual amount of deaths from covid and the backlog of treatments etc. I just want out of this now😭

Reactions: 7
W
Denmark putting millions of lives at risk over one death and Germany mixing vaccines when as of yet there is no proof it's safe or works. They would be at home with this foreigner on about the UK surge of 27 known cases, which isn't my definition of a surge......

Is that the S. Africa strain he’s talking about

That’s even worse... but the EU have secured more Pfizer doses and Ireland are to benefit from a shipment shortly

I'm confused, I thought the surge was the south Africa variant or are there other surges - I only saw reports of mass testing in Lambeth and Wandsworth and that's for the SA variant.
That's what I thought too ? I didn't know about the Brazilian testing.

That's what I thought too ? I didn't know about the Brazilian testing.
Presumably down to how the numbers work out across the country rather than a local outbreak for local people?
But I have a posh sandwich to make right now so after that I will RTFNotes shortly to figure out what I missed.

Reactions: 1
Torygraph bashing WFH for their beloved chancellor.....

Parts of interest to me are......

How long before firms figure out they may as well pay half as much for a remote worker in Bulgaria as one who's relocated to Norfolk?
It's usually India that gets mentioned. Companies in the past did just this in moving jobs abroad to hire staff cheaper (such as call centres) and it didn't work out and they soon had to reverse it. Can someone from Bulgaria speak the language just as good? Build up knowledge of your local area just as much? Visit a customer in person just as easily? Would a company want to spend time and money hiring new staff abroad and trying to get them trained up when they cannot see them in person?

According to the Chancellor: “If people work one day a week on average at home and everyone does that, that's 20 per cent less commuting traffic – that’s not a small impact.”
It's a good impact on the environment if the government care as much as they say about going green. Just because people aren't travelling to work doesn't mean they aren't travelling somewhere else. The money saved might be spent on more commuting on a weekend as a family.

Writing in the Telegraph, Sir John Timpson argued that “big firms that are making remote working a permanent feature may be saving a bucket full of rent, but they’re introducing a massive cultural change that could increase mental health problems for those spending most of their life at home.”
I reckon more mental health gets ruined spending thousands of pounds a year and hundreds of hours a year to do a job you can do at home. They seem to think the money saved on overpriced coffees and unreliable public transport will be missed and the government are in a panic. All that happens is the money gets spent somewhere else. People can afford a better car, better home with more space, better holidays etc. You're just shifting money from some industries and pumping more in to others.

Reactions: 5
My company outsourced a lot to India and to be honest it's been a disaster. However, they save 20k per employee compared to hiring in the UK so they're ploughing on and don't seem to care so I can see this continuing to happen 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My company outsourced a lot to India and to be honest it's been a disaster. However, they save 20k per employee compared to hiring in the UK so they're ploughing on and don't seem to care so I can see this continuing to happen 🙁
That's an awful way to run a business. It's not always about the money. This is more likely with a mix of office and WFH....

Interesting labour productivity was up last year compared to the year before, so it shows most people work better at home than stuck in a office of distractions. Last year too it was new as something millions had to adjust to. Now 12 months on people are more used to it such as how to manage the day and your working area. If WFH continues for the rest of this year I reckon productivity will see a bigger increase than the last year.

Presumably down to how the numbers work out across the country rather than a local outbreak for local people?
But I have a posh sandwich to make right now so after that I will RTFNotes shortly to figure out what I missed.
Halfway through making Marie Antoinette turn in her grave, I took a closer look and the statement is based on a report from two weeks ago so no it wouldn't include the stuff happening this week.

Denmark putting millions of lives at risk over one death and Germany mixing vaccines when as of yet there is no proof it's safe or works. They would be at home with this foreigner on about the UK surge of 27 known cases, which isn't my definition of a surge......

If scaremongering continues like this I will be more inclined to follow no rule . So far I’ve kept them but if it’s going to go on forever what’s the point in living in LIMBO LAND

Reactions: 3
Still intending to be vaccinating for the next couple of years if this deals anything to go by

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.