Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know if it's just in NI but I noticed this past while they've been saying " linked " to Covid and not died with .
Tbf if you're a terminal patient or in very poor condition you may survive COVID but then pass due to the complications (infections most likely) = hence why you didn't really die from COVID specifically but your death was linked to COVID

Someone elsewhere said that this was a good way to measure deaths before we had vaccinations, but now that we have vaccinations it's no longer a good way to measure it

Someone I know tested positive for covid back in October, everyone he had been in contact with got tests but all came back negative and he didn’t feel ill at all and only got a test as he was a close contact or a positive case. Fast forward and he’s now had both jabs and went into hospital for something else last week and they covid tested him and he’s positive again?! Is it possible he’ll still be positive from the previous time he had it?
In the case of an antibody test, however, it may be possible to test positive. The serology test measures a person’s COVID-19 immunity. Since the vaccine prompts an immune response, so some antibody tests might show the result as positive, mentions the international public health agency.
Source (though it's not a very good source imo, but there seems to be similar cases in America with people being vaccinated and then testing positive after)

Reactions: 2
Someone I know tested positive for covid back in October, everyone he had been in contact with got tests but all came back negative and he didn’t feel ill at all and only got a test as he was a close contact or a positive case. Fast forward and he’s now had both jabs and went into hospital for something else last week and they covid tested him and he’s positive again?! Is it possible he’ll still be positive from the previous time he had it?
He will be past the 14 day infectious period day but may still be giving off the dead cells from the virus

that’s why nhs don’t swab positive patients for at least 90 days after the initial positive

Reactions: 2
I can’t help but feel confused about the messages we are being sent. “Numbers are low. We can slowly open” to “South African strain - we need to worry”. “Jabs are helping bring down death numbers” to “it’s not the jabs, it’s lockdown”. I feel so suppressed by this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There’s still a lot of research needs to be done with the vaccines

Reactions: 3
i really hope at some stage he has to endure a lengthy trial after all this , not sacking cummings , not sacking Hancock , and the money seemingly wasted on PPE for pubs when the data shows pubs were one of the safest places because of said PPE, and all the billions wasted on an app that a whizz kid child could have put together for a few hundred quid and made it work properly , the constant contradictions are a worry as well , why keep moving the goalposts if you arent using the distraction as cover , Boris bumbling about making silly contradictions on the right hand all the while the left hand is dipping into something dodgy. I'm far too cynical to believe someone like johnson.
I can imagine him getting away with it all, because emergency covid rules :rolleyes::mad:

I’ve been thinking. If the vaccine only offers 6 months protection, and you need 2 doses, does that mean every 3 months you’re in for a jab? 4 a year?

I’m beginning to wonder if life ever be as it was before when all we had to worry about was flu season? Will we ever feel safe and at ease again? I’ve seen what it’s done to my daughter, she is really struggling with this new way of living, she feels her care free teenage years are being taken from her. I wish I could tell her it will go back to normal soon but I can’t.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been thinking. If the vaccine only offers 6 months protection, and you need 2 doses, does that mean every 3 months you’re in for a jab? 4 a year?

I’m beginning to wonder if life ever be as it was before when all we had to worry about was flu season? Will we ever feel safe and at ease again? I’ve seen what it’s done to my daughter, she is really struggling with this new way of living, she feels her care free teenage years are being taken from her. I wish I could tell her it will go back to normal soon but I can’t.
Unfortunately yes it does unless they come up with a once a year jab . I feel it more for the younger generation they're definitely missing out on so much :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Unfortunately yes it does unless they come up with a once a year jab . I feel it more for the younger generation they're definitely missing out on so much :(
They really are. My daughters mental health recently hasn’t been good at all, her friends parents haven’t taken covid seriously so have let friends over to their houses or to sleepover, all through the lockdowns. They mix with multiple households. She also found out her friends Dad was laughing about us taking covid seriously and not letting our daughter go into peoples houses. He said we were being cruel and he felt sorry for our daughter living with us 😳 Which made me really angry because that’s why we’re in this mess because of people like them breaking the guidelines. it really doesn’t help us as parents when other parents are saying things like this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yesterday in Westfield it was full of people with no face mask on! Nobody seems to care anymore. Security wasn't doing anything either. It's just a joke. We will be back in lockdown soon. Especially thanks to all the young pub-goers who are sitting together, hugging, singing in each other's faces.. Those are all young people who haven't been vaccinated.. Just sayin... :rolleyes:
I don’t think it’s particularly fair to blame young people. It’s the older people I know have broken rules a lot more than anyone my age!

Reactions: 16

From what I understand, they know the vaccine definitely offers six months protection as that's the data they currently have but are hoping it's longer than this. I think as time goes on and they have more data they'll be able to advise on how long it actually protects for.

My guess is that they'll develop a vaccine that's annual like the flu jab (hope so anyway)

Reactions: 4
I don’t think it’s particularly fair to blame young people. It’s the older people I know have broken rules a lot more than anyone my age!
I agree, and when you look at the minuscule risk to young people can you blame them! They have been locked up for a year to protect granny, now granny is fully vaccinated and they are still being made to feel guilty for having normal human interaction. I swear some people wish we’d stay in lockdown forever! It does have to end at some point you know :rolleyes: And we are never going to see zero covid. Just like we never see zero flu or even serious diseases like TB!

Reactions: 24
They really are. My daughters mental health recently hasn’t been good at all, her friends parents haven’t taken covid seriously so have let friends over to their houses or to sleepover, all through the lockdowns. They mix with multiple households. She also found out her friends Dad was laughing about us taking covid seriously and not letting our daughter go into peoples houses. He said we were being cruel and he felt sorry for our daughter living with us 😳 Which made me really angry because that’s why we’re in this mess because of people like them breaking the guidelines. it really doesn’t help us as parents when other parents are saying things like this.
I've a teenage son too but luckily his friends parents abide by the restrictions ( they're enforced here ) so they keep in touch through gaming or SM but as for employment or further education there's nothing on those fronts so they're in limbo atm .It makes it so much harder when they see friends doing stuff that they can't we're always the baddie in those situations but that's very unfair of the other parents to comment on how you run your household ,maybe when things ease she could meet up with friends in an outdoor space I'm sure it would do her the world of good if she's missing the social side of things my younger boy started back at his youth club and football training yesterday and seeing the kids excitement was both happy and sad at the same time looking at how much they'd grown and changed since the last time they were able to meet up when before it was something they'd taken for granted the youngsters are definitely at a loss in all of this .I hope things improve for your daughter soon .

Nobody's to blame old or young... Covid's to blame !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I've a teenage son too but luckily his friends parents abide by the restrictions ( they're enforced here ) so they keep in touch through gaming or SM but as for employment or further education there's nothing on those fronts so they're in limbo atm .It makes it so much harder when they see friends doing stuff that they can't we're always the baddie in those situations but that's very unfair of the other parents to comment on how you run your household ,maybe when things ease she could meet up with friends in an outdoor space I'm sure it would do her the world of good if she's missing the social side of things my younger boy started back at his youth club and football training yesterday and seeing the kids excitement was both happy and sad at the same time looking at how much they'd grown and changed since the last time they were able to meet up when before it was something they'd taken for granted the youngsters are definitely at a loss in all of this .I hope things improve for your daughter soon .

Nobody's to blame old or young... Covid's to blame !
Covid is 100% to blame!! But I am sick of hearing the blame put on young people (my family are the worst for doing it🙄)

Reactions: 10
Covid is 100% to blame!! But I am sick of hearing the blame put on young people (my family are the worst for doing it🙄)
That's the thing people are losing sight of the real enemy and it's not "people " MSM is full of scientists and Gov advisers this morning blaming people for living their lives it's only causing tension ,but at the same time it's getting the public to point the finger and do the Gov work for them.

Reactions: 6
it's done on purpose. if "they" can divide a group of people they will. Old /young man/woman/ black/white, doesn't matter what it is they will create a divide if they can, this has been going on for a very long time.

While we are fighting amongst each other we won't be looking at where the blame really lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it's done on purpose. if "they" can divide a group of people they will. Old /young man/woman/ black/white, doesn't matter what it is they will create a divide if they can, this has been going on for a very long time.

While we are fighting amongst each other we won't be looking at where the blame really lies.
What exactly do they get out of creating a divide? What is the logic behind it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.