Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like every positive step forward has to be surrounded by doom and gloom headlines. Personally I have stopped reading them now.

We cannot live like this forever. Not just because of the impact on the economy but also because of the impact on mental health.

The government have said many times now that we have to treat this as the flu and get on with it. Shaming people for getting on with their lives is unfair. Stay in your lane, focus on your own life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There are plenty of people who have said the governement could have done many things differently.
Yes of course people have and that does not invalidate my point as the same people might also be blaming others more, we are not hive-minded, but imagine if we had all info given to us straight without media/govenment spin.

Reactions: 5
87% in the poll are correct. Any business not serving someone because they don't have a smartphone should be boycotted so they soon get the picture that discriminating isn't on. Even with the no contact a good business would help out a elderly customer. The staff member could use the app on their own phone to order on behalf of the elderly customer, who pays them in cash and they give them change from the till.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I've a teenage son too but luckily his friends parents abide by the restrictions ( they're enforced here ) so they keep in touch through gaming or SM but as for employment or further education there's nothing on those fronts so they're in limbo atm .It makes it so much harder when they see friends doing stuff that they can't we're always the baddie in those situations but that's very unfair of the other parents to comment on how you run your household ,maybe when things ease she could meet up with friends in an outdoor space I'm sure it would do her the world of good if she's missing the social side of things my younger boy started back at his youth club and football training yesterday and seeing the kids excitement was both happy and sad at the same time looking at how much they'd grown and changed since the last time they were able to meet up when before it was something they'd taken for granted the youngsters are definitely at a loss in all of this .I hope things improve for your daughter soon .

Nobody's to blame old or young... Covid's to blame !
Thank you.

Yes she now meets her closest friend outdoors in the last couple of weeks and she’s in school. It was hard during lockdown as she saw her friends on FaceTime and they’d all be at each others houses, which of course she knows is wrong but it did upset her. It does make us as parents look like the bad ones doesn’t it.

I’m glad your son has his football club, I bet that has helped him a lot too xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been thinking. If the vaccine only offers 6 months protection, and you need 2 doses, does that mean every 3 months you’re in for a jab? 4 a year?

I’m beginning to wonder if life ever be as it was before when all we had to worry about was flu season? Will we ever feel safe and at ease again? I’ve seen what it’s done to my daughter, she is really struggling with this new way of living, she feels her care free teenage years are being taken from her. I wish I could tell her it will go back to normal soon but I can’t.
We don't know if any vaccine protection only lasts six months yet. We know six months after being jabbed you still have a high level of protection. As time goes on we will have a better idea of how long protection lasts to know how often people might need to be jabbed. At the moment when headlines say "protection lasts six months" that just means half a year later you are still protected. It doesn't mean after six months you need another. Hopefully in the autumn we get headlines that say vaccine protections last a year and even then it might last even longer without the need for another jab.

I think if all restrictions end June 21st then for a while many people will feel a bit cautious after sixteen months of rules. However with daily stats still low and everyone jabbed I think people will soon get back use to living how they used to and stop worrying so much about being close to others. Contact with others isn't helped when you have GMB debating it......

For the record I will go back to shaking hands of people I have never met before to greet them and will hug friends and family. Even before covid I never did the French thing of kissing a woman on both cheeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree, and when you look at the minuscule risk to young people can you blame them! They have been locked up for a year to protect granny, now granny is fully vaccinated and they are still being made to feel guilty for having normal human interaction. I swear some people wish we’d stay in lockdown forever! It does have to end at some point you know :rolleyes: And we are never going to see zero covid. Just like we never see zero flu or even serious diseases like TB!
We have to remember though, that in living memory TB was treated by taking the affected person completely away to a Sanatorium. I have one aunt who spent most of her teenage years away from home and another who, as a young married woman, was 5 years away. (My mum, with dyptheria was in an Isolation Hospital for 4 weeks when she was about 10) Now it’s a vaccine or a course of anti-biotics if necessary which changed treatment almost overnight. We are currently coming out of the the Sanatorium stage of Covid. I might be bonkers (no laughing at the back) but with all the rather clever medical minds doing their stuff I don’t think we’ll be as long sorting Covid as we were TB.

What exactly do they get out of creating a divide? What is the logic behind it.
Johnson has manipulated the public into blaming each other rather than blame him.

Its never worked on me , I can list all his mistakes from the moment he said its "OK I've been shaking people's hands" , all the way through to this badly planned and ludicrous "roadmap" that has no common sense , but rules the frustrated public will start to blame each other about.
When his appalling plan of placing people with covid who were out of the woods but still ill back into care homes from hospital backfired, it was the start of him covering himself and making rules that had no bearing on covid they were there to create blame on the public.
Through to the criminal and appaling new "rules" he has given to the police, we have seen our police force in a new light this year , a police force that has no skills in handling the public , they only know, knocking down doors and arresting people, issuing fines that have mostly been thrown out at CPS level thus never getting to court, because they know they can no way have millions of people explaining how the police essentially illegally restrained and arrested people in courts, they couldn't cope with the numbers.

Johnson has been our worst PM in my living memory and we have had some bad ones. I would give any previous PM a better chance at handling this covid than Johnson.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We don't know if any vaccine protection only lasts six months yet. We know six months after being jabbed you still have a high level of protection. As time goes on we will have a better idea of how long protection lasts to know how often people might need to be jabbed. At the moment when headlines say "protection lasts six months" that just means half a year later you are still protected. It doesn't mean after six months you need another. Hopefully in the autumn we get headlines that say vaccine protections last a year and even then it might last even longer without the need for another jab.

I think if all restrictions end June 21st then for a while many people will feel a bit cautious after sixteen months of rules. However with daily stats still low and everyone jabbed I think people will soon get back use to living how they used to and stop worrying so much about being close to others. Contact with others isn't helped when you have GMB debating it......

For the record I will go back to shaking hands of people I have never met before to greet them and will hug friends and family. Even before covid I never did the French thing of kissing a woman on both cheeks.
Good to know. Thanks 😊

Reactions: 1

Boris won't be happy that less people going to hospital is being put down to the vaccine roll out and not his silly idea of the lockdown. Under 200 people a day on average and probably more than that being discharged. By the May bank holiday we should be below 1000 in hospital I would say.

Thank you.

Yes she now meets her closest friend outdoors in the last couple of weeks and she’s in school. It was hard during lockdown as she saw her friends on FaceTime and they’d all be at each others houses, which of course she knows is wrong but it did upset her. It does make us as parents look like the bad ones doesn’t it.

I’m glad your son has his football club, I bet that has helped him a lot too xx
Yes you don’t realise how important social interaction is until it’s taken away if we get one thing out of this it’s how much we truly rely on others for our own happiness, even if it’s just for a chat. Glad your daughters got to see her friends I’m sure it’ll make all the difference to her x

Regardless of how long protection lasts it’s the dosage has to be spaced out so it’s every 10 weeks for a booster shot of the AZ for eg .

• Heart

Australia could be treating their natives like prisoners for years to come. They will miss out on so much tourism from people all over the world who want to visit that lovely country. They need to find a way to allow English people to travel there for the Ashes this winter.

Thousands go over there to get some winter sunshine watching the Cricket. Three months in Australia if you can afford to be there for the whole tour including spending Christmas and the new year there. Not allowing people to go there for it from here will cost them millions.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
What exactly do they get out of creating a divide? What is the logic behind it.
You get the public to police each other if you don’t follow things a certain way you’re ostracised , as we’ve seen on here many times the old police the young and vice versa it’s an easy way of keeping people in line without taking an authoritarian approach.

I agree, and when you look at the minuscule risk to young people can you blame them! They have been locked up for a year to protect granny, now granny is fully vaccinated and they are still being made to feel guilty for having normal human interaction. I swear some people wish we’d stay in lockdown forever! It does have to end at some point you know :rolleyes: And we are never going to see zero covid. Just like we never see zero flu or even serious diseases like TB!
TB is always gonna be knocking around just like COVID , we still screen and diagnosis patients with TB on a weekly basis

Reactions: 2
Johnson has manipulated the public into blaming each other rather than blame him.

Its never worked on me , I can list all his mistakes from the moment he said its "OK I've been shaking people's hands" , all the way through to this badly planned and ludicrous "roadmap" that has no common sense , but rules the frustrated public will start to blame each other about.
When his appalling plan of placing people with covid who were out of the woods but still ill back into care homes from hospital backfired, it was the start of him covering himself and making rules that had no bearing on covid they were there to create blame on the public.
Through to the criminal and appaling new "rules" he has given to the police, we have seen our police force in a new light this year , a police force that has no skills in handling the public , they only know, knocking down doors and arresting people, issuing fines that have mostly been thrown out at CPS level thus never getting to court, because they know they can no way have millions of people explaining how the police essentially illegally restrained and arrested people in courts, they couldn't cope with the numbers.

Johnson has been our worst PM in my living memory and we have had some bad ones. I would give any previous PM a better chance at handling this covid than Johnson.
But people can see mistakes have been made regarding the way Boris had handled the situation. I still don’t get why he would make rules just to blame the public.

I think things should have been done differently (earlier lockdown last year and restrictions not eased as quickly as they did as well as closing borders and not allowing flights in and out) and possibly avoided the 2nd and 3rd lockdown.

It still surprises me that educated adults on here and elsewhere still don’t get it that the COVID virus mutates and changes within hours / days and that’s why the scientists are changing what they say !!! I mean really it’s all boris has it in for us etc

Reactions: 7
It still surprises me that educated adults on here and elsewhere still don’t get it that the COVID virus mutates and changes within hours / days and that’s why the scientists are changing what they say !!! I mean really it’s all boris has it in for us etc
I think it’s more the fact that it’s been mutating all along and the scientists of course know this... but suddenly the day after restrictions were eased we seem to coincidentally get all these doom and gloom headlines and Boris telling us that essentially the vaccines aren’t the reason for reduced deaths 🤷‍♀️ Despite them telling us this was our way out of lockdown. I sometimes wish they would just be honest with us and say “you know what, we don’t know what we’re doing either!”😂

Reactions: 14
But people can see mistakes have been made regarding the way Boris had handled the situation. I still don’t get why he would make rules just to blame the public.

I think things should have been done differently (earlier lockdown last year and restrictions not eased as quickly as they did as well as closing borders and not allowing flights in and out) and possibly avoided the 2nd and 3rd lockdown.
The Government have essentially said they don’t know how things will go once the restrictions are lifted if it’s goes well and society gets back to some kind of normal they’ll be taking full credit for that but if it goes tits up like last time they’ll blame the public for dropping their guard and not following the rules “people weren’t SD enough they didn’t wash their hands enough “ the list goes on..,

Reactions: 8
The Government have essentially said they don’t know how things will go once the restrictions are lifted if it’s goes well and society gets back to some kind of normal they’ll be taking full credit for that but if it goes tits up like last time they’ll blame the public for dropping their guard and not following the rules “people weren’t SD enough they didn’t wash their hands enough “ the list goes on..,
Boris didn’t wake up one morning and decide he was going to make up rules just to blame the public. Essentially people are responsible for their actions and the rules/guidance is there for everyone to follow. Just like there are rules/guidance for road safety - did the government make up those rules just to blame the public if they are not following them?

Boris didn’t wake up one morning and decide he was going to make up rules just to blame the public. Essentially people are responsible for their actions and the rules/guidance is there for everyone to follow. Just like there are rules/guidance for road safety - did the government make up those rules just to blame the public if they are not following them?
There’s a big difference in driving a car and living a life they’re taking as big a gamble as the rest of us we’re all going into the unknown on an even keel , yet some think it’s acceptable to blame Julie for going to the pub and enjoying herself but not the Government that encouraged her to do it 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do feel that he shouldnt have been making promises further down the line when he had no idea if they would be kept.

i.e life will be back to normal by xmas, then we got to xmas and it was normality by easter

i much prefer the roadmaps with the keys dates as its much clearer and specifc with the message we will only move forward into the next step if key measures are met

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.