Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I missing something with the new rules that came out Monday.... all I’m seeing is friends and family sat next to each other in pubs and restaurants (outside obviously), but I’m unsure why everyone suddenly thinks social distancing doesn’t exist? Finding it really frustrating scrolling through Instagram the last couple days 😣 anyone else?
Our supermarket is doing the one adult from a household into shop (bar people with kids and carers etc) the abuse the door staff are getting is disgusting and it’s only been 1 1/2 days and don’t even start me on the social distancing

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The narrative seems to be testing which isn't green or environmentally friendly at all. When the testing kit came that I ordered for home testing out of curiousity it's nearly all in single use plastic including the bags you put it all in to throw away safely. All whilst the mask narrative continues which I hate to think how many tens of millions will be laid in the countryside or littering our oceans.

Absolutely one death is one too many. But if that vaccine hadn't been rolled out to seven million people more people will have died than the one that has from a blood clot. People also die of other things all the time. It's sad but life. I can name a handful of people I know who have passed away during the pandemic including my uncle and not one was covid. The forgotten people as it's like only covid matters.
Completely agree re the amount of plastic in the tests. Ours have all come back negative so we’ve quarantined them then recycled all the bits apart from the test strip.
Also the irony that they’re made in China!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Urgh the new outbreak of the SA variant near me has me worried there could be local restrictions coming for us soon 😬 My flatmate went to try and get her surge test at lunch today & to pick up take-home tests for us, she was in the queue for 2 hours... How can they expect to test the entire borough when the test site she was at was literally 2 guys and a mobile van, open 9-4pm?

Gonna have to leave my house super early tomorrow to queue at one that opens at 8am & hope I can make it back for work ok!

Edit: they'd ran out of take home tests when she got to the front, that's why I also need to go now

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Urgh the new outbreak of the SA variant near me has me worried there could be local restrictions coming for us soon 😬 My flatmate went to try and get her surge test at lunch today & to pick up take-home tests for us, she was in the queue for 2 hours... How can they expect to test the entire borough when the test site she was at was literally 2 guys and a mobile van, open 9-4pm?

Gonna have to leave my house super early tomorrow to queue at one that opens at 8am & hope I can make it back for work ok!

Edit: they'd ran out of take home tests when she got to the front, that's why I also need to go now
Where do you live? I’ve not heard of local restrictions being started anywhere in the uk

Reactions: 1
Where do you live? I’ve not heard of local restrictions being started anywhere in the uk
I'm in Lambeth, they're having everyone over 10 in the borough tested atm so if they're not happy with how things are progressing here in a few days'/weeks' time they may well put in local restrictions. Just because the SA variant is a big concern.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
All this covid spending just goes to show what bloody liars the government have been. I remember throughout the 2010s, “we have to balance the books” and the austerity drive on public services because we “couldn’t afford it” and now they’re offering free (at the point of service) twice weekly tests for EVERY person in the country?! I bring that example up especially because even ‘just’ that, all the logistics and the extra salaries and capacity they’ve had to expand would’ve been huge££.
If they ever have the cheek to utter the words “we can’t afford it” it will actually make me sick. I’m sure we couldn’t afford a pandemic but somehow they’ve found the cash to pay their mates!!! It just goes to show they have the money but failing mental health services, education and poverty wasn’t enough of an issue for them! I hate it here 😫

Reactions: 7
I'm in Lambeth, they're having everyone over 10 in the borough tested atm so if they're not happy with how things are progressing here in a few days'/weeks' time they may well put in local restrictions. Just because the SA variant is a big concern.
Oh I see! I just assumed rates were going down everywhere - what is the vaccine take up in the area? Could that be why rates are still high?

Are changing rooms open yet in Primark? I desperately need jeans and bras but don't want to faff around returning stuff

Am I missing something with the new rules that came out Monday.... all I’m seeing is friends and family sat next to each other in pubs and restaurants (outside obviously), but I’m unsure why everyone suddenly thinks social distancing doesn’t exist? Finding it really frustrating scrolling through Instagram the last couple days 😣 anyone else?
My social media is filled with people doing that in each other’s houses!

Reactions: 2
Oh I see! I just assumed rates were going down everywhere - what is the vaccine take up in the area? Could that be why rates are still high?
It's a specific cluster of the SA variant, overall case numbers in the borough haven't been part of the story I've seen from the gov/council/Guardian - it's purely that everyone needs to get a PCR test so they can sequence the genome and see how big the SA cluster is. So vaccine take up is less relevant as the AZ vaccine, in particular, is meant to be pretty poor at protecting against the SA variant.

• Sad
All this covid spending just goes to show what bloody liars the government have been. I remember throughout the 2010s, “we have to balance the books” and the austerity drive on public services because we “couldn’t afford it” and now they’re offering free (at the point of service) twice weekly tests for EVERY person in the country?! I bring that example up especially because even ‘just’ that, all the logistics and the extra salaries and capacity they’ve had to expand would’ve been huge££.
If they ever have the cheek to utter the words “we can’t afford it” it will actually make me sick. I’m sure we couldn’t afford a pandemic but somehow they’ve found the cash to pay their mates!!! It just goes to show they have the money but failing mental health services, education and poverty wasn’t enough of an issue for them! I hate it here 😫
I do get what you’re saying but the Govt actually can’t afford the amount they are spending, it’s all borrowed money. We’re in a huge huge amount of debt and we (the taxpayers) will be paying it off for decades, similar to the WW1/WW2 debt.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I do get what you’re saying but the Govt actually can’t afford the amount they are spending, it’s all borrowed money. We’re in a huge huge amount of debt and we (the taxpayers) will be paying it off for decades, similar to the WW1/WW2 debt.
Yep, plus shelling out for this testing is the cheaper option than another lockdown where they are footing the furlough bill again.

Lambeth has the second lowest case numbers. Got to keep scraping the barrel and finding those cases

Really cant stand virtue signalling tit like this on Facebook

Barry is really excited to go to his favourite pub again, but he thinks that ‘track and trace’ is a load of bollocks so he gives fake details.

Barry sat pretty close to someone who later tested positive for Coronavirus, but when he was contacted the call connected to the owner of a Chinese takeaway 250 miles away.

Barry carried on his week unaware and in no time at all became an asymptomatic carrier of Coronavirus, infecting a load of other people.

Barry is a bleeping bell end. Don’t be like Barry.

Cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Barry is really excited to go to his favourite pub again, but he thinks that ‘track and trace’ is a load of bollocks so he gives fake details.

Barry sat pretty close to someone who later tested positive for Coronavirus, but when he was contacted the call connected to the owner of a Chinese takeaway 250 miles away.

Barry carried on his week unaware and in no time at all became an asymptomatic carrier of Coronavirus, infecting a load of other people.

Cringe
It’s true tho. Barry is a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our supermarket is doing the one adult from a household into shop (bar people with kids and carers etc) the abuse the door staff are getting is disgusting and it’s only been 1 1/2 days and don’t even start me on the social distancing
I don't like that rule I go with another adult. Inside we can split up one trolley between us and get around quicker than one person on their own.

Not looking good in Canada as the Brazilian variant soon spreads.

Completely agree re the amount of plastic in the tests. Ours have all come back negative so we’ve quarantined them then recycled all the bits apart from the test strip.
Also the irony that they’re made in China!
i read they are £25 a pop , someone somewhere is making millions

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Cringe
Ugh piss off init 😂 At some point we have to just accept some people have coronavirus and some people will catch it like a bleeping cold. We can’t trace every bugger forever. Sorry I’m just done with this all now and social media makes me madder!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.