Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would much prefer to pay higher taxes so the NHS has more capacity and isn’t overwhelmed
The NHS doesn't really need any more money it needs reform and for the money to be spent on the right things. Plenty of fat cats on huge wages making shocking decisions with our tax money. You could give them a blank check and you would still see the same issues. Look at all the temporary hospitals they put in place that sat empty to then be dismantled could have used those millions to build and staff at least one permanent one. Also they need to start giving grants and bursaries again to those wishing to train as nurses and doctors so we don't have such shortages of staff

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Last Tuesday was the day after a bank holiday so was lower than usual. The rest of the week will be fine now back to normal based on the same day last week. Based on the previous weeks gone by it's still gone down. 2,537 in hospital as well so that's getting slashed every week and will be in triple figures hopefully this month.

Reactions: 3
The NHS doesn't really need any more money it needs reform and for the money to be spent on the right things. Plenty of fat cats on huge wages making shocking decisions with our tax money. You could give them a blank check and you would still see the same issues. Look at all the temporary hospitals they put in place that sat empty to then be dismantled could have used those millions to build and staff at least one permanent one. Also they need to start giving grants and bursaries again to those wishing to train as nurses and doctors so we don't have such shortages of staff
Don’t disagree at all. I’m sure I’ve read nursing applications are at their highest ever rate this year which is fantastic.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oooh our first mention of Christmas being cancelled 🥴 we made it to April guys, not bad going 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Maybe like the army , you have to work for so many years before emigrating, if you want to emigrate earlier you pay some of the cost of your training back

Reactions: 1
Maybe like the army , you have to work for so many years before emigrating, if you want to emigrate earlier you pay some of the cost of your training back
Emigrate where? Not sure anywhere would have us 😂

Reactions: 2
Anyone work on a make up counter? I appreciate if the public can’t touch the testers so what’s the procedure instead?

do staff swatch on paper for you? is it just tough you take a chance and buy the item unswatched? !!

I’ve no idea as I’ve bought nothing new but a few tinted lip balms and mascara in the last year as I hate making costly mistakes, but I’m at the point we’re I’d love some stuff that I’ve seen at Chanel and Dior, that I’d normally swatch on my face or at least my hand before buying

I've had a wonderful time going to the reopened shops. Got the stuff I'd usually buy on boxing day (such as me wrapping paper) etc. Just need some new clothes now but even though I saw that changing rooms can open, I've not seen any open. I neeeeed to try things on 🤣 lockdown chonk

Am I missing something with the new rules that came out Monday.... all I’m seeing is friends and family sat next to each other in pubs and restaurants (outside obviously), but I’m unsure why everyone suddenly thinks social distancing doesn’t exist? Finding it really frustrating scrolling through Instagram the last couple days 😣 anyone else?

Reactions: 5
i think that already happens with nursing if you want to leave the job within a certain amount of years of training you have opted into

We’ve just had one so I doubt we will
I know but i mean a better more appropriate payrise!

Reactions: 1
Am I missing something with the new rules that came out Monday.... all I’m seeing is friends and family sat next to each other in pubs and restaurants (outside obviously), but I’m unsure why everyone suddenly thinks social distancing doesn’t exist? Finding it really frustrating scrolling through Instagram the last couple days 😣 anyone else?
I haven't been to any pubs or restaurants yet but last year I did and the tables weren't set out so you could distance from those at your table. A table for 6 was 6 seats as close together as they were pre-pandemic - there was no option but to sit close. The tables were spaced away from each other so you weren't close to others but that was it. If a table for 6 was spaced with 2 metres between each diner then it would take out at least another 1 or even 2 tables to accommodate which means less patrons for the pub/restaurant I guess?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I haven't been to any pubs or restaurants yet but last year I did and the tables weren't set out so you could distance from those at your table. A table for 6 was 6 seats as close together as they were pre-pandemic - there was no option but to sit close. The tables were spaced away from each other so you weren't close to others but that was it. If a table for 6 was spaced with 2 metres between each diner then it would take out at least another 1 or even 2 tables to accommodate which means less patrons for the pub/restaurant I guess?
This is one of the reasons i think they should just do away with social distancing now. The virus is that clever that it can tell whether you are at the pub or if you are at work or in the garden of a relative, because if its the first one you are safe but they other two is a big no no :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is one of the reasons i think they should just do away with social distancing now. The virus is that clever that it can tell whether you are at the pub or if you are at work or in the garden of a relative, because if its the first one you are safe but they other two is a big no no :ROFLMAO:
Dont forget the virus doesn’t like the sweaty gym either haha 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.