Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just an observation but I had my Pfizer back in December and at the time no one wanted that one 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've had my second Oxford AZ vaccine and I'm feeling tired and sick. My first jab I was fine.
My sister said the same , she had no side effects from the first but the second made her feel rough , it was only 24 hours though , she is a care worker and didn't need time off so hopefully you will feel OK by tomorrow.
I had a weird sensation after my first, I was fine until the following night, then I started to feel like I was coming down with flu , I was dreading the next day.
Next morning I felt on top of the world though , no side effects like I thought , my arm was sore to touch for about a week.

Reactions: 4
What we need is a new NHS Chief not a new normal. One that doesn't try and keep people frightened at the risk of damaging mental health by sharing ill thought out opinions.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
It makes me angry when they say this because ok then if you really think that Boris what can we do, be in lockdown forever?! What’s the point in urging people to vaccinate then if you then turn around and say it’s not been down to that?!?
Seems to me like an excuse to bring on more lockdowns when the mood takes him

• Sad
What we need is a new NHS Chief not a new normal. One that doesn't try and keep people frightened at the risk of damaging mental health by sharing ill thought out opinions.

They should give us all a ‘COVID first aid kit’ containing
-1. A asthma pump
-2. Dexamethasone
-3. Remdesiver
-4. Pcr test
-5. Lateral flow test

Reactions: 3
I'm actually slightly concerned with some of the comments coming out by the govt/NHS the last day or two, it's taken me rather by surprise. I don't buy into all this "they want us locked down to control us!" conspiracy twaddle - the effect on GDP of locking down is utterly horrendous, no Tory govt would want that - no, I'm concerned they've been presented with new data, perhaps on new variants and vaccine efficacy, and vaccinations are looking less positive as a longterm solution.

I wonder if countries around the world will end up solving this by basically living under restrictions from October-March and being opened up from April to September? Perhaps that will end up being the 'new normal'? A lot of industries would have to change if that was the case.

I don't know. Maybe it's all just misjudged, over-cautious language to cover their backs - and maybe the vaccines/boosters will do enough to keep hospitalisations below an acceptable level indefinitely. This is my hope, since it's the only chance we've got of staying open 12 months a year.

Reactions: 10
I'm actually slightly concerned with some of the comments coming out by the govt/NHS the last day or two, it's taken me rather by surprise. I don't buy into all this "they want us locked down to control us!" conspiracy twaddle - the effect on GDP of locking down is utterly horrendous, no Tory govt would want that - no, I'm concerned they've been presented with new data, perhaps on new variants and vaccine efficacy, and vaccinations are looking less positive as a longterm solution.

I wonder if countries around the world will end up solving this by basically living under restrictions from October-March and being opened up from April to September? Perhaps that will end up being the 'new normal'? A lot of industries would have to change if that was the case.

I don't know. Maybe it's all just misjudged, over-cautious language to cover their backs - and maybe the vaccines/boosters will do enough to keep hospitalisations below an acceptable level indefinitely. This is my hope, since it's the only chance we've got of staying open 12 months a year.
The people are already going pretty mental in Europe about the restrictions. Italy and Austria have seemed to had enough and there's big protests gathering on a weekly basis (probably more). Mainland Europeans know how to protest much more efficiently than the Brits. We just mouth off on twitter a bit. The protests that do happen don't seem to get great numbers and are swiftly and brutally disbanded by the police.

Reactions: 6
Personally I've had the vaccine and will have the second in June, I think the risk of clotting is lower than you catching covid and dying , and that's a fairly low number, we have to live with certain risks otherwise life isn't worth living, living a normal life with a virus we can do nothing about except a vaccine is worth doing imo , if you drive on a motorway you are always an idiot away from crashing into you and killing you , yet we do that everyday in our millions , we keep being told that extra bit of cake will make us fat and kill us , yet we all have a bit more cake every now and then, its called living a life, if you keep listening to the scaremongering of the press and media we would do nothing and die from our immune levels being zero and our mental health sending us into insanity.

You have to do what you think is right, but remember if Johnson starts thinking not enough people are having his vaccine then he will find a reason to use it as an excuse to keep locking us down, at least if you have had the vaccine you can go out and protest with a less risk of being ill , because I'm joining the next protest if Johnson uses anymore restrictions or lockdowns after June
It depends on your age and health status, if you are under 30, fit and healthy with no health conditions you are statistically more likely to die from the blood clot side effect than Covid itself

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The people are already going pretty mental in Europe about the restrictions. Italy and Austria have seemed to had enough and there's big protests gathering on a weekly basis (probably more). Mainland Europeans know how to protest much more efficiently than the Brits. We just mouth off on twitter a bit. The protests that do happen don't seem to get great numbers and are swiftly and brutally disbanded by the police.
That isn't true. we have huge protests that are amazing they are just not shown. You need to watch live on a foreign news station.

That isn't true. we have huge protests that are amazing they are just not shown. You need to watch live on a foreign news station.
There's the odd big one but most are pretty small. I've watched a lot of them on Ruptly. But I do agree they don't get shown a lot.

I would absolutely kill myself if that was how we were expected to live from here on out

• Sad
Reactions: 9

I agree i think a winter lockdown every year could be a possible future :(

• Sad
There's the odd big one but most are pretty small. I've watched a lot of them on Ruptly. But I do agree they don't get shown a lot.
The London ones are huge. My daughter goes to them all. The only one that didn't reach huge numbers was the one where the police stopped trains and coaches turned people back at the tube and kettled people in various locations stopping them from grouping up.

I agree i think a winter lockdown every year could be a possible future :(
Only if people accept it.

Reactions: 7
The London ones are huge. My daughter goes to them all. The only one that didn't reach huge numbers was the one where the police stopped trains and coaches turned people back at the tube and kettled people in various locations stopping them from grouping up.
I remember some summer ones being huge, but then it was through a phase of being pretty small for a while. I guess it's hard to tell how big/small they are sometimes though as all depends on the angle. I'm sure now restrictions have dropped the coaches and trains will be back.

Reactions: 1
People die from adverse reactions to medication frequently, should we therefore stop others from having that medication even if it would potentially save their life? Because it’s the same thing. No one is saying it doesn’t matter but the risk to benefits ratio is weighted towards benefits currently.
Exactly
If you get the BNF, every single medication contains reactions and adverse effects . But the benefits of taking the medication outweigh the risks

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.