Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its hard sell with the vaccine, my Mum (88) refused it when the Drs rang and today another person from the NHS rang up and left a message on the answerphone about it. Wanting to know what she's doing etc. He said he'd ring back.
The neighbour opposite collapsed after having it and is now still in hospital and its been over a week. Another neighbours daughter is a healthcare worker and her colleague died after having it!. It was woman in her late 30s.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The neighbour opposite collapsed after having it and is now still in hospital and its been over a week. Another neighbours daughter is a healthcare worker and her colleague died after having it!. It was woman in her late 30s.
Hi, were these in the UK? Can you tell me n what area the colleague died? I'm trying to verify these stories, this is interesting.

Its hard sell with the vaccine, my Mum (88) refused it when the Drs rang and today another person from the NHS rang up and left a message on the answerphone about it. Wanting to know what she's doing etc. He said he'd ring back.

I can understand that that's concerning but, without sounding heartless, young people can die suddenly. A friend of my daughter's collapsed and died with a blood clot the other week. She was 40. I would imagine that a PM will determine the cause of death and it could be that it was completely coincidental to her having had the vaccine. The same with your Mum's neighbour...tests will show why she collapsed. But I can understand your Mum's worries.

Reactions: 10
This is wonderful news but I am very confused with SAGE saying that the infections haven’t dropped. Do you think they are saying that to make sure people are still complying?
I’m not sure what their reasoning is, but the fact that the drop in cases is being mirrored in admissions now does re confirm that they are dropping and it’s not that people aren’t coming forward for testing in the same numbers (this was inferred at one point.)

Reactions: 7
Vaccines. We've had enough lockdowns now on to our third to know they don't work that well.
The initial lockdown did work, I think the reduction is probably mostly lockdown (overall cases are dropping, not just those in vaccinated population) and a bit of vaccines helping too.

It’s still early days, I’m not sure how you could confidently say it is vaccines as the experts can’t at the moment. Once it’s confirmed they will let us know I’m sure.

If vaccines are having a big effect on cases dropping then that would mean they do stop transmission somewhat so that would be great news.

The problem is that with figures like this..

and the rate of vaccine and still around 2 weeks until restrictions are going to be discussed about being lifted they're going to find it hard to argue that we can lockdown for much longer.
People will quite rightly start to question sacrificing things and question the vaccine.
They have to start coming up with convincing answers, and not suddenly blame a varient that they've spent a month saying is no more dangerous that the first god knows how many

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think hopefully in the end if enough vulnerable people are vaccinated it should end the need for lockdowns, then again some people will probably ruin it for everyone else

Reactions: 5
Vaccines. We've had enough lockdowns now on to our third to know they don't work that well.
Lockdowns do work. What does not work is when people do not comply with the guidelines in place in terms of wearing masks and keeping distance in situations/environments were it is required, as well as continuing to mix with people indoors. Another factor is our borders have never been closed and testing at airports was not implemented until very recently.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I keep reading about lockdowns everywhere in the world except the US, where I live, and I honestly don’t know what the solution is but I can tell you that the virus is out of control where I am and most people are refusing to even wear a mask on the grounds of ‘freedom’ :rolleyes: they’re free to do what they want, okay? Fuckers. Well, the area where I am has a positivity rate of 28-31% every god damn week meaning 28-31% of the people who get tested test positive for covid. So yayy us! At least we have our freedom, otherwise we’d really be screwed (sarcasm).
I know the feeling. My overseas friends ask what the rules are over here and I keep saying “I don’t know, I just wear my mask when I leave the house” Even the vaccine varies depending on states. I’m in a state that has started vaccinating teachers in order to get the kids back into school. Some states are lobbying to strip their governors of their power to enact restrictions like wearing masks. It’s a free for all. I honestly think chances of not getting COVID depend on each individual’s feeling towards masks, social distancing, etc but then which state you live in. Look at Florida. Absolutely no restrictions and no mask mandate. They can do whatever they want.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.