Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep reading about lockdowns everywhere in the world except the US, where I live, and I honestly don’t know what the solution is but I can tell you that the virus is out of control where I am and most people are refusing to even wear a mask on the grounds of ‘freedom’ :rolleyes: they’re free to do what they want, okay? Fuckers. Well, the area where I am has a positivity rate of 28-31% every god damn week meaning 28-31% of the people who get tested test positive for covid. So yayy us! At least we have our freedom, otherwise we’d really be screwed (sarcasm).

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Haha yes I see this too, people on Instagram like ‘omg what are they going to announce now’

... erm, nothing? They do this every day? They will probs just do a little speech about how many vaccines they’ve done today and then take some probably ridiculous questions from the press like ‘Prime Minister, can you personally guarantee we will be allowed a 12 person Easter egg hunt indoors on Easter Sunday and if not 12, exactly how many?’

Even when it’s Boris rather than the others it nearly always means nothing, just that they need to make him show his face once a week so we don’t all complain 🙄

we are already in a lockdown I’m not sure what every one is expecting to be announced at this point 😂
This has proper make me laugh that question. It’s so true though, soon they’ll be asking ‘Prime minister can you confirm if Easter eggs count as essential in supermarkets’ after the great Easter egg drama of 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Bless you. This won’t be like this for 2 years in lockdown we will be learning to live with it. I can’t even imagine how hard it is for teenagers / parents of them right now. I’m early 20s and feel resentful enough and I know that this is nobodies fault and there’s nothing which can change. But at 15 I would have been a full blown nightmare missing friends, boyfriends, even just being in school cocking around. They may think or act like they hate you but they don’t really it’s just build up rage. I don’t have an answer for you really but try to remember teenagers are shits and they don’t often see the bigger picture or mean what they say!
Thank you so much. I’ve had a cry today, I’m really rock bottom with trying to keep everyone happy and it’s making me feel so unwell. ❤❤❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any positivity about this ending? Last week I heard of a healthy 40 year old dying of covid, leaving behind her 5 children, same age as me and it sent me on a downward spiral. I also had my daughter giving me grief all weekend because she’s had enough and wants to see her friends. She’s 15. Her friends are all breaking rules, sleepovers etc she has been so good about it all as she knows I am more vulnerable and we follow all the rules but she’s now blaming us saying we’re OTT not letting her see friends, she’s had enough, resents us she’s lost a year of her childhood etc... You’d swear I invented covid or ate the bat 😜

I ended up crying last night to my husband, I’ve found this year has been my hardest as a parent. I’m sure many feel the same. I’ve neglected my own mental health busting a gut to make my children happy and uplifted but it doesn’t last long and I understand they are struggling I really do. I think us parents have a very hard job, we’re tying to work from home, worried about catching covid so have our own fears, help our kids home school, keep our kids mh ok, our own mh, keep our jobs, find extra money for all the extra food and electricity this is costing...It’s a lot.

I said to my husband I can’t take much more. I feel like my children hate and blame me at times. I know they’re teenagers and want their lives back, I really do understand it must be so hard but I can’t carry on with my kids so up and down anymore, I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I don’t mean to sound selfish as this pandemic affects everyone in different ways. I’m not saying it’s easier if your children are little but I wish mine were little again during this, having teenagers in a pandemic is bloody stressful and teens (especially girls at this age) are stressful enough 😀

Hearing we could be like this for 2 more years terrifies me. My children will end up hating me even more, the stress they’ll cause etc it’ll all be too much. They have been great but they’re now sick of it and just blame me for sticking to the rules 😟 Any other parents with teenagers dealing with the same?
I hear ya and can empathise. Hope it improves for you soon!
As much as I try so hard be postive upbeat for kids they are total joy suckers some day especially the older ones they like vampires they want stay up all night, sleep all day and don't want leave the house for a walk or do anything constructive or help.
Every day like groundhog day more cups and plates in their bedroom than ikea!
Rubbish in there room and all over house down side sofa.
They seem incapable putting anything away i mean basic things we have a shoe cupboard and 10 coat hooks.
They never stop eating unless its meals then its crap they don't like it.
The dog has ate husbands shoes and made a mess on the decking and ripped the foam out of a cushion.
Child 2 has slept all day and missed half of her class Google meets and has messy room.
The eldest has lost her art pencils and blaming everyone also cam the dog not bark on her live lessons.
Managed get child 3 onto Microsoft teams with his class hes done next to no work yet today and there's loads tasks in see saw to do and submit.
I am falling behind on see saw tasks and feeling like a tit parent and teacher.
I worry the toddlers neglected and has too much screen time.
Husband lucky hes at work.
During 1st wave I had evening job and I enjoyed escaping them I can't even go toiliet in peace.
Yesterday I had go retail park only briefly get dog some food and pads God did the teenager whinge that it was eating into her free time.
Every room looks filthy like its been ransacked.

Child 2 had mystery illness in autumn.
2 covid tests
Blood came back normal included spots rash fatigue.
I did wonder about immunity.
My 2.5 year old hasent been to toddler group since last Feb.
Shes seen grandparents once since pandemic began.
Shes not gone to preschool or nursery aa planned.
She only goes round the block as the parks are busy and the weathers awful.
She was doing socially distanced baby ballet class she loved up until lockdown.
I do worry about her immunity.

I did wonder about this south African varient as thought they said 77 confirmed cases but other than kay burley wasnt sure how popular south Africa is as all the celebs in dubai.
Guess press conference be fun later.
Haven't seen news since this morning has wee nicola commented on Europe yet or uk vaccine secrets.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As much as I try so hard be postive upbeat for kids they are total joy suckers some day especially the older ones they like vampires they want stay up all night, sleep all day and don't want leave the house for a walk or do anything constructive or help.
They seem incapable putting anything away i mean basic things we have a shoe cupboard and 10 coat hooks.
The dog has ate husbands shoes and made a mess on the decking and ripped the foam out of a cushion.
Child 2 has slept all day and missed half of her class Google meets and has messy room.
The eldest has lost her art pencils and blaming everyone also cam the dog not bark on her live lessons.
Managed get child 3 onto Microsoft teams with his class hes done next to no work yet today and there's loads tasks in see saw to do and submit.
During 1st wave I had evening job and I enjoyed escaping them I can't even go toiliet in peace.
Yesterday I had go retail park only briefly get dog some food and pads God did the teenager whinge that it was eating into her free time.

2 covid tests

I did wonder about this south African varient as thought they said 77 confirmed cases but other than kay burley wasnt sure how popular south Africa is as all the celebs in dubai.
Haven't seen news since this morning has wee nicola commented on Europe yet or uk vaccine secrets.
Oh I can relate. These kids are costing me a damn fortune in food and electricity. They don’t know how lucky they are, it’s us being bled dry financially and emotionally lol. They’re constant snappy, miserable and demanding treats to ‘keep them happy’ grrrr. I’m fed up, pissed off and I hope whoever invented covid or ate that bat, rots 😂😂 Bastards!

Reactions: 8
Even when it’s Boris rather than the others it nearly always means nothing, just that they need to make him show his face once a week so we don’t all c
I read somewhere (was it here?!) That Boris does it on a Wednesday mostly as he has to be sober for PMQs 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Don’t we have a briefing every week day now?

I see sometimes people think they are announcing stuff as there’s a briefing but I’m pretty sure they do a briefing every day at the minute?
I’m hoping he’s not going to announce a hampering on lifting the restrictions from the African variant or that the Kent variant has mutated further in such a short time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

2 covid tests

I love the honesty in your posts. Your house sounds just as chaotic and disorganised as mine right now.

I nearly had a meltdown over present tense verbs earlier😅 my eldest gives me attitude when ever I speak to her unless it’s about Pokemon, Roblox or what’s for dinner. They’ve started arguing over who does their home school lessons first each day, so now I have to alternate. Trying to hs them both at the same time just doesn’t work.

Reactions: 7
Hope everyone is doing ok ♥ I've kept away from the past few threads as it wasn't doing me any good reading on here every day but just popped on to tell u all about my exciting day tomorrow 😂 off to the doctors for my cervical screening and then calling to Maccys Ds on the way back 😂 Probs the most exciting thing I've done all year 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does anyone have any positivity about this ending? Last week I heard of a healthy 40 year old dying of covid, leaving behind her 5 children, same age as me and it sent me on a downward spiral. I also had my daughter giving me grief all weekend because she’s had enough and wants to see her friends. She’s 15. Her friends are all breaking rules, sleepovers etc she has been so good about it all as she knows I am more vulnerable and we follow all the rules but she’s now blaming us saying we’re OTT not letting her see friends, she’s had enough, resents us she’s lost a year of her childhood etc... You’d swear I invented covid or ate the bat 😜

I ended up crying last night to my husband, I’ve found this year has been my hardest as a parent. I’m sure many feel the same. I’ve neglected my own mental health busting a gut to make my children happy and uplifted but it doesn’t last long and I understand they are struggling I really do. I think us parents have a very hard job, we’re tying to work from home, worried about catching covid so have our own fears, help our kids home school, keep our kids mh ok, our own mh, keep our jobs, find extra money for all the extra food and electricity this is costing...It’s a lot.

I said to my husband I can’t take much more. I feel like my children hate and blame me at times. I know they’re teenagers and want their lives back, I really do understand it must be so hard but I can’t carry on with my kids so up and down anymore, I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I don’t mean to sound selfish as this pandemic affects everyone in different ways. I’m not saying it’s easier if your children are little but I wish mine were little again during this, having teenagers in a pandemic is bloody stressful and teens (especially girls at this age) are stressful enough 😀

Hearing we could be like this for 2 more years terrifies me. My children will end up hating me even more, the stress they’ll cause etc it’ll all be too much. They have been great but they’re now sick of it and just blame me for sticking to the rules 😟 Any other parents with teenagers dealing with the same?
I’m sure I read and please don’t quote me that healthy people who have died from Covid was 3% of the whole total- which while being obviously too many , I would hazard a guess during a normal flu season there’s probably about the same percentage (obviously a lot lower numbers)

I would also think that most people who have teenagers are probably feeling like you are, it’s hard , my 12yr old nephew is staying in doing his work etc I saw about 6 of his friends all in the park cycling like they were in a peloton in the Tour de France

Reactions: 4
I had glandular fever 10 years ago but was treated as a chest infection over the phone due to swine flu (blood test later confirmed GF) since then Ive developed ME/Fibromyalgia (basically long covid!) its tit and my life has never been the same since.
Thats exactly the same as happened to me x

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hope everyone is doing ok ♥ I've kept away from the past few threads as it wasn't doing me any good reading on here every day but just popped on to tell u all about my exciting day tomorrow 😂 off to the doctors for my cervical screening and then calling to Maccys Ds on the way back 😂 Probs the most exciting thing I've done all year 😂😂
Snap! I'm all booked in for tomorrow too!

Reactions: 5
I love the honesty in your posts. Your house sounds just as chaotic and disorganised as mine right now.

I nearly had a meltdown over present tense verbs earlier😅 my eldest gives me attitude when ever I speak to her unless it’s about Pokemon, Roblox or what’s for dinner. They’ve started arguing over who does their home school lessons first each day, so now I have to alternate. Trying to hs them both at the same time just doesn’t work.
Here its mine craft.
I am so done with frontal adverbial and constructive clauses turns out primary English curriculum is mechanic of English language total gibberish.
Child 2 slept through lunch.
Child 1 finished a boring day of live lessons on teams .
Child 3 still has loads work to do .
I will speed clean later before husband gets home.
The toddler is bored. The dog is napping.

The media make me so cross sky and Preston having a field day new varient drama.
BBC equally dramatic its over 100 confirmed cases 77 from travel to sf.
Only 11 cases non travel related in 8 different postcodes.
Door to door pcr testing sounds like they not trusting lateral flow tests so clearly they worried.

Guardian comments made me laugh lot people saying travel should been shut down sooner

Obviously brought in by people who believe they have diplomatic immunity.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m sure I read and please don’t quote me that healthy people who have died from Covid was 3% of the whole total- which while being obviously too many , I would hazard a guess during a normal flu season there’s probably about the same percentage (obviously a lot lower numbers)

I would also think that most people who have teenagers are probably feeling like you are, it’s hard , my 12yr old nephew is staying in doing his work etc I saw about 6 of his friends all in the park cycling like they were in a peloton in the Tour de France
I think that’s what makes it harder for them if their parents aren’t following rules and their friends are out and about living life normally because their parents don’t take it seriously.

Reactions: 3
Both measures still seeing a drop on last week 😊
F787BAB6-EEC2-40E6-9BAC-C07A58B0B587.png

Edit: also a 20% drop in admissions in the last 7 days 🥳
ABEDCB07-BFF5-45A1-898F-0A918410B79E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.