Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its not in the papers and I'm not willing to say the area. But its right.
Its alright laughing, but no one would be prepared to out themselves on here would they or you first with your names, addresses and postcodes then?

Reactions: 2
How did we get efficient enough to do door to door testing ?
Door to door testing has been happening regularly in Leicester for months now. The council send people knocking on doors here and thier twitter updates every day / every other day what areas they will be in

Reactions: 3
Its alright laughing, but no one would be prepared to out themselves on here would they or you first with your names, addresses and postcodes then?
I don’t think anyone asked you to do that.

But, it’s a pretty big claim that someone dropped down dead after having the vaccine. If this was the case I’m sure it would be publicised. We live in the UK, not China.

Reactions: 24
I assume this is aimed at me. A healthcare worker in her 30’s died as a result of having the vaccine and not one of her colleagues or family members have leaked it to the press? Yeah I don’t believe it and posting this type of unsubstantiated “gossip” is harmful. Literally dozens of us here have had the vaccine, myself included, with no issues other than a sore arm. Anyway, really not a topic I want to engage in further.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
No, not an address or postcode, but area? Scotland, England, Wales, NI? Where (roughly) and I'll follow it up with the health authority. No need to identify yourself.

Reactions: 12
The initial lockdown did work, I think the reduction is probably mostly lockdown (overall cases are dropping, not just those in vaccinated population) and a bit of vaccines helping too.

It’s still early days, I’m not sure how you could confidently say it is vaccines as the experts can’t at the moment. Once it’s confirmed they will let us know I’m sure.

If vaccines are having a big effect on cases dropping then that would mean they do stop transmission somewhat so that would be great news.
Lockdown for months on end and we touched days of 50000 infections and over 1500 deaths.

Just two months of vaccines as Pfizer started early December and we are back to the hundreds for deaths and hit the teens today for infections for the first time in ages.

Reactions: 5
Lockdown for months on end and we touched days of 50000 infections and over 1500 deaths.

Just two months of vaccines as Pfizer started early December and we are back to the hundreds for deaths and hit the teens today for infections for the first time in ages.
We only introduced tier 4 on 20th December and only entered national lockdown on January 5th?

Most of the country were in Tier 2 until 19th December - restaurants open, shops open, outdoor mixing up to 6 people. Also all schools open. A couple of areas were even in Tier 1 so it was hardly like we were in full lockdown for months was it?

I am not saying the vaccines aren’t helping but excuse me if I don’t take your word for it that it’s the vaccine not the lockdown lessening numbers when the scientists have said it’s too early to say 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

The lockdown in November was a poor excuse of a lockdown so it doesn’t really count. Before we entered the 3rd national lockdown numbers were escalating due to the new variant. I believe the decrease in cases is as a result of the current lockdown we are in rather than the vaccines as scientists say it will not be known until around mid February the impact vaccines are having on the data.

Reactions: 9
My Grandma had the Pfizer vaccine before Christmas, literally one of the firsts. I’ve just found out she’s lied and cancelled her 2nd one last month (we all thought it had been postponed) because she doesn’t trust them and only wants the British one. I’m infuriated 🤦‍♀️ Her own sister died of covid in a care home a week ago.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Not sure if others visit the Tom Moore thread but I find it outrageous that he/his family went to Barbados in December. Well, he is now in hospital with Covid and his family is WITH him by his bedside... I am actually outraged. What about all the other families in the UK who have had someone die but were/are not allowed even into the hospital??? I thought that family still was not allowed to visit? Grace Victory has been in a coma for over a month and her sister just speaks about getting phone calls with updates..
Some are saying it could be an "end of life" visit... but even other covid patients have died alone and their families have had to say bye via Facetime.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...ws-Bedford-Hospital-statement-family-war-hero

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
The effect of the vaccines cannot be determined this quickly, surely.

also there was a slow start to the vaccines.

the numbers are going the right way - it’s disheartening to hear about this newvariant.

when does it all end?

Not sure if others visit the Tom Moore thread but I find it outrageous that he/his family went to Barbados in December. Well, he is now in hospital with Covid and his family is WITH him by his bedside... I am actually outraged. What about all the other families in the UK who have had someone die but were/are not allowed even into the hospital??? I thought that family still was not allowed to visit? Grace Victory has been in a coma for over a month and her sister just speaks about getting phone calls with updates.. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...ws-Bedford-Hospital-statement-family-war-hero
special treatment because he “funded” the nhs

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.