Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wome

Jeez let’s hope those vaccines work :oops:
Theres something extremely dodgy and weird I don't get about the extra doses really is.
If course they always planned to increase output at the 2 European factories thats not quite same as expanding the eu operating surely that's adding new factories or employing extra people.
I am not at all scientific by the way and maybe I'm simplifying it too much.
Imagine the vaccines are a nice posh sour dough bread loaf and the issue is the small component they can't get the bread to rise.
I don't understand with their best endeavors last week they couldn't magic up extra but all within less that a week they can suddenly deliver 40/ 80 million by end of march.
Anyone else suspect after all it ll kicked off they accused uk of having away 4million of vaccines made in uk factories which is why they raised the Belgian factory tue.
That Belgian officials confirmed that az were not lying they did indeed gave production issues that uk factory had initially and were ironed out.
I think the contract said British factory could produced eu only once fully delivered 100 million uk ordered 3months before EU.
I was shocked quite how behind eu are on vaccines.
They still haven't placed an order for novavax and valneva is French.
They gave German curevac 70million stil no vaccine and god knows how much they have French Sanofi who don't know when there's is available.
Shes trying go save face..truth is I can't see how they meet their schedule because they still 40millioon short on AZ.
Phizer been a lot slower and less than we were expecting in uk too although I believe they ironed out their production issues.
However the new transparency law and authority still gives the eu power to snoop on other countries orders and seize them fir Europe .
Moderna also having issues and delivering less in Feb to a few European countries also we ordered before but uk told March fir moderna.
Moderna has exclusive contract fulfill Americans first yet Europe not accused USA vaccine nationalism
Either AZ has back stock or miracle happened to quickly solve their production issues.
The eu contract was awful and felt like EU lose at court.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any positivity about this ending? Last week I heard of a healthy 40 year old dying of covid, leaving behind her 5 children, same age as me and it sent me on a downward spiral. I also had my daughter giving me grief all weekend because she’s had enough and wants to see her friends. She’s 15. Her friends are all breaking rules, sleepovers etc she has been so good about it all as she knows I am more vulnerable and we follow all the rules but she’s now blaming us saying we’re OTT not letting her see friends, she’s had enough, resents us she’s lost a year of her childhood etc... You’d swear I invented covid or ate the bat 😜

I ended up crying last night to my husband, I’ve found this year has been my hardest as a parent. I’m sure many feel the same. I’ve neglected my own mental health busting a gut to make my children happy and uplifted but it doesn’t last long and I understand they are struggling I really do. I think us parents have a very hard job, we’re tying to work from home, worried about catching covid so have our own fears, help our kids home school, keep our kids mh ok, our own mh, keep our jobs, find extra money for all the extra food and electricity this is costing...It’s a lot.

I cried to my husband and said I can’t take much more. I feel like my children hate and blame me at times. I know they’re teenagers and want their lives back I really do understand it must be so hardm but I can’t carry on with my kids so up and down anymore, I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I’m not saying it’s easier if your children are little but I wish mine were little again during this, having teenagers in a pandemic is bloody stressful and teens (especially girls at this age) are stressful enough 😀

Hearing we could be like this for 2 more years terrifies me. My children will end up hating me even more, the stress they’ll cause etc it’ll all be too much. They are aware I have health conditions and have been great but they’re now sick of it and just blame me for sticking to the rules 😟
This won’t go on in the same way for another 2 years, not like we are now. The virus will still be in circulation (if that’s the right word!) but we won’t be “locked down” for that length of time. There will come a point where we have to learn to live with the virus rather than pause life. Also you will surely be getting a vaccine soon, which will be a positive step and although I know they are not 100% effective it will greatly reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill with it.

Reactions: 13
This won’t go on in the same way for another 2 years, not like we are now. The virus will still be in circulation (if that’s the right word!) but we won’t be “locked down” for that length of time. There will come a point where we have to learn to live with the virus rather than pause life. Also you will surely be getting a vaccine soon, which will be a positive step and although I know they are not 100% effective it will greatly reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill with it.
Thank you. Yes I’m hoping once we are vaccinated I can relax a little.

I worry if my children won’t be vaccinated they can still get it and bring it into the house. I just have to hope the vaccine is effective. I just hate living like this, my children are sick of me asking thrm to wash their hands after touching parcels and letters, they roll their eyes and say I’m dramatic. It feels like a constant battle with them, one I don’t have the energy for. I’m tired now. I just wish they’d be kind and think before they react, and see how much us parents are dealing with, I think they underestimate the stress we carry as parents in a pandemic but that’s kids they don’t think of things like that,

At one point there was just a handful of cases a week per local authority up here, then it gradually rose as things opened up.

People are stupid here though, we can’t be trusted to go to the pub and not act like delinquents 😂

The truest comment I've ever seen on here 🤣🤣🤣

Us geordies are very..... Unique

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Another grey Monday, another week of not going anywhere and and being held prisoner by the kids homework.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My friend has been very ill with glandular fever. She ended up in out of hours one night and the doctor said that she is seeing a rise in this in ‘healthy people’. The lack of social interaction, the constant hand washing, wearing masks etc is effecting peoples immune systems. What should have just been a bug or virus that would have been shrugged off in a few days is now turning much worse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My friend has been very ill with glandular fever. She ended up in out of hours one night and the doctor said that she is seeing a rise in this in ‘healthy people’. The lack of social interaction, the constant hand washing, wearing masks etc is effecting peoples immune systems. What should have just been a bug or virus that would have been shrugged off in a few days is now turning much worse.
I had a glandular fever at uni, it’s awful 😞

Reactions: 1
My friend had glandular fever in our 20s and she couldnt work full time for about 5 years. It was awful.

I have been saying for ages I worry about this effect on our immune systems long term. Could it also be the reason why this new strain is "more infectious" ??

• Wow
Yes I must admit I feared this from the start.

I do wonder if things like the dreaded norovirus are going to run rife when some sort of normality returns. I guess we just need to hope that all of the handwashing, social distancing and just greater awareness of what you're touching will ensure that even if people's immune systems are weaker, they're less likely to actually pick up the germs to begin with.

Reactions: 3
I had glandular fever 10 years ago but was treated as a chest infection over the phone due to swine flu (blood test later confirmed GF) since then Ive developed ME/Fibromyalgia (basically long covid!) its tit and my life has never been the same since.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Worrying

Hancock briefing at 5pm

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I had glandular fever 10 years ago but was treated as a chest infection over the phone due to swine flu (blood test later confirmed GF) since then Ive developed ME/Fibromyalgia (basically long covid!) its tit and my life has never been the same since.
I have fibro amongst other things, I sympathise x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Don’t we have a briefing every week day now?

I see sometimes people think they are announcing stuff as there’s a briefing but I’m pretty sure they do a briefing every day at the minute?

Does anyone have any positivity about this ending? Last week I heard of a healthy 40 year old dying of covid, leaving behind her 5 children, same age as me and it sent me on a downward spiral. I also had my daughter giving me grief all weekend because she’s had enough and wants to see her friends. She’s 15. Her friends are all breaking rules, sleepovers etc she has been so good about it all as she knows I am more vulnerable and we follow all the rules but she’s now blaming us saying we’re OTT not letting her see friends, she’s had enough, resents us she’s lost a year of her childhood etc... You’d swear I invented covid or ate the bat 😜

I ended up crying last night to my husband, I’ve found this year has been my hardest as a parent. I’m sure many feel the same. I’ve neglected my own mental health busting a gut to make my children happy and uplifted but it doesn’t last long and I understand they are struggling I really do. I think us parents have a very hard job, we’re tying to work from home, worried about catching covid so have our own fears, help our kids home school, keep our kids mh ok, our own mh, keep our jobs, find extra money for all the extra food and electricity this is costing...It’s a lot.

I said to my husband I can’t take much more. I feel like my children hate and blame me at times. I know they’re teenagers and want their lives back, I really do understand it must be so hard but I can’t carry on with my kids so up and down anymore, I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I don’t mean to sound selfish as this pandemic affects everyone in different ways. I’m not saying it’s easier if your children are little but I wish mine were little again during this, having teenagers in a pandemic is bloody stressful and teens (especially girls at this age) are stressful enough 😀

Hearing we could be like this for 2 more years terrifies me. My children will end up hating me even more, the stress they’ll cause etc it’ll all be too much. They have been great but they’re now sick of it and just blame me for sticking to the rules 😟 Any other parents with teenagers dealing with the same?
Bless you. This won’t be like this for 2 years in lockdown we will be learning to live with it. I can’t even imagine how hard it is for teenagers / parents of them right now. I’m early 20s and feel resentful enough and I know that this is nobodies fault and there’s nothing which can change. But at 15 I would have been a full blown nightmare missing friends, boyfriends, even just being in school cocking around. They may think or act like they hate you but they don’t really it’s just build up rage. I don’t have an answer for you really but try to remember teenagers are shits and they don’t often see the bigger picture or mean what they say!

• Heart

I see sometimes people think they are announcing stuff as there’s a briefing but I’m pretty sure they do a briefing every day at the minute?
I have been meaning to post about this but in the beginning they did daily conferences and by May time no one watched then they did weekly, then only if we have an announcement.

Once cases got up again they obviously decided to do it daily again and everyone is all [brenda voice] NOT ANOTHER ONE 🤣

Makes me lol. A friend of mine tags another friend in all the Simple Politics announcements on instagram every bloody day about this.

I have been meaning to post about this but in the beginning they did daily conferences and by May time no one watched then they did weekly, then only if we have an announcement.

Once cases got up again they obviously decided to do it daily again and everyone is all [brenda voice] NOT ANOTHER ONE 🤣

Makes me lol. A friend of mine tags another friend in all the Simple Politics announcements on instagram every bloody day about this.
Haha yes I see this too, people on Instagram like ‘omg what are they going to announce now’

... erm, nothing? They do this every day? They will probs just do a little speech about how many vaccines they’ve done today and then take some probably ridiculous questions from the press like ‘Prime Minister, can you personally guarantee we will be allowed a 12 person Easter egg hunt indoors on Easter Sunday and if not 12, exactly how many?’

Even when it’s Boris rather than the others it nearly always means nothing, just that they need to make him show his face once a week so we don’t all complain 🙄

we are already in a lockdown I’m not sure what every one is expecting to be announced at this point 😂

I agree, I don't know why everyone is always panicking when the time of a briefing is confirmed. They happen all the time, it doesn't mean anything is being announced in fact a solid 98% of briefings haven't announced any new restrictions so it is actually incredibly unlikely that is what a new briefing means.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.