Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The concern is that is can transmit faster/more contagious. In addition it has changes to the virus spike protein which they are still not sure if vaccine will be effective against. Postcodes are areas where the variant has been found or possibly could be circulating, they may have widened the postcode search as people travel in and out of areas which widens the transmission.
Thank You!

Every time you think there’s a light at the end of the tunnel along comes another curveball. Will it ever bloody end?

Reactions: 4
Thank You!

Every time you think there’s a light at the end of the tunnel along comes another curveball. Will it ever bloody end?
You’re most welcome! I guess the positive is that they are onto it with the door to door testing and hopefully effective contact tracing. In regards to the vaccines we alredy have them circulating and if they show to not be as effective against these new variants, they can be tweaked.

Reactions: 5
350000 being doorstep tested.......

Soon gone up from 80000 earlier......

Reactions: 2
Its either worse than we keep being told
Maybe immune to vaccines
Or they think we have a real problem and its more widespread and want to use these tests as way to measure as small sample as seems odd 3 different corners if the country.
You know like in Hancock fave film contagion some if the characters crossed paths I can't see how someone london/ brum and North east cross paths as we lockdown so we not meant travel far anyway.
Gabriella Lindley (you tuber) has travelled between Sheffield and Brighton and so has her mum... Both by car and train! Plus think of all the delivery drivers... I know some that travel miles and miles per day doing multiple drops and not just in one local area

The concern is that is can transmit faster/more contagious. In addition it has changes to the virus spike protein which they are still not sure if vaccine will be effective against.
I was watching gmb might been just before Christmas..
They had a panel and one was top guy at OXFORD AZ Mr Bell he said he was worried about south African varient.
He said normal virus as analogy would attach spike protein to 1 shoulder but south African is both shoulders.
It will limit efficiancy of all the vaccines they won't be unless just not as effective.
If sf become dominant uk strain then we have a problem.

other scientists even valance don't convince me when asked about sf they say probably be OK.
350000 being doorstep tested.......

Soon gone up from 80000 earlier......

Exactly massive undertaking in cost and time which makes me think they think this is a bigger problem than we being told.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
@JLXRD I wish your profile wasn't private. I come on this page purely for your updates 😅❤
Haha aww sorry titntat but I don’t want you all to see how much I trash all the influencers on other threads too easily 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It does seem odd that they are spending so much resource on door to door.

What happens when they knock?
You can refuse a test?

You can refuse a test?
Of course you can, there’s no way the can force people to take tests!

I think it’s a good idea. We haven’t had the asymptomatic testing here (I don’t think, despite being like 15th highest in the country atm) but if they did I wouldn’t go out of my way to go when I didn’t have symptoms, but if someone shows up on my doorstep, might as well get tested.

(maybe I am just showing my laziness here 😬🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What I meant was, this must be expensive. How did it get up & running so quickly. It’s very efficient

We have either turned a corner (the best vaccine numbers & food to door testing) or I am missing something

I think it’s positive they are being so proactive it can only be a good thing, yes they will find more cases, but other countries that have tackled this well only have done by being proactive.

You can refuse a test?
If it's as lethal as it appears it's for the best that people are getting tested at their homes, instead of people risking spreading it by leaving their property for a test. I am worried about the risk of not getting a hard on too.....

What I meant was, this must be expensive. How did it get up & running so quickly. It’s very efficient

We have either turned a corner (the best vaccine numbers & food to door testing) or I am missing something
They probably didn’t want a repeat of the what happened with the Kent variant circulating at the speed it did around the country and have been preparing in advance for new emerging variants. We have also known about the South Africand and Brazilian variants for a few weeks now so possibly scientists advised for things to be in place ready for when these variants are found in the UK.

I guess in the long run it’s cheaper to pour money into this than extending furlough if a new variant were to get out of control and evade vaccines!

It would make a nice change for the gov to be proactive like that rather than throwing money at it after the fact again.

I guess in the long run it’s cheaper to pour money into this than extending furlough if a new variant were to get out of control and evade vaccines!

It would make a nice change for the gov to be proactive like that rather than throwing money at it after the fact again.
If borders had been closed from the very beginning we could have avoided this and so much more.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone have any positivity about this ending? Last week I heard of a healthy 40 year old dying of covid, leaving behind her 5 children, same age as me and it sent me on a downward spiral. I also had my daughter giving me grief all weekend because she’s had enough and wants to see her friends. She’s 15. Her friends are all breaking rules, sleepovers etc she has been so good about it all as she knows I am more vulnerable and we follow all the rules but she’s now blaming us saying we’re OTT not letting her see friends, she’s had enough, resents us she’s lost a year of her childhood etc... You’d swear I invented covid or ate the bat 😜

I ended up crying last night to my husband, I’ve found this year has been my hardest as a parent. I’m sure many feel the same. I’ve neglected my own mental health busting a gut to make my children happy and uplifted but it doesn’t last long and I understand they are struggling I really do. I think us parents have a very hard job, we’re tying to work from home, worried about catching covid so have our own fears, help our kids home school, keep our kids mh ok, our own mh, keep our jobs, find extra money for all the extra food and electricity this is costing...It’s a lot.

I said to my husband I can’t take much more. I feel like my children hate and blame me at times. I know they’re teenagers and want their lives back, I really do understand it must be so hard but I can’t carry on with my kids so up and down anymore, I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I don’t mean to sound selfish as this pandemic affects everyone in different ways. I’m not saying it’s easier if your children are little but I wish mine were little again during this, having teenagers in a pandemic is bloody stressful and teens (especially girls at this age) are stressful enough 😀

Hearing we could be like this for 2 more years terrifies me. My children will end up hating me even more, the stress they’ll cause etc it’ll all be too much. They have been great but they’re now sick of it and just blame me for sticking to the rules 😟 Any other parents with teenagers dealing with the same?
I believe that the woman you’re talking about wasn’t “fit and healthy” like the newspapers said. She was very overweight, it’s very sad that she’s passed away but the newspapers have got to stop spreading this tit! Being overweight is a underlying condition 😕

Is this the same guy that was breaking the rules at Kay Burleys party

My partners working late this week so I’ve got a lot of time in the evenings once the kids are in bed to think. Just been fantasising about the first day trip we can go on as a family once it’s safe to do so. At this point I think it might be a shock to their systems but I cannot wait to have some fun in our lives again. I feel so guilty over what they have missed out on even though obviously non of this is my fault. It’s probably the anxiety talking but I feel like their childhoods are wasting away😔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.