Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The OP should be able to log the result on the app and then the app will say what to do. I understood that regardless of a test result if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone positive you have to isolate as you could become positive at any point?
not if the initial isolation period has been completed after being in contact with a positive case though?

500 quid for catching the covid.

wonder how many now want to catch the covid 😂😂

Reactions: 10
My test results came back as negative - which is a relief. I’m just wondering what bug I have now as I feel crap!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And the ones that have already had it, that didn’t get £500, think it’s really unfair 🤔
especially those who followed the rules and felt the financial impact.
It’s odd tho spend millions a week on a scheme like this but voted against free school meals for children 😐

Reactions: 11
There will be some trying to catch it so they can attend a banned party , get the £500, then off set it against the new £800 fine 😂. You couldn’t make this tit up.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I personally love how everyone was falling over each other in disgust at the potential £500 being given to those on benefits (who mostly work) that they didn't actually manage to get to now falling at the governments feet and endless praise now it is open to everyone. Why do people only seem to care about 'the government purse' (which is what the money is for, out of taxes) when it helps someone less advantaged than them. What is wrong with this bleeping country and it's obsession with wealth inequality and (seemingly) wanting people to be in poverty because 'they deserve it'
I'M TALKING ABOUT ENGLAND BTW
And why have we waited over 10 MONTHS to just consider a blanket travel ban? Why is it always waiting and waiting. The £800 fine doesn't come in until next week, more waiting. We delayed the closure of travel corridors, more waiting. Gavin Williamson will make a statement about schools next week, more waiting. What the duck are we waiting for

Reactions: 19
I personally love how everyone was falling over each other in disgust at the potential £500 being given to those on benefits (who mostly work) that they didn't actually manage to get to now falling at the governments feet and endless praise now it is open to everyone. Why do people only seem to care about 'the government purse' (which is what the money is for, out of taxes) when it helps someone less advantaged than them. What is wrong with this bleeping country and it's obsession with wealth inequality and (seemingly) wanting people to be in poverty because 'they deserve it'
I'M TALKING ABOUT ENGLAND BTW
And why have we waited over 10 MONTHS to just consider a blanket travel ban? Why is it always waiting and waiting. The £800 fine doesn't come in until next week, more waiting. We delayed the closure of travel corridors, more waiting. Gavin Williamson will make a statement about schools next week, more waiting. What the duck are we waiting for
yep! And they’ll throw in a comment about universal credit or people on benefit bleeding the system for good measure.

I know people are sick to death of “new normal/unprecedented” etc but I’m getting a bit pissed at “we’re considering/it’s constantly under review” 😐

the EU are also “considering” stronger travel restrictions

yep!
I know people are sick to death of “new normal/unprecedented” etc but I’m getting a bit pissed at “we’re considering/it’s constantly under review” 😐

the EU are also “considering” stronger travel restrictions
They should just do it without warning in my opinion. People know the risks of travelling right now. They've made their bed, if they get stuck out their (I'm not talking about legitimate reasons) It's not like in March when everything was fine one day and then not the next

Reactions: 7
500 quid for catching the covid.

wonder how many now want to catch the covid 😂😂
Can't wait for the country's "covid cases" stats to go through the roof and us be covid capital of the world again.

Followed by ever more new restrictions to try and get all these new found cases down.

Also another kick in the teeth to the small businesses that have tried so hard to work through this and had such piss poor government support or in millions of cases no support at all.

Monumentally stupid idea.

Reactions: 5
Pretty much every town in Essex has a place you can get a test if you're asymptomatic
Which is great! Up where I am in a Lancashire seaside town (not the big one) we’ve only just had a permanent testing site put in place. I doubt we’d ever get a symptomatic testing here. It may be that they deem we don’t need it but nevertheless it’s still a consideration.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Don’t mix households, stay home, don’t go out in large groups, close everything we can to stop you mixing
but if you do catch the ‘rona there’s £500 in for you..,nudge nudge wink wink. I bet this weekend is busy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The £500 is just speculation UK borrowing is the highest it’s ever been I doubt they’ll add that to it

Reactions: 3
only 17% of people with symptoms are coming forward for testing,
Do we know how on earth they have come up with this claim? How can they know how the true number, if people are supposedly not coming forward for testing, doesn't make sense. Is it another crazy mad extrapolation by the "scientists"?

while just one-in-four comply with rules to self-isolate for 10 days after testing positive
Shouldn't that be fixed with better compliance checking and stronger penalties, than bribery?

Reactions: 7
The £500 is just speculation UK borrowing is the highest it’s ever been I doubt they’ll add that to it
handcock really needs to stop giving suggestions and stay quite.

unless they really are back on the heard immunity bandwagon and they’re paying you to lick your neighbour.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was speaking to my mum yesterday and talking about a family members (potentially) upcoming wedding and how numbers could restrict it a bit and my mum made a few comments which were confusing.

She mentioned a friend of a friend who's son got married in December 2020. They were allowed 25 at the church - this would be correct, thats the maximum allowed to attend weddings in Northern Ireland (or it was in Dec anyway). She then went onto say "But then they were allowed more in the evening. *insert hotel name here* said they could have around 60 guests for the reception" 😮 😮 😮 This does not seem correct to me at all! Fairly certain that hotel venue has broken the law. Surely they are risking a huge fine for that.

• Wow
handcock really needs to stop giving suggestions and stay quite.

unless they really are back on the heard immunity bandwagon and they’re paying you to lick your neighbour.
With these figures I’m sure Sunak won’t squeeze a rona incentive in

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.