Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d personally give it to the front facing workforce first, most people in that age group are shielding the vaccine isn’t 100% anyway but we still need supplies to keep going uninterrupted and medical care to take place.
workers have been done thankfully!

At my mum's care home, each GP goes in to vaccinate their own patients. Mum should have had hers last week but the snow put an end to that. Hoping she'll now get it today.

So if the 102 year old has a more organised GP than the 80 year old, that might be your answer.
not here, it’a arranged via the HSE I think

Reactions: 2
My hospital are doing well with vaccinating, now able to offer it to staffs relatives over 70 and any relative that has had a shielding letter

Reactions: 6
workers have been done thankfully!
I mean the general workforce, now the hospital situations have changed barely anyone of that age is being admitted they’re being made comfortable in the care home so it won’t make a much of a difference to the hospital situation, awful for the OAPs but it makes sense to treat the younger patient’s.

Yep, and guess what? Yesterday us Northerners living in Yorkshire, who just happen to have got our act together opening vaccine sites and finding people to give the jabs, were told that our supplies will now be halved because those living in London need it. How the hell is that fair, reasonable or justified; especially when there are idiots attending large illegal events like this.

I'm sorry to sound sour, and I know that there will be loads of people living in London who are complying with restrictions, but this just takes the biscuit.
Completely understand your frustration- but this is a very specific community in London. Many Jewish Orthodox weddings and funerals have been going ahead throughout all of this, across the world. They have huge numbers and they don’t seem to care about the virus at all. Brooklyn had a huge issue with covid in the summer because of this attitude. A very strange cultural problem.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Completely understand your frustration- but this is a very specific community in London. Many Jewish Orthodox weddings and funerals have been going ahead throughout all of this, across the world. They have huge numbers and they don’t seem to care about the virus at all. Brooklyn had a huge issue with covid in the summer because of this attitude. A very strange cultural problem.
They should all be locked up if they break the rules. Why do people think they are above the law 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I have seen some countries (Indonesia I think) are vaccinating those under 50 first, so they can go back to work and try and get their economy going again... Thoughts on that?

Reactions: 7
I remember when I lived up that way having to go into a woman's house once because her young child had been messing about and turned the gas on and due to their sabbath rules she couldn't touch the cooker to turn it off! Very different world compared to what most of us are used to.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I wonder why these communities aren’t being called out for their actions more. I’ve seen several stories where other religions have had mass gatherings and they have been photographed shamed etc but why is this hardly publicised when this culture are doing exactly the same thing.

Reactions: 9
I have seen some countries (Indonesia I think) are vaccinating those under 50 first, so they can go back to work and try and get their economy going again... Thoughts on that?
I think its dependant on the population. I could be wrong but Indonesia has quite a large elderly population so might be quicker vaccinating younger population to kickstart the economy. I dont think that would work in the UK as there would be so much demand and we would be set up to fail if it was given to the under 50's first.

They should all be locked up if they break the rules. Why do people think they are above the law 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Honestly, couldn’t tell you, but ask anyone who lives near Stamford Hill and they will tell you that the community there operate to their own law. I think the police think it’s more hassle.

• Wow
It is so so wrong. You call it a "strange cultural problem". I call it "selfish and breaking the law". I can't get my head around these idiots.

Anyway, on a positive note. Mum had her vaccine today and all is well. 😁

Reactions: 14
I remember when I lived up that way having to go into a woman's house once because her young child had been messing about and turned the gas on and due to their sabbath rules she couldn't touch it to turn it off! Very different world compared to what most of us are used to.
Absolutely. I always grew up knowing that once you go north of Stokey you’re not really in London anymore 🤣 then I watched Unorthodox and got a real insight into Hasidic life. Fascinating.

Reactions: 1
It is so so wrong. You call it a "strange cultural problem". I call it "selfish and breaking the law". I can't get my head around these idiots.

Anyway, on a positive note. Mum had her vaccine today and all is well. 😁
For sure, but I just don’t like all Londoners being tarred with the same brush. It’s a ghost town here.

As mentioned before, it’s really something the police should address but perhaps are too afraid to 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Absolutely. I always grew up knowing that once you go north of Stokey you’re not really in London anymore 🤣 then I watched Unorthodox and got a real insight into Hasidic life. Fascinating.
I was going to say it was a great show! I'm not suggesting the wedding wasn't wrong or that there shouldn't be punishments but some people have very little understanding of this area, and it isn't small.

Unorthodox gives a very good insight into the cultural rules that basically imprison a lot of these families.

Reactions: 4
Honestly, couldn’t tell you, but ask anyone who lives near Stamford Hill and they will tell you that the community there operate to their own law. I think the police think it’s more hassle.
We need to write to Sam Coates at Sky to ask him to ask the following to Pritti.

It has come to my attention that these people broke the law. Please explain in detail how you will deal with this and any further instances.

Reactions: 1

I am off to live in Wuhan for a bit of normality.
I'm not saying it was intentional and planned, but you couldn't plan better revenge for the century of humiliation than this!

Reactions: 3
We need to write to Sam Coates at Sky to ask him to ask the following to Pritti.

It has come to my attention that these people broke the law. Please explain in detail how you will deal with this and any further instances.
She seems only to have something to say when the people are brown/black and when she can insinuate they are not born in Britain.

I've never seen someone give off so much self-hate vibes. I would feel bad for her but she's just such a vile piece of work.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.