Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Downing Street appear to have rejected the £500 covid payment. Hope no one has been licking lampposts today to catch rona to get their money 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Downing Street appear to have rejected the £500 covid payment. Hope no one has been licking lampposts today to catch rona to get their money 🥴
I’ll have to cancel that Rave I was arranging for the weekend. Can anyone lend me a tenner to cover costs?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think its dependant on the population. I could be wrong but Indonesia has quite a large elderly population so might be quicker vaccinating younger population to kickstart the economy. I dont think that would work in the UK as there would be so much demand and we would be set up to fail if it was given to the under 50's first.
Hmm. Apparently they have a very young population compared to Western countries.

Reactions: 2
I wonder why these communities aren’t being called out for their actions more. I’ve seen several stories where other religions have had mass gatherings and they have been photographed shamed etc but why is this hardly publicised when this culture are doing exactly the same thing.
They are not being called out because they have money & influence. They also stick together more so than other communities. I don’t think they will be sanctioned.

Reactions: 1
Life expectancy already pretty much peaked in the UK way before covid (people laughed at me 10 years ago when I said this was starting to happen). With covid and the lockdown effects this could take a huge hit

1611330463642.png

I'll be in Spain in the Autumn IF things have have improved, I'm looking for a second home for retirement in around 15 years, I'm in no rush, the houses aren't going anywhere are they, plus prices may have dropped further by then.

We have a UK holiday booked in Cornwall for early April, this was delayed from last August. We will still be going unless the holiday park cancels us as presuming that as a family who will only need the beach, supermarkets and the odd takeaway we should be fine.

I am also planning to go to Italy to visit family in the summer hols, presuming there is some kind of travel corridor. But we'll see.

Reactions: 2
Yes I and many I know were very ill Dec 19/Jan 20...in fact a friend of mine died early January from this mystery flu/pneumonia.
All my H family in nsw, australia had covid symptoms in nov 2019. Mum, dad and two brothers.

Reactions: 3
Someone should ask when we might expect to see some - any - serious reduction in infections thanks to the (half) vaccination programme. They've been at it about four weeks now, so we should start to see some effects soon surely?

Also they've just said that the constraint on the vaccination programme is supply of the vaccinations, not the process of doing them - so what happens if stocks of the vaccine dry up altogether? What's the plan for that?

Reactions: 6
Where did Sir Patrick find that god awful tie, it's like something you would find on a wedding table in 2002.

Also does Chris Whitty only own one tie? He say's 'er...er...er...er' more times in one sentence, than my kids shout 'mum, muuuum, muuuuum, muuuum' in a day🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone should ask when we might expect to see some - any - serious reduction in infections thanks to the vaccination programme. They've been at it about four weeks now, so we should start to see some effects soon surely?
What I don’t really know is how are they going to be able to tell if it’s the vaccine reducing the spread or the extended lockdown? Then as we ease lockdown the numbers will be low anyway cos it will probably be summer by the time this happens... then they will say “oh look the vaccine worked”, only to be completely back at square one come October?!

What I don’t really know is how are they going to be able to tell if it’s the vaccine reducing the spread or the extended lockdown? Then as we ease lockdown the numbers will be low anyway cos it will probably be summer by the time this happens... then they will say “oh look the vaccine worked”, only to be completely back at square one come October?!
Well they know who they've given the vaccine to, so presumably they will be able to start preparing two sets of statistics, infections and deaths in the vaccinated vs infections and deaths in the unvaccinated. Just a question of whether they'll be honest about publishing those stats.

Reactions: 7
we don't even know if the vaccine stops the spread so likelihood is we won't know about any reductions. Also, and forgive me if I've got this wrong, aside from key workers we're still only vaccinating people who would be shielding or don't leave the house anyway so it's not going to make much of a difference until we start vaccinating younger people? I could be wrong but that's my understanding of things

Reactions: 10
I’m not understanding what the point of the vaccine is. If you’ve had it you still can’t mingle, still have to wear a mask and have to social distance.
They can’t tell if it will stop you getting covid and whether you can still transmit it? So it’s literally not going to change a single thing in terms of how we are currently living.
Remind me again why I should get it?!?!
They aren’t giving the second dose for 12 weeks so that means the mainstream population will be waiting months, if not years before both doses have been administered?!
We cannot live like this anymore!!!!!

I am so fed up of hearing that slogan at every opportunity.
Most people are doing it, there’s not much more I can stop doing. Perhaps I could cut down on the number of trips to the fridge but that’s another thread altogether.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.