Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor people in my home town in the north west have such bad flooding at the minute. So many homes ruined. Thanking God that it’s justtttt about missing my parents house. The town has really pulled together to try and help people but it’s just not what you need in the middle of a pandemic :( so sad for them all

• Sad
Reactions: 18
If the vaccinations are on track for the mid Feb deadline why are we being told post Easter for lockdown to ease?
We need case numbers and deaths and hospital admissions to decrease significantly. Especially hospitals admissions are still at their peak.
I can’t see us coming out of lockdown in February. I’m not sure what the decision on schools will be but I don’t think the pressure on the nhs will have dropped enough.

Reactions: 12
I jokingly said it was probably from the uk . The amount of people who were poorly with an unusual fever and cough type / pneumonia virus late 2019/ early 2020 was quite noticeable, I heard so many comments about it . I actually believe there were at least two viruses being lumped together as covid 19, this may turn out to be proven if samples from patients are studied retrospectively.
Yes I and many I know were very ill Dec 19/Jan 20...in fact a friend of mine died early January from this mystery flu/pneumonia.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes I and many I know were very ill Dec 19/Jan 20...in fact a friend of mine died early January from this mystery flu/pneumonia.
I remember I was in the UK in Dec 2019 and jan 2020 and caught that flu and was so incredibly sick. I remember sitting in the bath coughing my lungs up like crazy it was gross. My skin was so sensitive and I couldn’t get my fever down.

I came back to australia and felt like there was something on my lungs.. almost as if I was breathless. My throat felt tight like I couldn’t breathe properly and I was getting heart palpitations. I went to the doctors for scans and the woman looked at me funny and asked if I had been to China and I said no I’ve just come home from being in Canada for a year and then to the uk and now I’m here in Aus. They were happy to do the X-ray scans after I clarified but I’m so so sure it was in fact COVID

Reactions: 11
Free money for catching covid. What could possibly go wrong!

It’s almost like in order to mandate that people take 2 weeks off work for coming into contact with someone or because someone they live with is sick you need to make sure they aren’t financially crippled by it.
A much wider reaching isolation grant should have been brought in months ago when it because clear just how few people isolate.
SSP or losing out on pay altogether just isn’t an option for some families.

Reactions: 8
Please can someone help?
I was pinged by the app and told to isolate for 5 days. The day after my taste started going a bit odd so i ordered a home test and sent it back yesterday.
I am due back to work on Sunday so if this comes back negative can i go back in and stop isolating?
Reason I ask is because i hear people test negative and still get told to isolate for a while.

There have also been 21 covid cases at my workplace.

Please can someone help?
I was pinged by the app and told to isolate for 5 days. The day after my taste started going a bit odd so i ordered a home test and sent it back yesterday.
I am due back to work on Sunday so if this comes back negative can i go back in and stop isolating?
Reason I ask is because i hear people test negative and still get told to isolate for a while.

I think you would have to isolate for the full 5 days regardless due to the incubation period of the virus

Reactions: 5
I think you would have to isolate for the full 5 days regardless due to the incubation period of the virus
My 5th day is up today, when i started with the taste thing i updated the app and ordered a test and then it changed to isolate for 10 days. Would i still have to see the 10 days out even if negative?

Free money for catching covid. What could possibly go wrong!

Such a bad idea, there are going to be those few who go and try and catch it for the cash 🤦🏻‍♀️

Please can someone help?

I don’t think so, if you don’t have symptoms but get a negative you can but if you get symptoms you still have to isolate I think.

Reactions: 4
My 5th day is up today, when i started with the taste thing i updated the app and ordered a test and then it changed to isolate for 10 days. Would i still have to see the 10 days out even if negative?
It changed to 10 days because you told the app you had symptoms by you ordering a test.

If you have the main symptoms of covid you should isolate for 10 days even if your test is negative.

Reactions: 6
It’s almost like in order to mandate that people take 2 weeks off work for coming into contact with someone or because someone they live with is sick you need to make sure they aren’t financially crippled by it.
A much wider reaching isolation grant should have been brought in months ago when it because clear just how few people isolate.
SSP or losing out on pay altogether just isn’t an option for some families.
I see their thinking, but there are also plenty of people at financial breaking point where they've lost jobs/businesses, are trying to survive on furlough or didn't qualify for any monetary help. If you're that desperate then people could see it as an incentive to stay in their homes for another month.

Based on 38,000 new cases a day, then thats 19,000,000 in pay outs!!
They could put that money into Mental Health, helping the very same people who are teetering on the edge, or into services to help the most vulnerable so that the lonely aren't completely isolated and subsequently dying because of that

Reactions: 7
. I went to the doctors for scans and the woman looked at me funny and asked if I had been to China
A friend of mine was really poorly with flu and cough in late January/early Feb and the colleague she had a meeting with that week had the week before that had a business meeting in Las Vegas with a company from...Wuhan. Yep. It was at the CES in Vegas which has people travel all over the world to go to.

I was really ill Dec 2019 with flu symptoms and a awful cough (I never suffer with my chest) and I had awful fatigue after and gp ran a series of blood tests and just said I had ‘post viral fatigue’ but they couldn’t work out what. At the time my son was also hospitalised with wheezing and coughing and the children’s hospital also put it down to a virus.

could’ve been it I guess as it was wiping out my office at the time and my boss had just come back from travelling. Who knows.

So pleased it’s Friday, after Home school my son is going to have a sleepover at my mums (our bubble) and I will have a night alone and some peace for the first time in months.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Such a bad idea, there are going to be those few who go and try and catch it for the cash 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don’t think so, if you don’t have symptoms but get a negative you can but if you get symptoms you still have to isolate I think.
It changed to 10 days because you told the app you had symptoms by you ordering a test.

If you have the main symptoms of covid you should isolate for 10 days even if your test is negative.
Thank you guys, very sure it will be negative as my taste is back. I guess when i receive a message regarding it there will be further instructions to follow xx

Ah I haven’t a clue in that case. Which is bad that 10 months in I’m still not sure 🤣 my guess would be if you have symptoms then yes but if you don’t then no??

I see their thinking, but there are also plenty of people at financial breaking point where they've lost jobs/businesses, are trying to survive on furlough or didn't qualify for any monetary help. If you're that desperate then people could see it as an incentive to stay in their homes for another month.

Based on 38,000 new cases a day, then thats 19,000,000 in pay outs!!
They could put that money into Mental Health, helping the very same people who are teetering on the edge, or into services to help the most vulnerable so that the lonely aren't completely isolated and subsequently dying because of that
Frankly the possibility to scam this is probably 100 times less than the huge companies who have furloughed their staff while still pressuring them to work, or furloughed one half even though their business hasn't been severely impacted and simply put the workload on the other employees so just cashing in.

Of all the covid financial initiatives removing the barrier to self isolation is the thing that costs the least and more directly affects the virus spread.

Considering how low the rates are for isolating when you have symptoms or have come in close contact with the virus this is needed.

Other countries already use a system like this and it works well.

Frankly the possibility to scam this is probably 100 times less than the huge companies who have furloughed their staff while still pressuring them to work, or furloughed one half even though their business hasn't been severely impacted and simply put the workload on the other employees so just cashing in.

Of all the covid financial initiatives removing the barrier to self isolation is the thing that costs the least and more directly affects the virus spread.

Considering how low the rates are for isolating when you have symptoms or have come in close contact with the virus this is needed.

Other countries already use a system like this and it works well.
The payment incentive they gave to travellers needing to quarantine didn't work, many people didn't even get the payment, so there's no guarantee they'll get this payment.
How do they police that people will still isolate? They can't and won't, leaving this incentive open to abuse.
For blatant rule breakers they get a £200 FPN, but whilst breaking the rules and possibly catching covid they get £500 towards that fine now.
Over 3 million people haven't had any financial support through this, that money could be helping them!
Most importantly, where the bloody hell is this money coming from?!

It plays in to the hands of conspiracy theorists who have said for months the government won't ever allow normal life to return.
I think the government have given plenty of other reasons for people to be thinking that, like extending furlough again, and the underlying issue of the last rule of being able to open up being 'as long as we get no new varients'. There will always be new varients, its a virus

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.